Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedemleade
Stranger
mutations
    #18745690 - 08/23/13 05:10 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Good day ,

I ordered chocolate oyster mushrooms from spore101 and shipped to Saudi Arabia

This is my first attempt to growing mushrooms.
I made substrate of flax seed and rice, sterilized it at 121 degrees Celsius in an laboratory autoclave at 3 bar. ( the autoclave is brand new, Cooled and then inoculated with syringe in a glass clean box with flame, iso propanol, gloves etc.

3 weeks and substrate fully colonized, completely white, cake was dunked for 8 hours in mineral water. then put in a fruiting chamber with Agro lite.

Fruiting chamber is 25 degrees Celsius and 98 % humidity,  The mushroom stems , some of them at the end look to be forming a cap other within the cap their is another mushroom or something  else sprouting out and others the cap has like 8 or so little sprouts coming from it this looks strange.

Is this normal , All the pictures and videos and tutorials i watched and read so a normal mushroom form growing

Is it supposed to look like this, what did i do incorrectly ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Your mom's vag
Re: mutations [Re: demleade]
    #18745921 - 08/23/13 07:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you did everything right.

The simple answer: sometimes mushrooms do strange things.

--------------------
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.....                     

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

:havesomescience:

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: mutations [Re: maddchef]
    #18745968 - 08/23/13 07:45 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

you should have posted it in the gourmet forum... else you get reply´s that you did everything right, wich were true if you were growing cubes...

they are formed that way because of lack of fresh air, oysters need a lot more oxygen than cubes. , better to not put them in a fruiting chamber at all than in one without massive FAE.

next to that, i think i read somehwere on this forum that flax contains a lot of natural fungicides, so mushroom mycelium doesn´t grow well on it, but apparently yours did.

good luck next time!

--------------------
My Trade List

Offlinedemleade
Stranger
Re: mutations [Re: forrest]
    #18746009 - 08/23/13 07:59 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Super thank you so much , that makes things a lot clearer.

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: mutations [Re: demleade]
    #18746147 - 08/23/13 08:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

sorry, i misread, i thought you used flax straw, not seed. maybe (probably) the seeds don;t contain the fungicides, just the flax straw.

but did you make your substrate only from flax seed and rice (as in the ones you would eat)?

because that is also more like a technike for cubes, growing straight from grains. with oysters you want to have a larger substrate (meaning more water), but from carbon source like wheat straw.
you can spawn the flax straw/rice to pasteurised wheat straw and get way more mushrooms than when growing straight from grains/seeds.

--------------------
My Trade List

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mutations [Re: forrest]
    #18746389 - 08/23/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

forrest said:
you should have posted it in the gourmet forum... else you get reply´s that you did everything right, wich were true if you were growing cubes...

they are formed that way because of lack of fresh air, oysters need a lot more oxygen than cubes. , better to not put them in a fruiting chamber at all than in one without massive FAE.

next to that, i think i read somehwere on this forum that flax contains a lot of natural fungicides, so mushroom mycelium doesn´t grow well on it, but apparently yours did.

good luck next time!

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag