Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!!
    #1876245 - 09/02/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Too bad they are in American tanks. Depleted Uranium tank shells have been linked with soaring cancer and respitory rates in areas where they have been used before, ie. Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Gulf War I. DU rounds have extraodinary penetrating power and can easliy penetrate other tanks steel armour, burning on impact. This resulting fire kicks up billions of microscopic radioactive and toxic dust particles, which can be carried on the wind for miles. DU forever contaminate any soil or water it seeps into. Ever heard of Gulf War Syndrome? Half of the 697,000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq pt. 1 have reported serious illness and birth defects in their children.

Unfortunately for Iraqi's post-Saddam, much of the 1,100 tons of DU munition fired were in major urban centers with high population density. In the 1st Gulf War only an estimated 375 tons of DU were used, mostly in open desert.

By any measure, the use of poisoned munitions is ILLEGAL by standard international law, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Charter of the United Nations, the Genocide Convention, the Convention Against Torture, the four Geneva Conventions of 1980, and the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907.

This is a war crime, and there is no exscuse.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #1876253 - 09/02/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent point  :thumbup: 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1876457 - 09/03/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

right on!

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1876494 - 09/03/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

On the WMD scale, depleted uranium is much closer to the cigarette smoke end of the scale than the end where we find things like sarin gas and hydrogen bombs.

IAEA has a good FAQ about depleted uranium, with lots of facts and figures for anyone who is concerned about depleted uranium in the environment.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1876605 - 09/03/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting link.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1876697 - 09/03/03 04:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SquattingMarmot said:
By any measure, the use of poisoned munitions is ILLEGAL by standard international law, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Charter of the United Nations, the Genocide Convention, the Convention Against Torture, the four Geneva Conventions of 1980, and the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907.

This is a war crime, and there is no exscuse.

Well, it isn't like Bush shows any regard at all for international treaties, the United Nations, or even Geneva Conventions.. Never forget that the United States is the all powerful nation that doesn't need anyone, and treaties were made to be broken...

When will this nutcase get taken out of office? I mean, not for at least another year?! I can't believe Clinton got impeached for lying about sexual relations and yet Bush continues wrecking the world..
Peace. (but this isn't important to Bush).

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1876727 - 09/03/03 04:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't lead bullets be illegal weapons of mass destruction according to the same reasoning? Lead is also a poisonous heavy metal.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1876736 - 09/03/03 05:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I can't believe Clinton got impeached for lying about sexual relations

I can't believe there are still fools who don't realize he was impeached for LYING UNDER OATH. That's a felony. All he had to do was to say it was none of anyones business and he would have been home free.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1876790 - 09/03/03 06:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wouldn't lead bullets be illegal weapons of mass destruction according to the same reasoning? Lead is also a poisonous heavy metal.

LOL, An interesting point

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1876793 - 09/03/03 06:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I can't believe there are still fools who don't realize he was impeached for LYING UNDER OATH. 

And as long as George manages to do all his lying while he's not under oath thats quite alright, right Luv?! :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: GazzBut]
    #1876813 - 09/03/03 07:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Your humor is weak.

I doubt you really need me to explain the difference.

I found the whole Clinton impeachment to be a waste of time and money. However, he brought it on himself.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1877035 - 09/03/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

depleted uranium is much closer to the cigarette smoke end of the scale

Depleted uranium is far more likely to kill large numbers of people than Sarin gas ever will.

Children's cancer rates have spiraled 300-400% since before the Gulf War in 1991. Leukemia incidence began rising dramatically around 1994 and continues at a high level. Forty percent of the cancer victims up to 15 years old have leukemia, more than double the figure for lymphoma, the second most common pediatric cancer.

Iraqi doctors believe that the increase in cancer patients after the Gulf War among adults as well as children is largely due to the depleted uranium munitions used by the US and British forces during the battles.

http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/abom/uran/index_e.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: Xlea321]
    #1877041 - 09/03/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have seen arguments on both sides of this before Alex. I think the US should do a study, and if it proves to be a health risk down the road, after a war is over, they should find a solution to the problem. Saying that depleted uranium is more deadly than Sarin is pretty ridiculous.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: WMD's Found in Iraq!!!!!!! [Re: shakta]
    #1877048 - 09/03/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That's not what I said is it shak. I said "Depleted uranium is far more likely to kill large numbers of people than Sarin gas ever will".

This is pretty obvious.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1877064 - 09/03/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

How do you know?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1877068 - 09/03/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually I meant to edit that last line out, after I re-read your post. I see what you are assuming.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1877077 - 09/03/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Children's cancer rates have spiraled 300-400% since before the Gulf War in 1991. Leukemia incidence began rising dramatically around 1994 and continues at a high level. Forty percent of the cancer victims up to 15 years old have leukemia, more than double the figure for lymphoma, the second most common pediatric cancer.

Iraqi doctors believe that the increase in cancer patients after the Gulf War among adults as well as children is largely due to the depleted uranium munitions used by the US and British forces during the battles.

You realise that is completely uselss without the actual figures. Although I dont dispute depleted uranium can and will cause an increase in the number of people contracting cancer. Saying there has been a 300-400% (why so unspecific?) means nothing without the actual statistics.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1877106 - 09/03/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Depleted uranium is far more likely to kill large numbers of people than Sarin gas ever will.

You think so? Why? The article you quoted from has no better source than the phrase "it is said that..." for the claims that depleted uranium is killing large numbers of people.

Did you read the FAQ at IAEA's site? It puts the radioactivity of depleted uranium in perspective by comparing it to natural uranium, which is twice as radioactive and is present in kilogram quantities in every garden, and is absorbed into our vegetables, and into our drinking water.

Maybe depleted uranium does cause some hard-to-measure health problems. But the credibility of anyone who is truly concerned about the health of the iraqi people is only damaged by unsubstantiated claims. Why not focus on cholera before making waves about depleted uranium? The link between war and cholera is much stronger, and cholera definitely kills people.

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
    #1877306 - 09/03/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps you should look at this link concerning the detrimental health effects that DU poses. It is also from the IAEA website.

And as for the lead comparison; Do lead bullets toss microscopic lead particles into the wind? When a bullet is shot into the ground, or a river, does it conataminate that source for a few million years? Depleted Uranium is infinitely more dangerous than lead.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Edited by SquattingMarmot (09/03/03 12:08 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1877423 - 09/03/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

But the credibility of anyone who is truly concerned about the health of the iraqi people is only damaged by unsubstantiated claims.

So would you be happy to see your child playing in a sandy area comtamiated with depleted uranium?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom