Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Question about contam during casing...Please Help
    #1874488 - 09/02/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hi....I am attempting to cultivate the Golden teacher strain and am running into alot of problems. For some reason, about a week and a half after I case, the white mycelium ontop of the soil begins growing this green mold. Despite my efforts to scoop out the mold and start spraying with a water-HCL solution, The mold continues to grow down into the bottom layers and evidentually contaminating the whole chamber. I am pressure cooking the soil compost mixture for an hour at 15 psi before I case and even placing brand new air-conditioning filters ontop of my terriums but my efforts seem to me useless. This is the 3'rd casing that's become contaminated and Im starting to get really frustrated that I loose my whole crop this far into the process. Please respond if you know anything that will help. Thanks, Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinetwistedJay
hydriodic acid
Loc: IM A REAL KILLA
Re: Question about contam during casing...Please Help [Re: orizon]
    #1875882 - 09/02/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

first of all sterilizing and pasturizing are two differnt things. if you are sterilizing your compost that is a vital mistake. you want to pasturize at 170 in pc with lid loosly on for 60min. you want to kill the bad things and keep the good things in your compost. also be sure to have the right amount of water or you will get contams.

--------------------
this has been a message from a twisted ass mutha fucka. and if you dont like it.........EAT A DICK!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Question about contam during casing...Please Help [Re: twistedJay]
    #1877369 - 09/03/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

placing brand new air-conditioning filters ontop of my terriums

What are this air-conditioning filters and how are they secured ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Question about contam during casing...Please Help [Re: MAIA]
    #1877395 - 09/03/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So im supposed to cook the compost at 170 degrees for an hour with no pressure? Why would sterilizing the compost cause contams....If I was killing the good things than the mycelium would'nt grow at all...right? I am succesfully growing pan cyans using the same compost mixture that I pressure cook so I dont think thats the problem. The air conditioning filters that I am using are the best kind available..."Filtrete." I dont secure them with anything but rather just place them over the terriums. They fit perfectly over my chambers and leave no space for anything to get in. Securing them with anything would be a hassle cause I have to water them twice a day. Thanks for responding though.
Orizon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix