Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBogiesmoke
Stranger
9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok.
    #18752960 - 08/24/13 08:20 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

About 9 days ago i birthed, dunked for 24 hours, then placed cakes in terrarium nicely covered in verm. Still no pinning except for one very small dry looking small mushroom that I just noticed today but doesn't look moist at all, kind of shriveled. See pic. I fan and water a few times a day and give the terrarium light when I can...I can't have a set schedule but the first three days I put the box under a fluorescent light attached to the ceiling with the terrarium on floor stacked with books on the edges for about eight hours each night.  Then there were a few days without much light, I.e. two days without much light then a day with 8 hours of light and so on. I didn't drill my holes 1/4 inch because the last time I couldn't keep the humidity steady. I drilled slightly smaller holes and now my humidity remains at 98%, which I think is a little high thus the reason I fan using the shotgun terrarium and mist afterwards. Most of the day the terrarium is stored on the top shelf of a storage room, when I can most days I move it to a main carpeted room for the evenings before placing it under light, always stacked on books around the edges of the bin to keep it off the floor, thinking the better and cleaner in main room vs storage room. I could be wrong. Feel free to ask questions I will respond.

I really would appreciate any thoughts on my setup, my routine, any ideas or if this looks good to you. Thanks a million. Btw, being Cambodian I thought they would have pinned as quickly as they colonized.

I'm doubt it's the perlite since the humidity remains constant at 98%...too high?

Edited by Bogiesmoke (08/25/13 10:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeanerwiener7
heisenshroom
Male User Gallery

Re: 9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok. [Re: Bogiesmoke]
    #18752987 - 08/24/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

i have used Cambodian and for me they pinned and became full fruits very quickly, a few days really. id say that the small holes could be an issue, or your perlite cld be too dry and needs to be re saturated.  i am reasonably new to this hobby but those wld be my guess. IME some will pin and grow large rather faster than others do, so just give it some time and im sure more are to follow.

--------------------

OfflineNagualaPawer
old hand
Male

Loc: surrounded by hills
Re: 9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok. [Re: Beanerwiener7]
    #18756353 - 08/25/13 06:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

just have patience, and stop touching your cakes with dirty hands.

i like misting a lot, and fanning a lot.

--------------------
Yet to find a signature

Offlined9c6
Male User Gallery

Re: 9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok. [Re: NagualaPawer]
    #18756434 - 08/25/13 06:38 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Just try and be patient. It took mine around 9-10 days before I saw hyphal knots then another day before my first pin. Just mist in the morning, evening, and once before bed. Fan a bit more than you mist. Good luck!

--------------------

OfflineJman420
MagicJ
Male

Loc: On a Cloud
Re: 9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok. [Re: d9c6]
    #18756445 - 08/25/13 06:42 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Patience is key :thumbup: Wait another week or so.

Keep up what you're doing. 98% humidity is perfect.

--------------------
            --My Everything You Need To Know Tek--

Disregard the haters and "know it alls", it is everything you need to know TO GET STARTED.

If you want to become an expert, you'll need to do a lot more research.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Open Your Mind To A New Future
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            :amanita2::syringe: :mushroom2::prance::mushroom2::cubie::sporedrop:

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: 9 days in and no pinning/white growths/please advise if setup looks ok. [Re: Jman420]
    #18756459 - 08/25/13 06:46 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Can't tell from your pics,  but I think you need better FEA. You should fan often,  Mist..  also,  make more holes in your fruiting chamber

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix