Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans
    #18750355 - 08/24/13 07:12 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i went to college to get away from the street

i took as much student loans as i could get
because to drop out of college was to return to the street culture of the hollywood punk of which my youth was spent

but the only thing i liked at that college was literature

upon graduation i only could go to law school
i went for a year, not my thing

i became a waiter and then bartender cook and chef
in all my time i never made more that 16,000 dollars in a year

my student loans defaulted
in 20 years since school and my original loans of 50,000 dollars they have accumulated until nearly a half a million

at one point in my life i tried to kill myself over it and the fact that i was ever further from any sort of viable career or lifestyle

then i got over it

but everyday i get farther away from any possibility of paying them off

it's really usury
the end

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChuckfinely
another round for me an my buddy

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: eve69]
    #18750383 - 08/24/13 07:36 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

As is the story behind 80% of my highschool friends who went to 4 and 5 years of school

100's of thousands in student loans, and they're all working at a sub shop or movie theater

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Chuckfinely]
    #18750409 - 08/24/13 07:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think I'm leaving America when my law suit's settled, those faggots can eat their 50k with rusted forks and knives. These wars ruined my goddamn future because of this failed economy.

I make 50k/yr now doing something that I love but I'm not paying them a fuckin dime since I'm not doing what I really love and paid that money for.

Invisiblelessismore
    #18750410 - 08/24/13 07:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I owe 150k too

the only thing that keeps me from getting frustrated about it is that there is always a solution

if you got no money, they can't get any money, pretty simple
then you can get an agreement about what you have to pay them

the more you owe the easier it is to get one...
can't remember the name of it

the logical in it is that if they dont make an agreement with you and you got almost no money, they get no money back
so they would rather get some money back than no money

I know a person who got out of 170k debt by an agreemnt to pay $200 a month for 8 months...
(and it wasn't even a student loan, was taxes lol... they're much harder to be excused from)

settlement might be the name, not sure in english..

also I got no car as I live in the city, don't need one
so I got nothing to lose :-) , don't have anything they could possible take from me to gain money from, don't even have a bicycle
but I do have my own apartment..

Edited by lessismore (08/24/13 07:56 AM)

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: lessismore]
    #18750439 - 08/24/13 08:07 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Don't feel too bad.  I have another 16 years worth of child support at $2000 a month.  And I get my children 50% of the time.  Makes no sense.  Make a plan to become wealthy and pay your debts.  Save a large sum and offer it at once to clear it.  Cash talks.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #18750633 - 08/24/13 09:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear that.  When you are that young it's hard to understand what the future really is like.  They saw you coming and for them it's a business. :shrug:

People with proper parents who can guide them realistically can come out on top.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineqman
Stranger

#18750695 - 08/24/13 09:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:

because to drop out of college was to return to the street culture of the hollywood punk of which my youth was spent

in 20 years since school and my original loans of 50,000 dollars they have accumulated until nearly a half a million

at one point in my life i tried to kill myself over it and the fact that i was ever further from any sort of viable career or lifestyle

then i got over it

it's really usury
the end

So penalties and interest ballooned the original $50k into 350k, I wouldn't really worry about it, you have lived 20 years without paying, so you can survive the rest of your life without paying the rest of the debt.

You will never be able to pay off this debt, so don't even bother, yes your credit will most likely suffer, but that's life.

I heard that un-payed student loan debt will be attached to SS benefits when you start collecting at a certain age, so this problem will never really go away, this is called living the "American Dream".

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: qman]
    #18750740 - 08/24/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

eve69 said:

then i got over it

it's really usury
the end

So penalties and interest ballooned the original $50k into 350k, I wouldn't really worry about it, you have lived 20 years without paying, so you can survive the rest of your life without paying the rest of the debt.

You will never be able to pay off this debt, so don't even bother, yes your credit will most likely suffer, but that's life.

I heard that un-payed student loan debt will be attached to SS benefits when you start collecting at a certain age, so this problem will never really go away, this is called living the "American Dream".

Wut I thought everbodies parents just payed for college and bought them all brand new bmws on graduation. :eek:

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #18751728 - 08/24/13 02:09 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe you can hire a lawyer to negotiate lower payments/settlement.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: ManianFH]
    #18752523 - 08/24/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you all for your words, and well spoken. 

I like the thought that we don't know what's up when were kids but they all see us coming. 

Knowledge in America doesn't bring responsibility and good will, it brings methods of torture, trite slogans for decimating other nations and creating a state of perpetual debt.

That's the American reality to the Dream.

When I was a kid I took the CA Proficiency at age 15, went to college at 17 and nobody ever asked me what I was doing or what I wanted to be. I wanted to survive. 

Survive is all I have done.

You all be good :wink:

--------------------
...or something

OfflineYrat
Hello

#18778183 - 08/30/13 04:24 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

the student loan bubble will be the next to pop, just like the mortgage bubble...  far too many people with unpayable debts.

hopefully they haven't been packaged and securitized like the last time around this block.

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Yrat]
    #18778196 - 08/30/13 04:26 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
the student loan bubble will be the next to pop, just like the mortgage bubble...  far too many people with unpayable debts.

hopefully they haven't been packaged and securitized like the last time around this block.

when i hear the losers say "just student loans" like it's a given I know the shit is about to hit the fan.  debt has been sold to these idiots cause they pay for their living expenses in addition to school.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: eve69] * 2
    #18778232 - 08/30/13 04:34 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

The only person you have to blame is yourself. Do you know how many different options there are for repaying student loans? Do you know that you don't have to take the maximum loan, that you could have taken any amount below what they offered you?

This is no different than you buying a Ferrari when you know you can't afford one, and then making no effort at all to pay the loan back. I don't feel bad for you at all. You chose to take out those loans, and then you chose to do nothing to try to pay them back. Now you're in debt. What a surprise.

Every student I know thinks long and hard about student loan debt and how they're going to pay it back. It's people like you who are ruining student loans for the rest of us who are actually responsible.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: nooneman]
    #18778320 - 08/30/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
The only person you have to blame is yourself. Do you know how many different options there are for repaying student loans? Do you know that you don't have to take the maximum loan, that you could have taken any amount below what they offered you?

This is no different than you buying a Ferrari when you know you can't afford one, and then making no effort at all to pay the loan back. I don't feel bad for you at all. You chose to take out those loans, and then you chose to do nothing to try to pay them back. Now you're in debt. What a surprise.

Every student I know thinks long and hard about student loan debt and how they're going to pay it back. It's people like you who are ruining student loans for the rest of us who are actually responsible.

The difference is when they pay not only tuition but living expenses.  People are way stoked to be paid and educated.  Dumb fucks.

--------------------

Offlinepocornfun
"Swim"
    #18778465 - 08/30/13 05:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I say Fuck em  & live your life.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: pocornfun]
    #18782010 - 08/31/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pocornfun said:
I say Fuck em  & live your life.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #18782513 - 08/31/13 07:08 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

I agree actually.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #18782563 - 08/31/13 07:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

"It's people like you who are ruining student loans for the rest of us who are actually responsible."

No, despite the fact that over 15% of student loans are now in default (and growing higher everyday), students still have the same access to credit, the default rate is irrelevant.

The government guaranteeing all the loans, and granting credit to every student is what is causing tuition to continue to soar higher every year. Cut off the credit availability, and keep college tuition costs down, this giving loans for every student is what is causing the main problem, over priced tuition costs.

Edited by qman (08/31/13 08:34 PM)

OfflineChuckfinely

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: nooneman]
    #18782807 - 08/31/13 08:11 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

because a sports car is an investment in your future like an education is :rolleyes:

Imo this generation of grads (+/- 6 or 8 years) was all told "go to school, get a $100k/year job", and because of this they all took out student loans willy-nilly expecting to be loaded the day they get out of school.

The only person I know to even get a job after school was an ex-sister in law that worked her ass off for 5 years in school to become an RN, had about 130k in student loans, and took about 7 months after graduating to find a job. And even then it was changing bed pans for 50k a year

I always wondered why everyone's parents drilled it into their head that getting a degree guaranteed you a job and happy life. Cause a giant student loans bubble and a bunch of people 200k in debt working at sub shops is what we got from it :congrats:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#18782899 - 08/31/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's funny how teenagers never seem to think their parents know what is going on but swallowed that advice hook line and sinker.  Maybe a little carrot in the form of greed driving the horse.:haha:

I never graduated college and when I left I owed $500 bucks which I paid off the day after I was out.  Then I retired set for life at the age of 55. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineChuckfinely

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Icelander]
    #18783105 - 08/31/13 09:14 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
It's funny how teenagers never seem to think their parents know what is going on but swallowed that advice hook line and sinker.  Maybe a little carrot in the form of greed driving the horse.:haha:

I never graduated college and when I left I owed $500 bucks which I paid off the day after I was out.  Then I retired set for life at the age of 55. :wink:

My dad never went to college on worked his way up from rough'ing houses to a sit down job going over blue prints for 80k/year, and he hardly made it through high school

my ex father in law made 90k+ a year selling life insurance. He never had any school and was a bat shit crazy jehova's witness, and he was still able to pull six figures when he tried.
He was so retarded though he would give away half of it, spend the other half on stupid and pointless shit like treasure hunting, and then owe 40k in taxes when he was broke :lol:. Seriously i saw this guy staring at a turned off tv for like 5 hours one time :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to go into sales once i get my record cleaned up. Thats one job that will always exist. Everything gets sold at some point, why not be the one selling it? :shrug:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#18783160 - 08/31/13 09:28 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I was in sales for much of my work life. :lol:

I saved my money instead of blowing it.

--------------------

Offlineziggity
Stranger
Male

#18787692 - 09/01/13 11:27 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the moral of the story for everyone who honestly believes that college is the best route to go (trust me I'm going to college but I'll explain it).

So, what is college? Well, traditionally back before modern times (1800s- present) college or UNIVERSITIES were centers of great research and information. The only people who went to college prior to the modern age were either 1) well connected wealthy people or 2) Very smart and intelligent students that demonstrated they could succeed at the greatest of achievements at the university. It was very expensive to attend these and therefore the rich people could afford it and the smart students with no connections got in for free because the university would make money off of recognition from those smart kids.

Universities were huge centers of vast research and stored huge archives of some of the most supreme knowledge known to man. That's what it was about: enlightening the human brain to allow it fully control its destiny and have an easier way of molding the forces around him to benefit him. Universities traditionally were to "get smarter".

with that idea in mind, we move to modern times. These days the masses have been diluted and disillusioned into believing they have a chance to live the American Dream. They tell you that "college will advance your career opportunities exponentially". There's a catch. They purposely made it so you would have to "specialize" and pick a major and minor to create a "path". Well this the #1 indicator as to how you will now be "labeled" in society. By enrolling in an Arts and Sciences university will destroy any chance of working in particular business positions where you won't be making the REAL MONEY. Or by enrolling in a major such as Hospitality or Human Resources, you completely specialized in a position which can be learned in about a year of experience on the job. Those positions specialize in "people skills" which in effect are good with people but, as a business man myself, those skills stands no chance of understanding how to be a truly financially independent human.

College isn't meant to get a career. Universities are to be used to expand the human brain and allow it to find some of the most important knowledge centers and abuse that availability to knowledge until you're tired of learning. It's not to get a job. You realize how diverse the job market is? Every organization in the business world works in its own way. Some company might have a position which is exactly the same as in another company but they'll have two completely difference meaning and they'll both have two different ranks in the hierarchy.

I attend a 4 year university and I'm on my second year. I've learned more in the first year of college than I've learned all throughout government issued public schooling (elementary-high school). I can finally think for myself and I also live completely on my own besides my parents paying the college and car while I pay my own way living in a different city. I now control my own destiny not because I will have a "certification" to do so but rather because I now understand the forces which affect me and the forces which I can control. I will major in Economics/Finance. Not because I want to go get a nice paying job that will pay me 150,000-200,000 a year someday. I'm doing it because I'm passionate about those things. I want to write and calculate complex economic theories and understand the true nature of business. I also want to study the universe in its entirity but I know I'll be able to do that once I've worked hard enough. I want to own business'. Business' that I passionately believe will make change in the world.

You see, college isn't about landing a job. Financially if you're going to college, you better be able to profit off of what you're going to do with that degree within one to two years of graduating. If you have to take out loans to go to school, don't. It's the worst idea ever. Get a full time job. Get TWO JOBS IF YOU FUCKING HAVE TO. Then within one to two years of working your ass off and saving as much as you can from those jobs, THEN you can afford to go to college and discover your destiny. But until you can literally pull money out of your pocket to pay for it, IT AIN'T FUCKING WORTH IT.

OfflineJackOfNoTrades
Person of Interest

#18790123 - 09/02/13 02:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I owe 192k from undgrad and from failed experiment at a shitty for profit law school in Florida. I went to try and better myself and all it did was ruin my fucking life. Everyday it gets worse too knowing I can't have a life. Going to college and law school was the worst mistake of my life.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: JackOfNoTrades]
    #18797640 - 09/04/13 01:06 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I hear you man. There were two grad schools I applied to for a PsyD in psychology back in the day. I got accepted to both, then saw the tuition fees were in the area of 150k for 5 years at 7-9% interest. I declined both just because that seemed kind of outrageous for a psychology degree.

Years later I talk to the people who did get those degrees and theyre fucked. Stuck with a 50k/year job with 2k/month loan payments.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #18799247 - 09/04/13 01:27 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

How the fuck did any of you get more than 50k in debt because of college? Did you all go to harvard or somethign?

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #18799266 - 09/04/13 01:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
How the fuck did any of you get more than 50k in debt because of college? Did you all go to harvard or somethign?

its because they went to 4 years of university instead of cc for the first 2. Plus instead of working to survive they used loans to pay for rent,food, etc.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: psyconaught]
    #18806973 - 09/06/13 11:01 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

its because they went to 4 years of university instead of cc for the first 2. Plus instead of working to survive they used loans to pay for rent,food, etc.

This.  The "cheap", no-name school I went to is 20k/year for basics (tuition, "fees", room/board).  That does NOT include anything else: health insurance, books, a new laptop, clothes, recreation etc.  Add in all the other stuff and it can easily be 25-30k/year.  Take an extra year and you'll pretty easily break 100k.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: badchad]
    #18832789 - 09/12/13 02:49 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

My gf is now getting her wages garnished over 24k studen loans that she defaulted on.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

--------------------

Offlineziggity
Stranger
Male

#18838787 - 09/13/13 09:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

This.  The "cheap", no-name school I went to is 20k/year for basics (tuition, "fees", room/board).  That does NOT include anything else: health insurance, books, a new laptop, clothes, recreation etc.  Add in all the other stuff and it can easily be 25-30k/year.  Take an extra year and you'll pretty easily break 100k.

Quote:

recreation etc.

You barely have enough money to pay for the school and you're talking about finding some recreation in your life? BITCH PLEASE. My parents are paying for my school and I STILL SPEND MY SATURDAY NIGHTS WORKING MY ASS OFF FOR SCHOOL. I guess some of us just don't have the "godly" drive in us...

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: ziggity]
    #18840191 - 09/14/13 06:36 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I guess some of us just don't have the "godly" drive in us...

I bet you have it though.:rolleyes:

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#18841598 - 09/14/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ziggity said:
You barely have enough money to pay for the school and you're talking about finding some recreation in your life? BITCH PLEASE. My parents are paying for my school and I STILL SPEND MY SATURDAY NIGHTS WORKING MY ASS OFF FOR SCHOOL. I guess some of us just don't have the "godly" drive in us...

Nobody said I didn't have money for school.  I have absolutely zero school loan debt.  Somebody asked how school loans could exceed 50k.  I provided a simple answer to that question. 

And to put it simply, you have no idea how much "drive" I do, (or do not) have.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#18841982 - 09/14/13 06:41 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

how can you not know?

i have a 62.74% drive to make this joke

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#18849795 - 09/16/13 03:51 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Started at a university and within one semester had a debt of $5,000. That went good I guess, grades falling to like a 2.07. Moved to California for... family reasons, and last semester costed just the same AT A FUCJING CC. $5,000 just for 12 damn credits at a CC, that now did not include a dorm, food, gas which I now had to pay, and a shitty living arrangement which involved chores and such again. Can't say which was better but I moved states again and now 6 credits is costing just $600 at a CC which I consider fair, OOS full time is $2,600 compared to the $5,000 california. The problem is that my job I only get just enough money to cover my gas to work and school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My plan is to get my masters minimum but that guy up there said a Psy.D costing 150k? Which programs would you need to pay a ridiculous amount for??? I mean really, I'm asking is there any education in the world that will go from AS to Psy.D worth that full 150k? lol our future along with me is fucked. I can't wait for WWIII...

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Atrium]
    #18850136 - 09/16/13 04:52 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I don't understand why university is so expensive in the USA.

UBC is an acclaimed university here in BC (not ivy league, but has a good reputation as far as i know,) take a look at their tuition fee's Here.

There seems to be a view that Canadian universities are second rate, ... I can't comment on that.

So why the price difference?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineYrat
Hello

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: PDU]
    #18850392 - 09/16/13 05:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

because federal student loans essentially operate as a blank check from govt.

of course schools are going to jack prices up.  guaranteed $$ comes in from the feds, and students are stuck with the bill.

this will continue until students actually matriculate with some level of intelligence and realize how they are getting fucked.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Yrat]
    #18913633 - 09/30/13 10:32 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

This thread is quite depressing.  I am in my second year of community school and just do not see how I will make any money off of the path I chose without going to 4 more years.  I have started to read entrepreneurship books and realized that college useful, but the 50 grand spent could be used to start my own business.  Shit is fucked.

Offlinegeazerpleaser
No one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ny
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: thelanzii]
    #18913662 - 09/30/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:wowz: THATS  HUGE AMOUNT, you might as well get a ton of credit cards and go on a wild shopping spree since youre probably going to be in debt the rest of your life either way :haha:

Edited by geazerpleaser (09/30/13 10:42 PM)

Invisiblelessismore
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: geazerpleaser]
    #18915952 - 10/01/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Starting your own business or working at any company is often more economical than getting a degree

because once you've done 5 years of uni + the 1-2 years you were late on finishing your masters, you'd often be in 30k debt at least

you don't earn a lot more finishing a degree, but you might get a more interesting job perhaps

but you might as well do the interesting stuff in your freetime and work less ?:-)
there you can read any book you want, while working minimum hours and still having lots of money if you got no debt

debt is a bad thing, restricts your freedom

Invisiblethelanzii

#18917065 - 10/01/13 04:20 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mio said:
Starting your own business or working at any company is often more economical than getting a degree

because once you've done 5 years of uni + the 1-2 years you were late on finishing your masters, you'd often be in 30k debt at least

you don't earn a lot more finishing a degree, but you might get a more interesting job perhaps

but you might as well do the interesting stuff in your freetime and work less ?:-)
there you can read any book you want, while working minimum hours and still having lots of money if you got no debt

good points.  The only courses I have truly enjoyed and been motivated to do well in are philosophy related courses.  Unfortunately there a very few jobs attained from a philosophy degree.

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#18918188 - 10/01/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

mio said:

good points.  The only courses I have truly enjoyed and been motivated to do well in are philosophy related courses.  Unfortunately there a very few jobs attained from a philosophy degree.

Major banks hire philosophy majors sometimes of course they are usually ive league philosophy majors...

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#18918205 - 10/01/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

mio said:

Major banks hire philosophy majors sometimes of course they are usually ive league philosophy majors...

Edited by thelanzii (10/02/13 12:06 PM)

OfflineTsukasa
sky high

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Adden]
    #19040087 - 10/27/13 10:25 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
I think I'm leaving America when my law suit's settled, those faggots can eat their 50k with rusted forks and knives. These wars ruined my goddamn future because of this failed economy.

I make 50k/yr now doing something that I love but I'm not paying them a fuckin dime since I'm not doing what I really love and paid that money for.

Hell yea Dystopia... The exact reason I'm not going to college. It's a waste of money and ruins your life. Thats all I keep hearing from every where. I graduated college, but I cant find a job.

My manager when I worked at Cefco ( a corner store in Texas ) had a bachelors in biological engineering and one of my coworkers was a medical transcripter both couldn't get any thing better than a 7.25 an hour at a gas station.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Tsukasa]
    #19041969 - 10/27/13 06:23 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TriGeoLight said:
Quote:

Dystopia said:

Hell yea Dystopia... The exact reason I'm not going to college. It's a waste of money and ruins your life. Thats all I keep hearing from every where. I graduated college, but I cant find a job.

My manager when I worked at Cefco ( a corner store in Texas ) had a bachelors in biological engineering and one of my coworkers was a medical transcripter both couldn't get any thing better than a 7.25 an hour at a gas station.

I think you are putting too much of the blame on the college and not enough on the individual.  College is not just about acquiring skills for a specialized job.  It teaches one how to be a correctly socialized individual of society.  Connections and internships are facilitated.  If you have the skills you can get a job paying more than 7.25.  One just has to want it, work at it, and flaunt what they have to offer in this extremely competitive job market.  This is not to say many high paying jobs can't be acquired without a college education.  Either way ya gotta be on your toes.

OfflineEddeee
Observer/messenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: under the pacific ocean o...
    #19042050 - 10/27/13 06:41 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Collage is all a big money making baseness now.. Especially in the Medical fields. I know some peeps have 600,000 in Student loans. Although they are working in there field there going to be working for the Government a very long time.There are to many degrees out there and no work for those degrees. You all have been scammed You can't file bankruptcy on this its like child support payments. I paid my own way through school. but when I was going to school the price was affordable.
Now its The price to get a degree is so high its criminal kind of like our health care system Took me a while to get through collage but I got through it,  hey im doing what I went to school for. Stay Tune this is going to be the next Economic disaster for this country

--------------------
Don't read books study life then write books
we are nothing but atoms trying to figure out what atoms are.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Eddeee]
    #19042111 - 10/27/13 06:53 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Not if young people actually vote.  Young people typically have democratic views... since young people are normally broke.  If all young people voted we would have free health care and free higher education like many other highly industrialized nations.

I will come out of school with about 15 grand in debt because of smart decisions along the way.  Also not spending 10+ grand a year on living expenses.  It can be done cheap enough if one goes about it methodically. 

Edited by thelanzii (10/27/13 06:55 PM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#19042623 - 10/27/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
I will come out of school with about 15 grand in debt because of smart decisions along the way.  Also not spending 10+ grand a year on living expenses.  It can be done cheap enough if one goes about it methodically. 

I'd appreciate advice, or to hear about how you did things.

I will be starting university in 2014, might move back in with my parents for a year or two... trying to be realistic.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #19047736 - 10/28/13 06:15 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Started at a university and within one semester had a debt of $5,000. That went good I guess, grades falling to like a 2.07. Moved to California for... family reasons, and last semester costed just the same AT A FUCJING CC. $5,000 just for 12 damn credits at a CC, that now did not include a dorm, food, gas which I now had to pay, and a shitty living arrangement which involved chores and such again. Can't say which was better but I moved states again and now 6 credits is costing just $600 at a CC which I consider fair, OOS full time is $2,600 compared to the $5,000 california. The problem is that my job I only get just enough money to cover my gas to work and school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My plan is to get my masters minimum but that guy up there said a Psy.D costing 150k? Which programs would you need to pay a ridiculous amount for??? I mean really, I'm asking is there any education in the world that will go from AS to Psy.D worth that full 150k? lol our future along with me is fucked. I can't wait for WWIII...

You got a roughly 2.0 GPA at a real university with massively inflated grades and you're still thinking about a Masters?  In Psychology?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19047750 - 10/28/13 06:18 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Not if young people actually vote.  Young people typically have democratic views... since young people are normally broke.  If all young people voted we would have free health care and free higher education like many other highly industrialized nations.

None of that is free.  Somebody else has to pay for it.  Why don't you demand that professors work for nothing? 
Quote:

How do you pay your living expenses?  10K a year for food, rent and assorted bullshit isn't much.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Eddeee]
    #19047763 - 10/28/13 06:20 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Eddeee said:
Collage is all a big money making baseness now.. Especially in the Medical fields. I know some peeps have 600,000 in Student loans. Although they are working in there field there going to be working for the Government a very long time.

They won't be working for the government.  They will be working for private college parasites.  Who do you think the money went to? 
Quote:

There are to many degrees out there and no work for those degrees. You all have been scammed You can't file bankruptcy on this its like child support payments. I paid my own way through school. but when I was going to school the price was affordable.
Now its The price to get a degree is so high its criminal kind of like our health care system Took me a while to get through collage but I got through it,  hey im doing what I went to school for. Stay Tune this is going to be the next Economic disaster for this country

Next?  All the kids living in their parents' basement already is a disaster.  How's that Obama working out for them?

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19048027 - 10/28/13 07:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

the trillion spent on iraq would pay for those professors brah.  Our gdp is 15.6 trillion dollars.  If other countries can do it we sure can too.  We are the ones paying for it with our tax dollars. Unfortunately we cannot have guns and butter.

I live at home part of the year and work my ass of during the summer.  Community college and financial aid do wonders.  The way I am going about college education is not exactly the norm but the end result will hopefully payoff.

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19057582 - 10/30/13 01:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Because now that dad's dead I'm not drinking myself into a coma every Friday and Saturday night. I have a 3.5 from last semester, which was my psychosis/depression stage. Now, back to normal for the first time since about 2nd-8th grade I'm back to being a studious person. I have a 4.0 going right now for this semester along with a scholarship of $5,000 practically guaranteed (from the assembly of our church my dad was a pastor for roughly 30 years) and another $5,000-$10,000 for losing a parent.

I know, after a 2.07 it's kind of hard to see that I could be a good student. Great. You're just like the scholarship people only handing them out to the 4.0 students who were probably forced to do all of this shit through high school.

My ACT was a 25. That counts for something.

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19058986 - 10/30/13 05:53 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
the trillion spent on iraq would pay for those professors brah.  Our gdp is 15.6 trillion dollars.  If other countries can do it we sure can too.  We are the ones paying for it with our tax dollars. Unfortunately we cannot have guns and butter.

Who's this "we", Kemosabe?  You aint a taxpayer.  I can say "we".  You cannot.
Quote:

I live at home part of the year and work my ass of during the summer.  Community college and financial aid do wonders.  The way I am going about college education is not exactly the norm but the end result will hopefully payoff.

You work your ass off in the summer?  Doing what and how many hours?  What are you majoring in?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19059001 - 10/30/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Because now that dad's dead I'm not drinking myself into a coma every Friday and Saturday night. I have a 3.5 from last semester, which was my psychosis/depression stage. Now, back to normal for the first time since about 2nd-8th grade I'm back to being a studious person. I have a 4.0 going right now for this semester along with a scholarship of $5,000 practically guaranteed (from the assembly of our church my dad was a pastor for roughly 30 years) and another $5,000-$10,000 for losing a parent.

I know, after a 2.07 it's kind of hard to see that I could be a good student. Great. You're just like the scholarship people only handing them out to the 4.0 students who were probably forced to do all of this shit through high school.

I don't know what ACT scores mean.  I do know that it is information you failed to include in your initial post, as is almost everything else in this post.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19059205 - 10/30/13 06:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Quote:

You work your ass off in the summer?  Doing what and how many hours?  What are you majoring in?

1/6th of my paycheck goes to taxes and social security... im not a tax payer?  I dont pay taxes on my purchases? drug dealers are tax payers.  your not arguing the point you originally disagreed aka your wasting my time.  I do not know where you get off saying you pay taxes and I do not.  So being a citizen does not include me in the we? ok.  educated conversation were having here
associates in entrepreneurship baccalaureate in organizational management

Edited by thelanzii (10/30/13 06:49 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19059327 - 10/30/13 07:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Quote:

1/6th of my paycheck goes to taxes and social security... im not a tax payer?  I dont pay taxes on my purchases? drug dealers are tax payers.  your not arguing the point you originally disagreed aka your wasting my time.  I do not know where you get off saying you pay taxes and I do not.  So being a citizen does not include me in the we? ok.  educated conversation were having here
associates in entrepreneurship baccalaureate in organizational management

ORLY?  You do pay around 7.5% payroll tax which amounts to exactly what for your part time summer job doing what, again?  And do you not get most of the income taxes withheld returned?  And what benefits do you receive from the government?  Are they not far greater than the taxes you think you pay?

I googled what you said your degree was and I can't figure out what it is or what it is good for.  "associates in entrepreneurship baccalaureate"  What the fuck is that supposed to mean??

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19059364 - 10/30/13 07:15 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I have an associates in entrepreneurship.  now studying for my baccalaureate degree in organizational management.  I get most of it back but I still pay taxes.  I am a citizen therefore "we" is justified.

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
    #19059425 - 10/30/13 07:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ignore zappa he's just a black hole of negativity.
Anyways ya college sucks donkey dick if you make bad choices. My parents are paying for my education but its in a city I absolutely fucking hate. I can't complain compared to most people I guess.:shrug:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: thelanzii] * 1
    #19059729 - 10/30/13 08:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
I have an associates in entrepreneurship.  now studying for my baccalaureate degree in organizational management.  I get most of it back but I still pay taxes.  I am a citizen therefore "we" is justified.

You do not pay for anything, Kemosabe.  You are currently a net liability.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19059986 - 10/30/13 08:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

your uneducated.  act like your minimum wage job contributes much.  local state national, taxes are taxes and I pay em. 
You could not even grasp the concept of taxes being able to pay for college education or else you would have countered the statement.
enjoy being poor your whole life while I already have knowledge on how to run a personal business and soon to have a 4 year on how to manage an organization.

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19060689 - 10/30/13 10:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:

I don't know what ACT scores mean.  I do know that it is information you failed to include in your initial post, as is almost everything else in this post.

While I realize it is vital information to see, I also stated I had family problems. I had, since 2003, a father who was dying of cancer. He got better, my grades did too. In 6th grade I was passing tests at 10th grade levels. Then I moved about 100 miles to Colorado Springs before freshman year. I became depressed because I couldn't make friends; I was just different (I've since changed those differences). Then my dad got sick again in my high school years. 2.0 gpa for the rest of high school, til senior year when I moved in with my cousins. Then I got a 3.7 without trying it felt. I didn't have nights where we were rushing to the hospital, had friends, played sports year round, had a girlfriend etc.

I don't "like" so much to write this story but I feel it helps in certain situations. I haven't told anybody but maybe 5 friends of all that's happened, and this was about half.

This is why I whole-hardheartedly, undoubtedly know that I can become a great psychologist. I'm not just someone trying to get a degree. I have a specific goal in psychology.

As for ACT's/SAT's, they are the American college entrance exams so to speak. Tell college's where you're at. ACT's come in out of 36 I believe, and only >~5% score above 30. I scored in the <~75% percentile. Not exactly GREAT, but like I said, must count for something.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19063812 - 10/31/13 02:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
your uneducated.  act like your minimum wage job contributes much.  local state national, taxes are taxes and I pay em. 
You could not even grasp the concept of taxes being able to pay for college education or else you would have countered the statement.
enjoy being poor your whole life while I already have knowledge on how to run a personal business and soon to have a 4 year on how to manage an organization.

We pay six figures in taxes every year.  It is my taxes paying for your education, not yours, which are no doubt piss.  I have run a business for almost 30 years.  You went to school.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19063826 - 10/31/13 02:48 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I know what ACTs are.  I just didn't know what the score means.  Good for you, then.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19066714 - 10/31/13 10:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

We pay six figures in taxes every year.  It is my taxes paying for your education, not yours, which are no doubt piss.  I have run a business for almost 30 years.  You went to school.

want a cookie?
i dont even get what your arguing
my point about higher education is valid
you gotta few years on me... great
you were a liability for the first part of your life as well

Edited by thelanzii (11/01/13 01:23 PM)

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#19067073 - 10/31/13 11:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Don't worry when you get a little older youll get it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19069878 - 11/01/13 01:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The funny thing about all these taxes "I pay for your education" shit is that we literally all do. Who in the hell didn't go to elementary school or high school here? Because those are the only kids who we didn't pay for their education. Even then, bet those sons of bitches probably had parents on welfare or foodstamps.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19070540 - 11/01/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

want a cookie?
my point about higher education is valid
you gotta few years on me... great
you were a liability for the first part of your life as well

To my parents I was.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19070548 - 11/01/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
The funny thing about all these taxes "I pay for your education" shit is that we literally all do. Who in the hell didn't go to elementary school or high school here? Because those are the only kids who we didn't pay for their education. Even then, bet those sons of bitches probably had parents on welfare or foodstamps.

The sad thing is that "we all pay" is fucking nonsense.  Most people don't pay for shit in taxes.  They are carried by a very small segment of the population.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19070647 - 11/01/13 04:06 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Don't bullshit me mother fucker :wink: sales tax helps fund k-12 and is on almost everything. Ergo, anyone who buys stuff in your state somehow paid for your education.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19071547 - 11/01/13 06:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:What percent of sales taxes do you suppose goes to education?  If you think the sales taxes you pay amount to shit then you are pretty delusional.  Most schools are paid for by, wait for it, SCHOOL taxes.

--------------------

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
    #19072287 - 11/01/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

First of all don't ever think about killing yourself over this again... you can get out of this more easily than you think. I defaulted on $70K in loans and I got back in the game in about 3 years.

First, if you defaulted on the loans, and it's been twenty years, they should be off your credit report, yea?

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19072472 - 11/01/13 09:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
:facepalm:What percent of sales taxes do you suppose goes to education?  If you think the sales taxes you pay amount to shit then you are pretty delusional.  Most schools are paid for by, wait for it, SCHOOL taxes.

75% approximately, of Michigans sales tax goes towards public education in the grade school area.

Anyways I'm fuckin with yah cus I know you'd be pissed about this. I know sales tax isn't shit according to rich people. Isn't it crazy how rich people who complain about taxes still have enough money to live extravegantly through a recession? Why the hell do they need double their fucking money then if they can still afford to live so greatly when they're taxed to hell?

--------------------

Edited by Atrium (11/01/13 10:00 PM)

Invisiblethelanzii

#19072487 - 11/01/13 10:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

75% approximately, of Michigans sales tax goes towards public education in the grade school area.

Anyways I'm fuckin with yah cus I know you'd be pissed about this. I know sales tax isn't shit according to rich people. Isn't it crazy how rich people who complain about taxes still have enough money to live extravegantly through a recession? Why the hell do they need double their fucking money then if they can still afford to live so greatly when they're taxed to hell?

money is addictive

OfflineThecrimson
Stranger
    #19074053 - 11/02/13 08:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Yer kind of a dick and pretty immature for someone so apparently seasoned.

People like you are proof that age does not equal wisdom or maturity, just arrogance.

Edited by Thecrimson (11/02/13 08:29 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19074943 - 11/02/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Why should you get one nickel of what I earned?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Thecrimson]
    #19074949 - 11/02/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thecrimson said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Yer kind of a dick and pretty immature for someone so apparently seasoned.

People like you are proof that age does not equal wisdom or maturity, just arrogance.

Immature dick or not, I am correct.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19075972 - 11/02/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Society's a pot, we all put in to make it better.

That being said, you've probably never needed food stamps so you don't understand.

It's ok but money is just paper, remember that.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19077363 - 11/02/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

because you use social services just as everyone else does

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

#19181553 - 11/24/13 06:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:

then i got over it

it's really usury
the end

you know those loans have a time limit right??? At least the student loans I am getting the creditor only has 20 years to collect the debt before the debt gets wiped clean... or if a person worked for non-profit or for like a school the credit only has 10 years to collect the debt. Thats why I am going to get on the income based repayment plan and let my loans fall off when the time is up.

:feelsgoodman:

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: blackdust]
    #19190648 - 11/26/13 07:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think there's a time limit.  Not to mention I had to consolidate them in 93 to get out of default so I could free up my transcripts to go to local community college. So were there a limit to their legal ability to collect at 20 years that would be ten years further down the line. 

There's no way out of federal student loans - ever.

--------------------
...or something

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

#19190732 - 11/26/13 07:42 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Under the IBR program "If you have not repaid your loan in full after making the equivalent of 25 years of qualifying monthly payments, any outstanding balance on your loan will be forgiven."

http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand/plans

I guess you would have gotten onto one of several programs for the loan to fall of after so many years.

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: blackdust]
    #19190879 - 11/26/13 08:34 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

you had left out a little something

Quote:

after making the equivalent of 25 years of qualifying monthly payments

that never happened

--------------------
...or something

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19190907 - 11/26/13 08:44 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

student loan system is usury , and its managed by filth.
they deserve scorched earth ,
with used motor oil and ground glass for food.

refusal to pay a single coin to the shit worms, is a duty.

--------------------
:aliendance:

InvisibleDieCommie

#19191091 - 11/26/13 09:47 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
There's no way out of federal student loans - ever.

Thats not true.  There was a student loan bailout just a few years ago.  Now, you only have to pay 15% of your above poverty level income towards your student loans.  After 25 years, the rest is forgiven (10 years if you work for certain non-profits).  I have a friend with six figures of student loan debt who pays 20$ a month.  My wife and I pay less than our interest rate.  Over half of student loans are not being paid back on time.  Many/most student loan borrowers will never pay back all their loans.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: DieCommie]
    #19191157 - 11/26/13 10:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i paid nearly all of my college in cash up front.
straight stinky benjamins.

then they reported me for structuring.
i was forced to take out loans for the last year.

the filth, will never see a single dime.
never ever ever.

its a moral obligation, to renounce usury, and odious debt.

350k aint bad, you should  have seen what my amex was before they seized that.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (11/26/13 10:09 AM)

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: anne halonium]
    #19191284 - 11/26/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Shit, if I had known this, I wouldn't have upfront paid off my loans in July. Something like $1,500 went to those fuckers. Only the unsubsidized, gaining interest one.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#19191309 - 11/26/13 10:37 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Shit, if I had known this, I wouldn't have upfront paid off my loans in July. Something like $1,500 went to those fuckers. Only the unsubsidized, gaining interest one.

Yea, I regret paying off as much as I did when I did.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19191565 - 11/26/13 11:40 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

pay nothing, live without regret!

--------------------

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#19195110 - 11/27/13 05:02 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
pay nothing, live without regret!

well that's the thing really - when i dropped out of law school and started waiting tables i was supposed to pay 700 a month - that was back when my loans were about 45,000 dollars.  that was too much for me right then because i had this strange desire to eat food and have shelter - not sure what monthly they want now but about five years ago it was something like 1,400.00 bucks per month.  i never made more money 20 years later than i did 20 years ago. my student loans went up in principal while my wage was thrown backwards due in no little part to katrina and mother nature. so i just said fuck it.  not lifting a finger now. imagine being a duck and throwing yourself at the blind to be shot. that's the equivalent at this point. i'm on the run. never to come back. guadalahara of the pocket book. permanent vacation. see me kite.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #19196929 - 11/27/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

But until you can literally pull money out of your pocket to pay for it, IT AIN'T FUCKING WORTH IT.

I think paying for college in cash is a great idea; I am doing it for my second degree and I will do it when I chase after my masters, but to completely deny loans is a pretty rash idea.

Not everyone is ignorant to loan payments and not everyone in college is 18 years old when they are a freshman. Some freshman are 50 years old and they know a lot about a lot.

You can't lump people into categories and make conjectures like this.

Loans can be good, but they must be paid on and kept under control.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: XUL]
    #19196999 - 11/27/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Quote:

Loans can be good, but

in this case they are instruments of usury and involuntary servitude.
odious debt is bogus, and should be renounced.

--------------------

Offlinemaddad
Stranger
    #19197024 - 11/27/13 03:28 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So I have been skimming thru this thread, not reading every post... But does no one see that the government is doing this on purpose? Why do you think they shell out all that money for kids to go to school? So they can be successful and live the American dream? Thats bullshit, if everyone was to go to college and get a job they love. We wouldn't have people to do half of the jobs to keep our society running. They give out all that money so that we are in debt to them for the rest of our lives. One reason I never went to college, I saw that a mile away. Everone you meet just after college almost always has a shit job, because they have no real experience, and that's what it takes to get a high paying job.

They say it takes money to make money, and all the interest you are paying on those loans in a prime example of that.

It's a terrible and I'm sorry that a lot of you on here have been taken advantage of. If I was in that position I would definitely get out of America, way off the grid somewhere.

Just remember that some one has to shovel the shit and dig graves. Sometimes its better to be the simple man rather than the one reaching for the stars.

--------------------
I live in an aura of hope because I live in a twilight world of my own self-generated, cannabinated fantasy, and I forget that not everyone is so fortunate. - Terence McKenna

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: maddad]
    #19197561 - 11/27/13 05:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Education loans and subsidies does not net the US govt. money, it costs the US govt. money.  Coupled with the massive amount of grants they give out for free, education is a big money loser for the government.  Its the university that makes money off the student's loans, not the government.

You have a conspiracy theorist's perspective here that is not supported by facts.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19197866 - 11/27/13 07:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
education is a big money loser for the government. 

your right, its a form of coroprate welfare.
all the more reason, to renounce usury and odious debt.

its also, patriotic it seems.
who wants the gubbamint bankrupted by  predatory oligarchs?

only the sickest type of society, demands slavery for education.
paying one coin into this system, is tanatmount to endorsing slavery itself.

if no one pays , everyone is liberated,
and the filthy investor  is impoverished, and we shall prosper.

and ,make no mistake, those that profit from this system,
are filthier than an unpasteurized cat turd grow.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (11/27/13 07:14 PM)

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#19198183 - 11/27/13 08:26 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
education is a big money loser for the government. 

your right, its a form of coroprate welfare.
all the more reason, to renounce usury and odious debt.

its also, patriotic it seems.
who wants the gubbamint bankrupted by  predatory oligarchs?

only the sickest type of society, demands slavery for education.
paying one coin into this system, is tanatmount to endorsing slavery itself.

if no one pays , everyone is liberated,
and the filthy investor  is impoverished, and we shall prosper.

and ,make no mistake, those that profit from this system,
are filthier than an unpasteurized cat turd grow.

There is nothing immoral about making money if the masses are stupid enough to get debt for useless degrees then they should pay the consequences.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19198242 - 11/27/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

how bout this,
corrupt sovereigns, corrupt central banks,
those that practice usury, and the oligarchs that profit from it, suffer the consequences.........

historically, they usually do.

the present student finance system is a evil farce at its best.
it will likely collapse itself, from its own excess,
before the sheeple do anything about it.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#19200178 - 11/28/13 10:34 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
There is nothing immoral about making money if the masses are stupid enough to get debt for useless degrees then they should pay the consequences.

And if the elite are willing to lend me money I can never pay back to study something useless then they should have to pay the consequences.  And they are.  :grin:

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#19200182 - 11/28/13 10:35 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Poor student loan czars :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #19207074 - 11/30/13 12:41 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

You should change your avatar. Reminds me of Andy before he mattered.

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Adden]
    #19207948 - 11/30/13 09:42 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
You should change your avatar. Reminds me of Andy before he mattered.

Yea I vaguely remembered he had this same one but its so cool

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#19208294 - 11/30/13 11:48 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:

And if the elite are willing to lend me money I can never pay back to study something useless then they should have to pay the consequences.  And they are.  :grin:

This is government backed debt, so when the student loans go into a major default crisis, guess who pays the piper?  The banks?  No. The government, or really the tax payer? Yes.

JP Morgan the largest US bank just announced two weeks ago they are exiting the student loan business, many others are likely to follow, the question is why?  More likely than not, the student loans are going to need a full government bailout, and the days of getting all the money needed for college is over.

My suggestion is to let the colleges finance the students they accept into their institution, if they believe in their product and the future it provides, put your money where your mouth is, something tells me they know better.

Offlinedjmasturbeat
Stranger

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: qman]
    #19212436 - 12/01/13 12:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

OP - I am with you.  I graduated in 97, after 5 years (and summer school at times), and racked up massive loans, all defaulted long ago, and never make more than $8/hr.  Pretty miserable trying to raise 3 kids on nothing.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: djmasturbeat] * 1
    #19214131 - 12/01/13 06:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

way to get a degree with no market value

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19216588 - 12/02/13 10:24 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

No I don't

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: maddad]
    #19216848 - 12/02/13 11:41 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

maddad said:
So I have been skimming thru this thread, not reading every post... But does no one see that the government is doing this on purpose? Why do you think they shell out all that money for kids to go to school? So they can be successful and live the American dream? Thats bullshit, if everyone was to go to college and get a job they love. We wouldn't have people to do half of the jobs to keep our society running. They give out all that money so that we are in debt to them for the rest of our lives. One reason I never went to college, I saw that a mile away. Everone you meet just after college almost always has a shit job, because they have no real experience, and that's what it takes to get a high paying job.

They say it takes money to make money, and all the interest you are paying on those loans in a prime example of that.

It's a terrible and I'm sorry that a lot of you on here have been taken advantage of. If I was in that position I would definitely get out of America, way off the grid somewhere.

Just remember that some one has to shovel the shit and dig graves. Sometimes its better to be the simple man rather than the one reaching for the stars.

Or you could have taken a small amount of money from the government, used it responsibly, paid it off, and then bragged about how you got one over on the government.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19216866 - 12/02/13 11:44 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:lolsy:

^honesty,
with the gubbamint we have?
thats novel, and moronic at the same time.
guranteed recipe for life failure.

just stiff the usury bastards like anyone sensible with moxy.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19217264 - 12/02/13 01:21 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody who doesn't repay the money they borrow is a scumbag.  Usury?  The interest rate is in single digits.  Get a dictionary.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19217427 - 12/02/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

when ya get out of HS zap,
tell the adults all about student loans.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19217453 - 12/02/13 02:07 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm 57 years old.  How many people did you beat for the money they lent you?  Will nanybody lend you money anymore?

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19217826 - 12/02/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

No I don't

Thats impossible.  A road is a social service

OfflineHappyHooligan
Tree hugger

#19217852 - 12/02/13 03:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a freshman in college and I already have a 5,000 loan. I plan on letting that to be my one and only loan.

--------------------
Do you trust the government?

You may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.
:takingnotes::takingnotes::takingnotes:    :stoned2:    :facepalm3:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: HappyHooligan]
    #19217874 - 12/02/13 03:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

How are you going to pay for your schooling/life expenses?

Not being antagonistic, I am genuinely interested. I will be in university next year and am wondering how I'll manage my life expenses.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: PDU] * 1
    #19217899 - 12/02/13 03:53 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

its possible to work and go to school at the same time. Just pay as you go with cash.

--------------------

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #19217911 - 12/02/13 03:56 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Student loans are scary, man. My current student debt is about 4000$, which is already too hefty for me. I hope you find a way to fix this, my friend.

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

OfflineHappyHooligan
Tree hugger

#19217931 - 12/02/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Not to state the obvious, but get a job while your in college. SAVE SAVE SAVE. It's all about getting your priorities in order. College has made me kinda cheap... I almost never splurge because I have more important things I need my money for but eh, do what you gotta do.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19217982 - 12/02/13 04:14 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I'm 57 years old.  How many people did you beat for the money they lent you?  Will nanybody lend you money anymore?

never needed any really, scroll back,
and youll see why i needed a loan in the the first place.

your saying you dont beat the bank for sport?
quaint.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218011 - 12/02/13 04:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:

No I don't

Thats impossible.  A road is a social service

A road is not a social service.  These are social services

1.  Social security
2.  Medicare
3.  Medicaid
4.  Welfare
5.  Food stamps
6.  Housing assistance
7.  Homeless shelters
8.  Child services
9.  Extended unemployment

I'm sure there are more.  Roads and bridges and the army are not.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218026 - 12/02/13 04:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

never needed any really, scroll back,
and youll see why i needed a loan in the the first place.

your saying you dont beat the bank for sport?
quaint.

Of course not.  That's what scumbags do.  Do you really think that you're beating the bankers by being a deadbeat bum?  You aren't.  You are fucking depositors who get less interest and fucking legit borrowers who have to pay higher rates because of deadbeat scum.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218065 - 12/02/13 04:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

your part of a circle of dogs eating each others tails,
all the while snarling over whose tail is tastier, or who hurts more.

allow me to translate,
"get yours, step outside the  dog ring."
anything else is insane.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 04:34 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218101 - 12/02/13 04:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:

get yours, step outside the ring.
anything else is insane.

Unlike you I was not born inside the ring.  If you borrow money and don't pay it back you are by definition a scumbag.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218192 - 12/02/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

if your in the in the loop, get a collar and ketchup.
if your outside the loop, who are you judging and what,
and ,by what standard?

you amuse me zap.
on one level ya seem like your smart enough ,
but, it seems like your still pretending to believe.

sorry , new age new rules.
all notions of finance, and who pays/ who doesnt,
assumes the present clown car wont crash for cash.
it will, its written into the circus.
anyone sane with a capitalist spirit,
is hedging margins, over time.
your definitions of the details amount to your paradigm, not mine.

its pure business.
your opinion means little ,
treasure means lots.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 04:58 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218225 - 12/02/13 05:01 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
if your in the in the loop, get a collar and ketchup.
if your outside the loop, who are you judging and what,
and ,by what standard?

you amuse me zap.
on one level ya seem like your smart enough ,
but, it seems like your still pretending to believe.

sorry , new age new rules.
all notions of finance, and who pays/ who doesnt,
assumes the present clown car wont crash for cash.
it will, its written into the circus.
anyone with a capitalist spirit, is hedging margins, over time.

pure business.
your opinion means little ,
treasure means lots.

Pulitzer worthy gibberish.  I'll send you my address.  Send me what you're taking.

The clown car will crash when there becomes a critical mass of deadbeat bums who don't pay the money they took back.  Or we can go to the bentnose solution.  I've always been intrigued that nobody defaults on the bentnose guys.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218272 - 12/02/13 05:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

lol.
you should read some of the forums here.
anyone who has some luck and a few bucks,
can really have some good times......

youd really have to consult approved sponsors,
as im always non commercial.

bums, cause clown cars to wreck?.
novel.
how ayn rand.

i see excatly where your at.
" fuck everyone as long as " you " dont get the bill."
your care, is no more than propping the system you got suckered into.

so now, your moralizng with hypocrisy, defending a system about to collapse , with an outdated paradigm, on a lawless financial playing field.

wow.
your one of those commies that pretends to be a captialist. and then pulls hazy morality to justify it.
wow.

for a minit, i thought ya were just razzing me.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 05:13 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218402 - 12/02/13 05:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
lol.
you should read some of the forums here.
anyone who has some luck and a few bucks,
can really have some good times......

youd really have to consult approved sponsors,
as im always non commercial.

bums, cause clown cars to wreck?.
novel.
how ayn rand.

i see excatly where your at.
" fuck everyone as long as " you " dont get the bill."
your care, is no more than propping the system you got suckered into.

so now, your moralizng with hypocrisy, defending a system about to collapse , with an outdated paradigm, on a lawless financial playing field.

wow.
your one of those commies that pretends to be a captialist. and then pulls hazy morality to justify it.
wow.

for a minit, i thought ya were just razzing me.

More poetry.  I'm sorry that your parents shit the bed and pissed away all your grandparents' money.  Was it drugs?

Any collapse will be due to the bums who don't repay the money they borrow.  This is why I support bentnose justice.  Do you know what that is, princess?

The only morality I advocate is being responsible for yourself and accepting the consequences of your actions.  You do know what the word "responsibility" means, right, princess?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #19218441 - 12/02/13 05:49 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Anybody who doesn't repay the money they borrow is a scumbag.

I'd rather be a scumbag than be a lone martyr for the cause of student loan repayment.  You can keep your high minded ideals, I'm going to live as pragmatically as I can.  That means taking as much as I can and giving back as little as I can.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218467 - 12/02/13 05:55 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

"^taking as much as I can and giving back as little as I can.^"

i try and be a little more sanguine, and robin hood-ette about it.
i always loot an extra 15% for charity and tips.
i also try and keep it with in the geneva conventions , and most maritime treaties,
but ya. beyond the basics,
get yours now.

fundamentally, 2 types of cars in the race.
those ahead, and those flaming in the rear view mirror.
try not to injure the spectators.

good luck.

oh,
and remember zap, its my responsibility, as princess ,
to  over bill you double for nothing ,
plus tax and tip and service fees with interest.
if you feel morally responsible to pay it......
please by all means.
^
thats the point.
be the last one standing, not the first wind sock moralist kneeling.

fact is zap,
you either got your education subsidized...(lol STFU.)
or,
had the scam loans and paid it ( commendable but financially moronic)
or,
paid cash out of your personal treasury ( like i did, wheres the beef?)
or, ya have no education at all, meaning , whats your opinion matter on usurious student loan sharkery?

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 06:09 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218486 - 12/02/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Anybody who doesn't repay the money they borrow is a scumbag.

I'd rather be a scumbag than be a lone martyr for the cause of student loan repayment.  You can keep your high minded ideals, I'm going to live as pragmatically as I can.  That means taking as much as I can and giving back as little as I can.

I prefer bentnose debt collection protocols.  Is that high minded?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#19218511 - 12/02/13 06:03 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Of course.  You appeal to your ideals rather than pragmatism and care more about what is "right" than what actually is.  All a bentnose would net the govt. is the loss of a citizen and no repayment of the debt.  That is not pragmatic, that is appealing to ideals of "justice" and what is "right".

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19218544 - 12/02/13 06:10 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Net the govt?  I don't give a shit about the govt.  And you don't quite understand bentnose.  They rarely kill but when they do it sets a wonderful example.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#19218569 - 12/02/13 06:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Net the govt?  I don't give a shit about the govt.  And you don't quite understand bentnose.  They rarely kill but when they do it sets a wonderful example.

I understand.  I have no money, cant pay my debt and have the threat of violence hanging over me.  You think beating me up is good because that is "justice" according to your high minded ideals.  Its pragmatically not going to work though, because when injured I have less money, less ability to make money and will start to think about escaping to latin america rather than paying off my bill.  If you actually want the debt payed the last thing you need to be doing is physically injuring me.  The only purpose that serves is the purpose of "justice", which costs you even more money in the end.

You can't squeeze any water out of a dry sponge, no matter how hard you try.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218575 - 12/02/13 06:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

zap just wants some reassurance the clown car he bet the farm on shows good at the dog track.
he might as well be cursing at the dog jockeys with a day old beard , and a cigar, hand full of tickets.

zap. im older too.
i wanted to believe.
im way past it.
im kinda feeling bad for ya.
but
how bout this zap,
im betting on new age ayn rand  anarchy,
or, money gone wild, the great treasure grab.
a true black friday /economy.
naturally , there will be some casualties,
and some humorless prunes will scowl alot.
but, we mean well.

most of the ones that go down,
will be greedy inefficient bastards anyway.
who needs a bunch of financial parasites,
mooching off students around colleges?

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 06:25 PM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#19218593 - 12/02/13 06:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I think I understand his point of view...

If he worked hard and saved he doesnt get a bail out.  I borrowed for school and can't pay it back, I get a bail out.  It sucks when you do the "right thing" and then get shafted by having to bail out those who didn't do the "right thing".  It sucks, but that is the way our society works.  You harm only yourself by trying to do the "right thing".

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19218611 - 12/02/13 06:26 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ts an IQ test, and it literally pays.
can i get an amen?

karma is absolutely always personal.
its never ever ever corporate.
thats the fucking beauty.

dont buy into the hype otheriwise.
most of that is student loaner propaganda.

the biggest is " pay up or well ruin your credit"
if peeps blow off your usurious loans, you have plenty of cash.
who needs credit when ya have cash.
everyone will deal with  you if have cash.
ive seen peeps buy some shocking things with high cash flow,
and crazy crazy credit.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/02/13 06:38 PM)

OfflineGorlax
Male

#19222818 - 12/03/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Solution to your debt problem is in this post my friend!

Move to Northern California, Colorado, or Washington. Rent a large space with the perfect lot for growing marijuana..
If your not sure how to grow bud, get a book on it.. It's fucking simple..Purchase HIGH QUALITY!! Seeds and or clones! I recommend DNA Genetics or Greenhouse seeds. Plant your crop.
Take as many clones as you possibly can..
plant a field.. Grow massive plants. Harvest, process, and sell...

That is your only option with 350K of debt at this point!! and fuck it, it's legal!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HOLLYWOOD!!

you could easily produce hundreds of lbs with the proper amount of space/genetics/and care...

exporting to other states would increase the value of the product..

OfflineHappyHooligan
Tree hugger

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Gorlax]
    #19222829 - 12/03/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gorlax said:
Solution to your debt problem is in this post my friend!

Move to Northern California, Colorado, or Washington. Rent a large space with the perfect lot for growing marijuana..
If your not sure how to grow bud, get a book on it.. It's fucking simple..Purchase HIGH QUALITY!! Seeds and or clones! I recommend DNA Genetics or Greenhouse seeds. Plant your crop.
Take as many clones as you possibly can..
plant a field.. Grow massive plants. Harvest, process, and sell...

That is your only option with 350K of debt at this point!! and fuck it, it's legal!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HOLLYWOOD!!

you could easily produce hundreds of lbs with the proper amount of space/genetics/and care...

exporting to other states would increase the value of the product..

:noargument:

--------------------

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

#19225664 - 12/04/13 08:12 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

anne halonium said:

get yours, step outside the ring.
anything else is insane.

Unlike you I was not born inside the ring.  If you borrow money and don't pay it back you are by definition a scumbag.

Is that a dictionary definition?

I would think scumbag literally refers to the bag on a vacuum cleaner, the strainer in a dishwasher trap (applying definition loosely). But what you're saying is that if someone takes money and then finds themselves unable to pay it back then they are a greasetrap, or spuge strainer, regardless of their occupation. Is that what you're saying?

--------------------
...or something

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19227891 - 12/04/13 05:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Actually I always thought it referred to a used rubber.

I have very little patience for people who get something and don't meet their contracted obligations.  Contracts are the foundation of commerce and civilization.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19227927 - 12/04/13 05:51 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Contracts are the foundation of commerce and civilization.

how bout this zap PM me,
well talk about some diamond mine contracts in the congo.
or maybe a lumber contract in the phillipine jungles,
or an arms contract on the kenyan border,
or maybe a fuel contract in a peruvian jungle.

fact is zap, contracts have nothing to do with civilization.
dont make your 401K, into a cornerstone of basic TRADE.

contracts, made with oligarch filth,
who made it all looting, with contracts,
amounts to odious debt.

historical obligation, is to imprison them.
their contracts worthless.

guess the system imploded on ya.
oops , you should bet better in the next life.

contracts are as bankable as the funny money.

whats the scoop zap?
your detroit city pension invested in student loans or something?

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/04/13 06:03 PM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#19228070 - 12/04/13 06:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes zappa is pretty negative, but I am with him here.

anne holonium is trollin' and contributing nothing of value to this conversation.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: PDU]
    #19228168 - 12/04/13 06:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

nor, am i contributing to odious debt.
thats the point.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19232912 - 12/05/13 05:27 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I can assure that at no point will I ever on any assurances from anyone enter into any commercial agreement of any kind or form with you or anybody who remotely smells like you

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19233152 - 12/05/13 06:21 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

geeze,
your still on this.

your still making rules for a dog race thats over zap.
your economy collapsed.

this is only a transition period.
no one is gonna allow the types of contracts you espouse in the future.
thats what collapased the economy in the first place.

relax, your grow skills will see ya thru,
when the student loan bubble , topples your 401k.

--------------------

OfflineHappyHooligan
Tree hugger

#19233328 - 12/05/13 06:52 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Take out several loans to pay for your college debt.

Then take out more loans to pay for the loans you originally took out.

Continue doing this until you die, & you'll never have to pay out of your own pocket, and you'll pay off all your debts... expect the very last loan you take out, but as I said, by that time you'll be dead so it wont matter.

You're welcome!!  :frenchtroll:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: anne halonium] * 1
    #19237000 - 12/06/13 03:03 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
geeze,
your still on this.

your still making rules for a dog race thats over zap.
your economy collapsed.

What economy collapsed?:flowstone:
Quote:

this is only a transition period.
no one is gonna allow the types of contracts you espouse in the future.

Well then you will be well and truly fucked, won't you
Quote:

thats what collapased the economy in the first place.

It didn't collapse.  Greece's economy collapsed.
Quote:

relax, your grow skills will see ya thru,
when the student loan bubble , topples your 401k.

When the student loan bubble bursts there will be hundreds of thousands of employees in academia who get fucked.  I don't work in academia.  I don't have a 401K, either.

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19237017 - 12/06/13 03:06 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

only so much ya can say......
i guess he figures hes eatin, so must be all good.
proof positive, feudalism works for some serfs.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: anne halonium] * 1
    #19237048 - 12/06/13 03:17 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

good think we don't live in a feudalist society

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: psyconaught] * 1
    #19237121 - 12/06/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

good thing peeps dont realize its fuedalistic,
or the bourgeois would revolt.

serfs never get it.

bottom line is this.they can cook up any kinda scheme they want, for any excuse they want, for any fantasy kingdom they want , and call it whatever they want.

now get it to pay out.

of course the dam is fine.
till peeps start pulling out thumbs.
only a fool , would be down river on this one.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/06/13 03:35 PM)

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#19237125 - 12/06/13 03:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

anne halonium said:
good thing peeps dont realize its fuedalistic,
or the bourgeois would revolt.

serfs never get it.

bottom line is this.they can cook up any kinda scheme they want, for any excuse they want, for any fantasy kingdom they want , and call it whatever they want.

now get it to pay out.

of course the damn is fine.
till peeps start pulling out thumbs.
only a fool , would be down river on this one.

:lolwut:

--------------------

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #19318479 - 12/23/13 09:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:

then i got over it

it's really usury
the end

I'm sure this was mentioned in 8 pages but the Obama administration signed into law the Income Based Repayment Plan.

Long story short, you sign up by filling out a couple forms of paper. If you make less than $20,000 (for a family of 1) then you pay $0 each month. It is based on your tax return for the year. Maximum you will pay is 10% of your income, and no matter what your debt is cleared after 25 years of being on the IBR plan.

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Confucian]
    #19319993 - 12/24/13 07:51 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

that sounds good.
but its like endorsing usury thru participation.

and besides, i dont trust the gubbamint at all, ever.period.

next president ,
could sign a law saying everyone down on payments,
gets sent to FEMA camps to work as slave labor making obama care bandaids.

anyone not brain dead last 35 yrs,
would have to notice the system is absolute corrupt.

not one coin for filth.

--------------------

Edited by anne halonium (12/24/13 07:53 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#19320022 - 12/24/13 08:03 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I really don't think any human can be trusted. :satansmoking:

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#19321848 - 12/24/13 03:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Thats why i voted for a golden retriever last election

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19321881 - 12/24/13 03:48 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i usually support paris hilton, cuz shes hot.
and has a vison i can appreciate.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#19323719 - 12/24/13 11:15 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

All she would have to promise is a 2 minute flash of her tits and shed get my vote. That would do more for our country than all the accomplishments obama and bush combined

--------------------

Invisibleanne halonium
jaguarette
Female

#19324842 - 12/25/13 08:44 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:
All she would have to promise is a 2 minute flash of her tits and shed get my vote. That would do more for our country than all the accomplishments obama and bush combined

im also confident paris is clueless about student loans,
and didnt need any.

we should all be like that.
thats representation!

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19329844 - 12/26/13 05:48 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:

If you haven't seen her tits or her with a cock in her mouth you aren't trying

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates