Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenoth1ng
Stranger
Danny Carey Drum Clinic
    #1875217 - 09/02/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this is from www.toolband.com on the news section(Aug 22)
"22 Aug 03
DANNY CAREY DRUM CLINICS
The first of three drums clinics by Danny will be in Kansas on September 16th at the Shawnee Mission South High School (5800 West 107th, Overland Park, Kansas 66207). Tickets are $14.00 and go on sale today. After the proper banishing rites are concluded, the masterclass will start at 7:30. For additional information (some which might be a bit frightening to the uninitiated) and to find out how to purchase tickets (please DO NOT call the high school for tickets) go to www.explorersdrums.com and click on the link for the Danny Carey drum clinic. The other two clinics will be held in New York (with ELP?s Carl Palmer and his Custom Cast kit designed by Jeff Ocheltree and Paiste) on September 20th and in Philadelphia on September 21. I will post more information about these events when it becomes available. In the meantime, those interested should keep an eye on Danny?s site (www.dannycarey.org) for any further updates on these clinics and other events on the calendar.
BMB "

i dont play drums but i gotta go and meet danny...any one in kansas or near wanna go pm me.
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: noth1ng]
    #1875785 - 09/02/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

wow that's awesome...
I wish I was anywhere near those

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: Blastrid]
    #1876943 - 09/03/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man. I play the drums and am very very excited that he's coming to NYC. It is my dream to see him play. He is my favorite drummer of all and I love his music. What I was wondering is, do you have to be of a certain amount of talent to go? Do you have to be really good? I am pretty good at drumming but nothing anywhere near him. I would like to go to the one in NYC, so if you can answer my question that would be awesome. Thanks!

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Anonymous

Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: flanders53]
    #1876955 - 09/03/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you should go to one of their concerts.

hes almost inhuman.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: flanders53]
    #1876956 - 09/03/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I really doubt he would exclude begginners..noth1ing said he doesn't even play drums and he's going.  GO man GO!  :smile:  I sure as hell would if he came here!

Offlinenoth1ng
Stranger
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: ekomstop]
    #1878327 - 09/03/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"After the proper banishing rites are concluded, the masterclass will start at 7:30"

i think that means any the 'lesser' drummers will be eliminated?

fuck yeah...ive always wanted to meet any of the tool guys and here he is coming like 10 mins away...in KANSAS, wtf is that. karma baby, karma....
-

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #1878525 - 09/03/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"After the proper banishing rites are concluded, the masterclass will start at 7:30"

i think that means any the 'lesser' drummers will be eliminated?

I personally argree with your interpretation.....for a group that pertains to claim "we are all one mind" that seems a bit pretentious and hypocritical to me.....more bullshit under a different guise....just my .02

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1878675 - 09/03/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been to two of their shows man. All the more reason why I want to see him so fucking bad. I need info on where to buy tickets. I'll check out his site.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1878826 - 09/03/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think it means a simplified excorsism.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Anonymous

Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: Murex]
    #1880441 - 09/04/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i think it might be a joke. =\

Offlinetylery85
Stranger
Re: Danny Carey Drum Clinic [Re: noth1ng] * 2
    #28647047 - 02/05/24 01:19 AM (1 month, 21 days ago)

I sort of feel bad bringing back a topic from 20 years ago, but at the same time I think it shows how powerful this website, and I guess the internet in general is. I found a bunch of ticket stubs from when you actually got them back in the day versus digital tickets like it is now. I remember my Junior year at Shawnee Mission North high school, sitting in line at the closest grocery store who had a Ticketmaster booth trying to get Tool tickets on the Lateralus tour for the KC show Oct of 2002, getting bad seats, but still being super happy about it. I was a drummer in our marching band and our previous drumline coordinator/teacher, Matt Ronin, had taught Danny Carey in some capacity when they were younger. Matt was insane good. Could do 7s and 9s with accuracy and had previously been involved with professional drumlines in a teaching capacity. It was so fun learning from someone who was so talented and still wanting to teach. Explorers Percussion was where me and my drum friends got all of our sticks, but also where my high school had a contract for all of the marching drums and gear. It was our home then and I just found out now that they closed last year after decades of service. What a bummer. Anyway, back in 2003 we heard about Danny Carey doing a drum clinic at Shawnee Mission South, which was and is still very awesome to me. Tool wasn't small then. People knew who Danny Carey was and I remember at the time feeling so fortunate to have the opportunity to go to this event. My friend Alex and I got real high in the parking lot beforehand and I just remember how cool the whole event was. That year was the first time I had taken psychedelics and discovered my fondness for them, which continues to this day. I have followed Shroomery posts and gained knowledge from this forum for the last twenty years. The whole point of this story I guess, is that it was so awesome having this weird memory of seeing Danny Carey at a local high school teaching a topic of interest to me then, and then 20 years later looking up the event to see if there was any record of it (there are videos on YouTube of it) and the first post about it is on the Shroomery. Really shows the influence of this forum over the last decades. I wonder how different the psychedelic community would be now had this place never been born.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale