Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19060689 - 10/30/13 10:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Because now that dad's dead I'm not drinking myself into a coma every Friday and Saturday night. I have a 3.5 from last semester, which was my psychosis/depression stage. Now, back to normal for the first time since about 2nd-8th grade I'm back to being a studious person. I have a 4.0 going right now for this semester along with a scholarship of $5,000 practically guaranteed (from the assembly of our church my dad was a pastor for roughly 30 years) and another $5,000-$10,000 for losing a parent.

I know, after a 2.07 it's kind of hard to see that I could be a good student. Great. You're just like the scholarship people only handing them out to the 4.0 students who were probably forced to do all of this shit through high school.

My ACT was a 25. That counts for something.

I don't know what ACT scores mean.  I do know that it is information you failed to include in your initial post, as is almost everything else in this post.

While I realize it is vital information to see, I also stated I had family problems. I had, since 2003, a father who was dying of cancer. He got better, my grades did too. In 6th grade I was passing tests at 10th grade levels. Then I moved about 100 miles to Colorado Springs before freshman year. I became depressed because I couldn't make friends; I was just different (I've since changed those differences). Then my dad got sick again in my high school years. 2.0 gpa for the rest of high school, til senior year when I moved in with my cousins. Then I got a 3.7 without trying it felt. I didn't have nights where we were rushing to the hospital, had friends, played sports year round, had a girlfriend etc.

I don't "like" so much to write this story but I feel it helps in certain situations. I haven't told anybody but maybe 5 friends of all that's happened, and this was about half.

This is why I whole-hardheartedly, undoubtedly know that I can become a great psychologist. I'm not just someone trying to get a degree. I have a specific goal in psychology.

As for ACT's/SAT's, they are the American college entrance exams so to speak. Tell college's where you're at. ACT's come in out of 36 I believe, and only >~5% score above 30. I scored in the <~75% percentile. Not exactly GREAT, but like I said, must count for something.

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: thelanzii]
    #19063812 - 10/31/13 02:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
your uneducated.  act like your minimum wage job contributes much.  local state national, taxes are taxes and I pay em. 
You could not even grasp the concept of taxes being able to pay for college education or else you would have countered the statement.
enjoy being poor your whole life while I already have knowledge on how to run a personal business and soon to have a 4 year on how to manage an organization.

We pay six figures in taxes every year.  It is my taxes paying for your education, not yours, which are no doubt piss.  I have run a business for almost 30 years.  You went to school.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Atrium]
    #19063826 - 10/31/13 02:48 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I know what ACTs are.  I just didn't know what the score means.  Good for you, then.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19066714 - 10/31/13 10:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
your uneducated.  act like your minimum wage job contributes much.  local state national, taxes are taxes and I pay em. 
You could not even grasp the concept of taxes being able to pay for college education or else you would have countered the statement.
enjoy being poor your whole life while I already have knowledge on how to run a personal business and soon to have a 4 year on how to manage an organization.

We pay six figures in taxes every year.  It is my taxes paying for your education, not yours, which are no doubt piss.  I have run a business for almost 30 years.  You went to school.

want a cookie?
i dont even get what your arguing
my point about higher education is valid
you gotta few years on me... great
you were a liability for the first part of your life as well

Edited by thelanzii (11/01/13 01:23 PM)

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#19067073 - 10/31/13 11:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

Don't worry when you get a little older youll get it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #19069878 - 11/01/13 01:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The funny thing about all these taxes "I pay for your education" shit is that we literally all do. Who in the hell didn't go to elementary school or high school here? Because those are the only kids who we didn't pay for their education. Even then, bet those sons of bitches probably had parents on welfare or foodstamps.

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19070540 - 11/01/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

want a cookie?
my point about higher education is valid
you gotta few years on me... great
you were a liability for the first part of your life as well

To my parents I was.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19070548 - 11/01/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
The funny thing about all these taxes "I pay for your education" shit is that we literally all do. Who in the hell didn't go to elementary school or high school here? Because those are the only kids who we didn't pay for their education. Even then, bet those sons of bitches probably had parents on welfare or foodstamps.

The sad thing is that "we all pay" is fucking nonsense.  Most people don't pay for shit in taxes.  They are carried by a very small segment of the population.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19070647 - 11/01/13 04:06 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Don't bullshit me mother fucker :wink: sales tax helps fund k-12 and is on almost everything. Ergo, anyone who buys stuff in your state somehow paid for your education.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19071547 - 11/01/13 06:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:What percent of sales taxes do you suppose goes to education?  If you think the sales taxes you pay amount to shit then you are pretty delusional.  Most schools are paid for by, wait for it, SCHOOL taxes.

--------------------

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: eve69]
    #19072287 - 11/01/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

First of all don't ever think about killing yourself over this again... you can get out of this more easily than you think. I defaulted on $70K in loans and I got back in the game in about 3 years.

First, if you defaulted on the loans, and it's been twenty years, they should be off your credit report, yea?

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19072472 - 11/01/13 09:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
:facepalm:What percent of sales taxes do you suppose goes to education?  If you think the sales taxes you pay amount to shit then you are pretty delusional.  Most schools are paid for by, wait for it, SCHOOL taxes.

75% approximately, of Michigans sales tax goes towards public education in the grade school area.

Anyways I'm fuckin with yah cus I know you'd be pissed about this. I know sales tax isn't shit according to rich people. Isn't it crazy how rich people who complain about taxes still have enough money to live extravegantly through a recession? Why the hell do they need double their fucking money then if they can still afford to live so greatly when they're taxed to hell?

--------------------

Edited by Atrium (11/01/13 10:00 PM)

Invisiblethelanzii

#19072487 - 11/01/13 10:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

75% approximately, of Michigans sales tax goes towards public education in the grade school area.

Anyways I'm fuckin with yah cus I know you'd be pissed about this. I know sales tax isn't shit according to rich people. Isn't it crazy how rich people who complain about taxes still have enough money to live extravegantly through a recession? Why the hell do they need double their fucking money then if they can still afford to live so greatly when they're taxed to hell?

money is addictive

OfflineThecrimson
Stranger
    #19074053 - 11/02/13 08:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Yer kind of a dick and pretty immature for someone so apparently seasoned.

People like you are proof that age does not equal wisdom or maturity, just arrogance.

Edited by Thecrimson (11/02/13 08:29 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19074943 - 11/02/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Why should you get one nickel of what I earned?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: Thecrimson]
    #19074949 - 11/02/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thecrimson said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Yer kind of a dick and pretty immature for someone so apparently seasoned.

People like you are proof that age does not equal wisdom or maturity, just arrogance.

Immature dick or not, I am correct.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#19075972 - 11/02/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Society's a pot, we all put in to make it better.

That being said, you've probably never needed food stamps so you don't understand.

It's ok but money is just paper, remember that.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

#19077363 - 11/02/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

because you use social services just as everyone else does

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: eve69]
    #19181553 - 11/24/13 06:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
i went to college to get away from the street

i took as much student loans as i could get
because to drop out of college was to return to the street culture of the hollywood punk of which my youth was spent

but the only thing i liked at that college was literature

upon graduation i only could go to law school
i went for a year, not my thing

i became a waiter and then bartender cook and chef
in all my time i never made more that 16,000 dollars in a year

my student loans defaulted
in 20 years since school and my original loans of 50,000 dollars they have accumulated until nearly a half a million

at one point in my life i tried to kill myself over it and the fact that i was ever further from any sort of viable career or lifestyle

then i got over it

but everyday i get farther away from any possibility of paying them off

it's really usury
the end

you know those loans have a time limit right??? At least the student loans I am getting the creditor only has 20 years to collect the debt before the debt gets wiped clean... or if a person worked for non-profit or for like a school the credit only has 10 years to collect the debt. Thats why I am going to get on the income based repayment plan and let my loans fall off when the time is up.

:feelsgoodman:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: i owe 350,000 dollars on default student loans [Re: blackdust]
    #19190648 - 11/26/13 07:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think there's a time limit.  Not to mention I had to consolidate them in 93 to get out of default so I could free up my transcripts to go to local community college. So were there a limit to their legal ability to collect at 20 years that would be ten years further down the line. 

There's no way out of federal student loans - ever.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom