Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: DCart]
    #18743687 - 08/22/13 06:19 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DCart said:
Can the muscaria be dried in a dehydrator? Or does it have to be the oven?

They can be dried normally, but then you'd need to raise the temp to 190 approximately to decarboxylate the ibotenic acid into muscimol. Or by cooking them with eggs like I do that would achieve the same result. Or making tea. But the ancient way of doing it was by fire flame, and I'd be darned if hickory toasted Amanita weren't the best tasting thing ever.

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: Hashfinger]
    #18743745 - 08/22/13 06:33 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Eh, 190?  I thought I'd read 110 was sufficient.  Mine may be a bit underdone.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: fry day]
    #18743781 - 08/22/13 06:42 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fry day said:
Eh, 190?  I thought I'd read 110 was sufficient.  Mine may be a bit underdone.

Nope. 190. I have also read that just heat isn't sufficient. They may need UV light or the heat of open flame to fully convert, although I smell a lot of bullshit there. Maybe not though... Could explain why so many people have harsh experiences if they're not converting enough ibotenic acid into muscimol.

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
    #18743990 - 08/22/13 07:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DCart said:
I saw it as I was driving down the road. Even from 100ft away, I knew I needed to turn around. I pulled into the closest street and walked about 1/4 mile to where I saw it. Mind you, this was a very busy street. There was no way to be discreet. My dumb ass forgot to grab a paper bag out of my back pack before I went to go get it. So yeah, the people driving by saw a guy in his late twenties running down the street, cheesin', holding a big ol mushroom.

:smilingpuppy:

I do this too.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: fry day]
    #18744002 - 08/22/13 07:24 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

*Makes a nice cuppa tea*

Yeh, the uv/open flame thing sounds a bit overboard, though I do like my crispies.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
    #18744028 - 08/22/13 07:35 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DCart said:
Also, a cool bolete!

Boletus frostii

I don't know what the bread pudding booger is though.

Edited by BittrBuffalo (08/22/13 08:05 PM)

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #18744485 - 08/22/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

my old acid hookup said he ate some A. muscaria and freaked out. He said he felt like he was being burned alive, and he told his mom (this was in highschool) and his mom said (and I'll never forget)

"Don't pack your bags if you can't take the trip, pussy!"

This would be my advice for you at this point. lol.

--------------------

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: Wimy]
    #18744499 - 08/22/13 09:24 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like Butters' grandma.

Poison is in the dosage.  ;-)

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: Wimy]
    #18744521 - 08/22/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wimy said:
my old acid hookup said he ate some A. muscaria and freaked out. He said he felt like he was being burned alive, and he told his mom (this was in highschool) and his mom said (and I'll never forget)

"Don't pack your bags if you can't take the trip, pussy!"

This would be my advice for you at this point. lol.

Lemme guess. This was NOT during the dead of winter? That is a great quote, and sounds like a great mom to have. Lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies