Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: NWlight] * 3
    #18773247 - 08/29/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NWlight said:
also don't need the judgmental posts about driving drunk, I've been beating myself up and not eating or sleeping for almost a month now out of guilt:

Hardly eating and sleeping for a month out of guilty for driving drunk? Don't you think that's a little extreme? I could understand if you actually hit and killed someone but jeez dude mellow out lol

Just dont do it again sheesh lol

Anyway i hope your court goes well good luck

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: court today for DUI [Re: Sheekle] * 1
    #18773555 - 08/29/13 03:08 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

abltsandwich said:
Don't beat yourself up too badly OP.  Driving drunk is underrated.  Don't believe the media hype.

Agreed.  Much to media hype indeed.

I don't do it anymore because the laws in my province have stiffened SO bad to the point the cops can play judge and jury.  Even if you blow a 0.01% they can give you a 24 hour, impound your vehicle and make you pay points off your license, if they "feel" you aren't safe to drive.  This is being appealed as we speak.  But because of the huge increase in people getting fucked over and having their licenses taken away, I don't drive drunk.

I did a solid 10 years of it though, multiple times a week.  It's shmeh.  The smear campaigns are the exact same ones that target all your precious drugs you all whine about so much.  It's mostly propoganda.

If I feel fine to drive and I know I'm in good shape, I'm going to do it.  Well that was my mentality back in the day when the laws were more lax anyhow.  I have avoided accidents with dumbass old people that shouldn't be driving while under the influence of alcohol. 

bring the :shitstorm: :lol:

I don't feel bad in the slightest for all my times behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol.  :shrug:

I knew my limits.  there were plenty of times I choose not to drive because I knew I wasn't capable to do it properly.

The people getting behind the wheel while they can barely stand and t-boning an innocent family are equivalent to the idiots jumping out a window on salvia in my opinion. 

They are also equivalent to the sober people t-boning an innocent family :smirk:

hehe bring on the flames :awesomenod: :shitstorm:

--------------------

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Loc: O
Re: court today for DUI [Re: Masked]
    #18773565 - 08/29/13 03:10 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

"knew my limits" :lol: :rofldrunk:

--------------------
:tard:

Offlinesonamdrukpa
Wayfarer

Re: court today for DUI [Re: Masked]
    #18773600 - 08/29/13 03:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
Quote:

abltsandwich said:
Don't beat yourself up too badly OP.  Driving drunk is underrated.  Don't believe the media hype.

I don't do it anymore because the laws in my province have stiffened SO bad to the point the cops can play judge and jury.  Even if you blow a 0.01% they can give you a 24 hour, impound your vehicle and make you pay points off your license, if they "feel" you aren't safe to drive.  This is being appealed as we speak.  But because of the huge increase in people getting fucked over and having their licenses taken away, I don't drive drunk.

I did a solid 10 years of it though, multiple times a week.  It's shmeh.  The smear campaigns are the exact same ones that target all your precious drugs you all whine about so much.  It's mostly propoganda.

If I feel fine to drive and I know I'm in good shape, I'm going to do it.  Well that was my mentality back in the day when the laws were more lax anyhow.  I have avoided accidents with dumbass old people that shouldn't be driving while under the influence of alcohol. 

I don't feel bad in the slightest for all my times behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol.  :shrug:

I knew my limits.  there were plenty of times I choose not to drive because I knew I wasn't capable to do it properly.

The people getting behind the wheel while they can barely stand and t-boning an innocent family are equivalent to the idiots jumping out a window on salvia in my opinion. 

They are also equivalent to the sober people t-boning an innocent family :smirk:

Even with a BAC of .15 people only have crashes an average of every 2,000 miles.  It's very rare to get into an accident even while drunk.  That doesn't mean it's a good idea.  It does mean that you don't have a very good handle on exactly how risky your actions are.  People aren't capable of really understanding such odds.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: court today for DUI [Re: NWlight]
    #18773604 - 08/29/13 03:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

My brother had court for a DUI today too!
:highfive:

--------------------
!

OfflineInconspicuous
Κύριος

Re: court today for DUI [Re: sonamdrukpa]
    #18773605 - 08/29/13 03:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sonamdrukpa said:
Quote:

Masked said:
Quote:

abltsandwich said:

Even with a BAC of .15 people only have crashes an average of every 2,000 miles.  It's very rare to get into an accident even while drunk.  That doesn't mean it's a good idea.  It does mean that you don't have a very good handle on exactly how risky your actions are.  People aren't capable of really understanding such odds.

What's the average when sober? And what's the average for say .08?

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #18773636 - 08/29/13 03:25 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Op must have gotten locked up :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: B_BOY]
    #18773660 - 08/29/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I've driven drunk. There were times when I thought 'hey, no big deal' and times where I could barely keep my eyes open and on the road. That line between 'I'm cool' and 'Eye'mah cuhoool bra' is blurry to say the least. Thing is, even when you've had just a couple beers, it's still no fun. I'm always worried about a checkpoint, or someone else doing something stupid and getting fucked over.  So I skip the whole thing and just ride my bike to the bar. I can get as smashed as I want and still be able to ride in a straight (enough) line to make it home.

Good luck OP!

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: court today for DUI [Re: Lynnch]
    #18773671 - 08/29/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I've driven drunk over 1,000 times and I've yet to get into an accident.  Just make sure to be the least drunk person of the road.  Where I am from is different though, only certain towns try to nail drunks.  Too many alcoholics near me to get all of them.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

#18773672 - 08/29/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You can get a DUI on a bicycle is WA state.

Invisiblethe mad machinest
Medicine Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: parallel universe #420
    #18773673 - 08/29/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

B_BOY said:
Op must have gotten locked up :lol:

I hope not:rolleyes:

--------------------
:hummer:

:trees::trees:

:aweyeah::trippinbawelz::awecid:

:redneck::tentjump:                         :hole:

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: the mad machinest]
    #18773685 - 08/29/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

yeah me neither but if he did it will only be like 3 days. so not gonna kill him

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: fapjack] * 2
    #18773702 - 08/29/13 03:37 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It only takes once.. My aunt didn't make a habit of doing it and ended up T-boning some family and killing (at least one of) them. No priors. She did 15 years in prison for manslaughter. The psychological damage she suffered (not to mention the physical damage) is for life though..

You get in a wreck and it doesn't matter who is at fault if you're drunk. You will be liable.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinesonamdrukpa
Wayfarer

Re: court today for DUI [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #18773715 - 08/29/13 03:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inconspicuous said:
Quote:

sonamdrukpa said:
Quote:

Masked said:
Quote:

abltsandwich said:

What's the average when sober? And what's the average for say .08?

I am actually having real trouble finding where I got that statistic from.  I suspect I may have derived it from other data.  Here is some relevant stuff though:

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-1/63-78.htm

Even having a single drink triples your risk of getting into a fatal accident.

--------------------

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: Magicman69]
    #18773763 - 08/29/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magicman69 said:
You can get a DUI on a bicycle is WA state.

I've been stopped by the sheriff on my bike, pretty recently too. I was shitfaced, though not falling down drunk, but he had to know. He stopped me because I blew through a stop sign, and was going so fast he thought I was running from him :lol:  He checked my ID, I shot the shit with him a little and asked how fast I was going, he let me go on my way.  Try doing all that drunk in a car.  You'd have to be a real shitshow hitting cars or falling over to get a BUI.

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
    #18773775 - 08/29/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Out here if you are WALKING drunk, you will get arrested.

for real.

--------------------

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #18773777 - 08/29/13 03:53 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

VivaLaMushie said:
Out here if you are WALKING drunk, you will get arrested.

for real.

thats called public intoxication, same as anywhere

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: court today for DUI [Re: Shroomslip]
    #18773782 - 08/29/13 03:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
It only takes once.. My aunt didn't make a habit of doing it and ended up T-boning some family and killing (at least one of) them. No priors. She did 15 years in prison for manslaughter. The psychological damage she suffered (not to mention the physical damage) is for life though..

You get in a wreck and it doesn't matter who is at fault if you're drunk. You will be liable.

The same thing can happen if you are stoned and I know enough people here do that as well.  I try not to make a habit of it, but more so out of fear of a DUI than fear of an accident.

--------------------

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
    #18773784 - 08/29/13 03:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

yeah but if you're minding your own buisness, not causing a ruckus and truly just trying to walk home from the bar while drunk, they'll take you :frown:

its mean and cruel

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: court today for DUI [Re: fapjack] * 1
    #18773804 - 08/29/13 04:00 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I think driving while high is stupid as well.. I know I'm in the minority about that here.

I've never supported the "everyone else does it so it must be okay" mindset... Doesn't matter if everyone is high while driving, I still say it's dangerous. Maybe I'm just a special kind of person and smoking weed doesn't slow everyone else down, although I highly doubt it, but anything that impairs my ability to think clearly and react fast cannot be good for something as inherently dangerous as driving. 

I'm the same way about driving while very tired/sleepy and texting while driving.. I see them all as dangerous and unnecessary. If someone is finding any of it nessecary then that someone needs to plan ahead better.. More time to sober up/sleep or pull over to text if it's that important.

Don't even get me started on that "smoking makes me a better driver" shit either.. That's the same thing stumbling drunks say. It most certainly doesn't make them a better driver, they just don't notice all the mistakes they're making.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom