Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage?
    #18753366 - 08/24/13 10:24 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I've been out of weed for awhile and read that common sage has CBD activity so I tried smoking some. I have a plant outside, but it's small and I didn't want to take too much from it so instead I tried some rubbed sage from the kitchen. Even just taking a gb it actually had clear, though short and slight effects (I didn't smoke much because I also don't want to use all of my kitchen sage). \

It actually seemed more psychedelic than marijuana ime in that a lot of the effects were hard to describe, it just makes you more present and appreciative of.. well, everything. The distinguishable marijuana like effects were that kind of hazy concentrated stony feeling, a warm blanket kind of body high (which I also get from psychedelics, this was more or less exactly halfway between the two), gigglyness, and slow motor control, not like alcohol, it wasn't a loss of motor control by any means, just a desire to sit there ala couch lock. After about 20 minutes I could no longer discern any appreciable effects.

It's not particularly easy to smoke because it burns very slowly and for a long time so tonight I tried combining it with some tobacco to increase the rate of combustion and perhaps even the tobacco smoke would help carry it into the lungs. The effects were.. well.. the psychedelic effects were lessened, but the marijuana like effects were more pronounced and so far has lasted much longer. It's been maybe 20-30 minutes since I've smoked it and I'd say I'm still about 'peaking' (it's mild, but again I didn't smoke much because I like to cook with this herb too :P).

The next two ideas that came to me were combining it with marijuana as it likely has a similar smoke point and would be better aided than tobacco/nicotine and otherwise I simply wonder if they'd have a synergistic effect. I'd suspect it would either make the high more psychedelic, shorter lasting, or simply stronger, essentially requiring less marijuana to get you high. I'm also curious what effect decarboxylating the sage might have since eating it seems similar to marijuana, that is to say it basically does nothing unless you eat quit a bit or heat it to a rather high temperature, but due to the properties of sage I don't know how easy of a process that would be so I'll save that for another day when my plant is bigger perhaps I'll do some experimenting of my own. Just wondering if anyone has any sage and marijuana lying around though if they'd mind trying it out of curiosity and reporting how it is. I'd suggest a 1:1 ratio and mix them together as thoroughly as you can, due to the way sage burns I also would suspect other forms (that is whole leave or non rubbed) might have slightly different effects, so for the experiment I'd try rubbed, it'd also blend in much easier with the marijuana, but either way just use as finely chopped/grated/or powdered as you can.

edit: After smoking the last I set aside I'm also now wondering if it simply has a reverse tolerance effect like Salvinorum A, and not unlike marijuana really as many people report, myself included, of not getting high the first time they smoke and the nicotine having nothing to do with it. This is surprisingly strong and subtle at the same time, it's like when you're tripping nuts yet you feel almost sober if you know what I mean. This has me really curious about this herb on an intellectual level, it seems quite complex. I suspect anyone who's used both psychedelics and marijuana would notice the effects, but if not just wait a day and try it again. The first time I smoked it was just last night and I smoked about as much as I did tonight, but the effects are much more pronounced and longer in duration tonight for one reason or another.

Edited by krypto2000 (08/24/13 10:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKingKnowledge
Around
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: krypto2000]
    #18754473 - 08/25/13 08:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm...this is quite interesting. From a quick google search, I see sage is in the "salvia" genius, just like divorum...

I may give it a try.

OfflineLabs4858

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #18754484 - 08/25/13 08:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I'll for sure try it not while i'm in school though. I'll try it between semesters for sure.  :blazed:  :blazed:

--------------------

InvisibleClockCode
A Lonely Hypha

Loc: The Highest Desert
Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: Labs4858]
    #18754512 - 08/25/13 09:14 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I believe the active in Sage is thujone, and it has a high content.  Thujone is toxic to liver and brain cells, supposedly it can cause convulsions in higher doses.

However what I read was also about thujone in essential oil form, though I believe Sage has a higher concentration of it than wormwood.

--------------------
Psilovibing

Offlinegoldcaphunter
EMS Medic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Massachusetts Flag
Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: ClockCode]
    #18754827 - 08/25/13 11:17 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:mitebecool:

--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

OfflineMoonSpirit
Airbender
Female

Loc: USA
Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #18754840 - 08/25/13 11:24 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I combined them the last time I did Salvia. First time I did Salvia was just straight extract and I pretty much freaked out and had a horrible, dysphoric trip. Couple days later, I did it again mixed with weed and I started to panic for 10 seconds, then there's something about the weed that gives you the ability to kind of stop time and go "hey, relax. you've been here before. it's vaguely familiar. so relax" and I found myself able to enjoy the trip for the next 20 minutes.

So yeah. Mixed with weed it also definitely extended the tripping time frame as well. Instead of tripping for 5-10 mintues, tripped for 20. Idk, it honestly just made things a lot calmer. Salvia definitely overrides any high feelings though, until the Salvia later wears off, then the high might be felt. :smile:

However, ever since mixing these two, high doses of weed create some small salvia-like "pins and needles" and depersonalization feelings. Pretty much intensifies every weed trip for me now.

Edited by MoonSpirit (08/25/13 11:27 AM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Anyone interested in doing an expirament by combining marijuana and common sage? [Re: MoonSpirit]
    #18756516 - 08/25/13 06:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

interesting, I assume it definitely would have an effect then. Though I still wonder what the active alkaloid responsible for the cannabis like high is because as Clockcode mentioned it contains Thujone, but then the active alkaloid in "Salvia" )(I was just referring to "Common Sage") is Salvinorum A. So the effects could be from thujone, a combination of the 2 (Common sage likely has at least trace amounts of SA), or perhaps even an undiscovered chemical. Not that I believe it contains LSD by any means, but if it did contain something similar simply due to having such a low dose response it would take awhile before it were actually discovered due to the low concentration of such a molecule and the sensitivity of it to lab testing. If it did though I would theorize it can be smoked/consumed with effects simply because other active alkaloids act as a carrier for it, or perhaps even break down/work synergistically to form it in the body. Other than as a smoking blend combination (or even added to marijuana edibles maybe?) I wouldn't say there is too much of a recreational value at present, but it's definitely an interesting herb from a chemical standpoint all the same.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules