Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMelusina
Male
Making Chocolates For Dummies
    #10558617 - 06/23/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There was just a thread about this the other day...one crops up every once in a while. I thought it might be helpful to find out what I could and post it all in one step-by-step, "For Dummies" recipe form, and allow anyone who has tried it to make their own edits.

I'm trying this today, btw :smile:

The cumulative opinion, as well as what I know about making chocolate candies in molds, seems to be:

Equipment needed:

Chocolate or Almond Bark
Dried mushrooms
Melting apparatus*
Candy thermometer (optional, but when I've made mushroom-free chocolates in the past and it helps)
Coffee Grinder
Spoon

IF USING WATER TO MELT CHOCOLATE, BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY MOISTURE IN THE CHOCOLATE-THIS CAN SCREW IT ALL UP!

If somehow moisture does leak in, sometimes it can be saved by adding vegetable oil and mixing in by re-melting.

Recipe 1

1.Decide how potent you want your candy to be.
2. Grind up dried shrooms in a coffee grinder, if possible.
3. Weigh shrooms, and divide that figure by potency (grams) to decide out how many candies that is going to be.
4. Decide size for each candy, and
5. Melt correct amount of Chocolate/Almond Bark at lowest possible temperature**
6.Stir in shroom powder, mix VERY evenly.
7.Pour melted chocolate into mold/ice tray/muffin tray, being careful to remember your original figures to ensure correct dosage.
8. Refrigerate or freeze for firmness and to preserve shrooms

Alternate Recipe
1.Decide how potent you want your candy to be.
2. Grind up dried shrooms in a coffee grinder.
3. Weigh shrooms, and divide that figure by potency (grams) to decide out how many candies that is going to be.
4. Divide powder into doses
4. Decide size for each candy, and
5. Melt correct amount of Chocolate/Almond Bark at lowest possible temperature**
7.Pour melted chocolate into mold/ice tray/muffin tray.
6.Stir in one dose of shroom powder to each slot in mold/ice/tray ect. Mix VERY evenly, in case someone wants to split one. This step should be done quickly, while the chocolate is still melted.
8. Refrigerate or freeze for firmness and to preserve shrooms

*Methods of melting: double boiler/chocolate melter(best), glass bowl in pot of water, microwave. When using a double boiler, it is best to not allow the water to actually boil, if possible.

**Chocolate can tolerate at different temps, depending on the type. Milk and white chocolate:not above 115°F  Darker chocolates: not above 120°F (48.9°C).

Anyone want to add/take away anything?

Edited by Melusina (06/23/09 02:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemoldem
Stranger Than You
 User Gallery

Re: Making Chocolates For Dummies [Re: Melusina]
    #10559437 - 06/23/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Since your senses are enhanced, i wouldn't use anything but the darkest unsweetened coco chocolate.

Sweet chocolate mixed with mushrooms makes me gag.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Making Chocolates For Dummies [Re: moldem]
    #10559551 - 06/23/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I just boil water w/ chocolate in a bowl on top, melts it down. Stir in powderized shrooms, pour into pyrex or brownie tray, throw in freezer for awhile. Cut. It's really not that hard that a dummy version would need to be made lol.

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Loc: Thessaloniki
Re: Making Chocolates For Dummies [Re: Platinum]
    #10559583 - 06/23/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i was thinking to make little chocolates and put into each the same amount of mushies not mix them with choco.

InvisibleMelusina
Male
Re: Making Chocolates For Dummies [Re: albien5]
    #10559795 - 06/23/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Platinum said:
I just boil water w/ chocolate in a bowl on top, melts it down. Stir in powderized shrooms, pour into pyrex or brownie tray, throw in freezer for awhile. Cut. It's really not that hard that a dummy version would need to be made lol.

I know it's not all that hard, really, but every few months a thread pops up asking. I figure if people search (IF), they'll see the heading of the post and there you are! They won't have to post a thread.

I had a little trouble at first with it-chocolate can be finicky.

Maybe it's the female in me who wanted the recipe :smile:

Quote:

albien5 said:
i was thinking to make little chocolates and put into each the same amount of mushies not mix them with choco.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. It seemed like most recipes I found called for it the way I posted. Hmmmm...I'm going to amend it so it has both methods.

Offlinesuperfresh
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Making Chocolates For Dummies [Re: Melusina]
    #18768208 - 08/28/13 12:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

dope. thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds