Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

Amanita muscaria persicina?
    #18742825 - 08/22/13 02:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Found on the side of the road, pic while in ground included.

Stem: thick! About an inch - 1.25" thick

Gills- white

Cap- peach/yellow/orange covered in white warts.

This thing is pretty big.

IF I am right about what this is, please include ways to prepare this shroom.

--------------------

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: DCart]
    #18743000 - 08/22/13 03:36 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:awesome: Slice the stem in half, put the cap gills up on a cookie cooling rack, or other mesh thing. Bake in the oven at 190 Fahrenheit. Once cracker dry, seal it up in a jar or something. Crush a little bit and add to eggs, a tea, or just eat it straight. You will feel a warming surge of energy at low doses, and things get very active at higher levels. There is something called reverse tolerance that applies to this substance, which means the more you add to your system, the less you will need further on. It lingers a bit, and its best to eat a little every day, then if you want to experience a higher level experience, you don't need to eat a lot and shock your body. Because of the warming energy, I find them best eaten during winter on a blustery day when you've got a lot of work to do. Eating them in warm weather sucks ass. Period. That's my 2 cents.

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: Hashfinger]
    #18743051 - 08/22/13 03:49 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Hashy! I was pretty stoked to find this.

I saw it as I was driving down the road. Even from 100ft away, I knew I needed to turn around. I pulled into the closest street and walked about 1/4 mile to where I saw it. Mind you, this was a very busy street. There was no way to be discreet. My dumb ass forgot to grab a paper bag out of my back pack before I went to go get it. So yeah, the people driving by saw a guy in his late twenties running down the street, cheesin', holding a big ol mushroom.

Funny part is that a cop saw me and turned in to follow me. Once I got in my truck, he turned around and drove off. I thought that I was about to have to ramble off a lot of Latin names to keep him from slamming my face on the hood of his car. Luckily, he probably had better things to do.

--------------------

Edited by DCart (08/22/13 03:50 PM)

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18743060 - 08/22/13 03:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DCart said:
Thanks Hashy! I was pretty stoked to find this.

I saw it as I was driving down the road. Even from 100ft away, I knew I needed to turn around. I pulled into the closest street and walked about 1/4 mile to where I saw it. Mind you, this was a very busy street. There was no way to be discreet. My dumb ass forgot to grab a paper bag out of my back pack before I went to go get it. So yeah, the people driving by saw a guy in his late twenties running down the street, cheesin', holding a big ol mushroom.

Funny part is that a cop saw me and turned in to follow me. Once I got in my truck, he turned around and drove off. I thought that I was about to have to ramble off a lot of Latin names to keep him from slamming my face on the hood of his car. Luckily, he probably had better things to do.

Aaaaaand. They're 100% legal. And toxic. Lol. :dawerp:

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #18743075 - 08/22/13 03:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty thing and nice pics!

Hash - would this same recipe apply to the red muscaria?  Alan was speaking of a whole med cap cooked up as a tasty LITTLE treat, but that's a lot more than a pinch of dry...???

Every account I've read of muscaria in larger amounts doesn't sound like much fun.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18743077 - 08/22/13 03:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Don't be so eager to snag 'em either. When autumn really rolls around, you can just blindly walk through young-ish pine forests and slay them. It's actually kind of ridiculous how abundant they are. I have so many good stories about amanita hunts. Running into deer, the homeless, children wondering what the heck you're doing looking like Santa with a bag of reindeer food over your back. Lol. They're such a fun and spirited mushroom to hunt and eat. Its a very useful substance. Not like a fun drug, but its a real "pick me up" on super cold days where you don't have any energy or motivation.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: fry day]
    #18743100 - 08/22/13 04:01 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fry day said:
Pretty thing and nice pics!

Hash - would this same recipe apply to the red muscaria?  Alan was speaking of a whole med cap cooked up as a tasty LITTLE treat, but that's a lot more than a pinch of dry...???

Every account I've read of muscaria in larger amounts doesn't sound like much fun.

Yeah a pinch isn't much at all... but it is best to start extremely small and work your way up to get your body used to it. Sure you can go ahead and down like 5 grams for your first time, but you'll just sweat a lot and not really understand the use behind the effects. I would usually add about a solid tea/tablespoon (however Viking i'm feeling that day) to some eggs in the morning just as a pick me up and little boost of muscimol to the bloodstream. Also, in the evenings a little toasted cap compliments a beer or wine. They're fantastic to cook with too, so they can be added to almost any dish within reason. The thing is, once you get the muscimol built up in your body, its like auto-release when you need it. Its kind of weird. But also once this is built up, you can eat a few toasted caps (maybe 3-5 grams idk dosage with other species) and get to an interesting place. The thing about them is they're just very physioactive. You need to be in a place where you can go run around and bark at the moon. Lol. I love taking them on camping trips.

--------------------

OfflineShroomyShroomsMan
H4K3R
Male

#18743104 - 08/22/13 04:02 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

wow nice. You should go back and look for more. congrads

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: ShroomyShroomsMan]
    #18743205 - 08/22/13 04:24 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I have no prob finding the red amanitas, tho' I came across a flush a couple of years back that was immense, the whole top of a little cut away bank, and some of them were the size of dinner plates, haven't seen 'em there in any quantity since.  ;-(

It was so magic that I didn't even think to take pics, but I did cart some home and dry and vacpac 'em.  They're in the cupboard. 

One pic of a button that was blitzing me with its' aura.  LOL

Notice the girth on that bad boy.  I think it got dried whole and has its' own jar.

Haven't collected any since, but it's almost time in my 'hood.

It's a dreary day, and I've been putting off stuff I don't want to do all week.  Since I'm pissin' the day away anyway, I think I'll try an experiment.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

#18743221 - 08/22/13 04:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomyShroomsMan said:
wow nice. You should go back and look for more. congrads

Thanks! I probably will go back in two weeks. I didn't see any, but seeing how I was already on a busy ass street, I didn't  really take the time to closely examine the surrounding terrain.

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Don't be so eager to snag 'em either. When autumn really rolls around, you can just blindly walk through young-ish pine forests and slay them. It's actually kind of ridiculous how abundant they are. I have so many good stories about amanita hunts. Running into deer, the homeless, children wondering what the heck you're doing looking like Santa with a bag of reindeer food over your back. Lol. They're such a fun and spirited mushroom to hunt and eat. Its a very useful substance. Not like a fun drug, but its a real "pick me up" on super cold days where you don't have any energy or motivation.

I set goals for myself. First, chanterelles- found em. Weilii- found em, amanita jacksonii- found em, ganoderma- found, oysters-found, muscaria- found.

Next on the list will probably be gyms or p. atlantis. I wouldn't say that I was "eager", but that was all I have been able to think about for the past week. I don't know why. I had dreams about finding that mushroom, again I don't know why. I think it has something to do with a complulsiveness to conquer and collect. I'm sure it comes from some god complex, or what not, but I can check it off the list and move on. So I was glad to find it.

Also, a cool bolete!

And this!!

--------------------

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

#18743225 - 08/22/13 04:29 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fry day said:
I have no prob finding the red amanitas, tho' I came across a flush a couple of years back that was immense, the whole top of a little cut away bank, and some of them were the size of dinner plates, haven't seen 'em there in any quantity since.  ;-(

It was so magic that I didn't even think to take pics, but I did cart some home and dry and vacpac 'em.  They're in the cupboard. 

One pic of a button that was blitzing me with its' aura.  LOL

Notice the girth on that bad boy.  I think it got dried whole and has its' own jar.

Haven't collected any since, but it's almost time in my 'hood.

It's a dreary day, and I've been putting off stuff I don't want to do all week.  Since I'm pissin' the day away anyway, I think I'll try an experiment.

Holy shit! That thing is 3" across. That's  a prime specimen.

--------------------

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

#18743237 - 08/22/13 04:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yah, why you think I post the pic with the ruler?

:biggrin:

I was serious about bein' blitzed by the aura. [rummages in the cupboard...]

--------------------

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

#18743255 - 08/22/13 04:34 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Fry day, if you try em tomorrow, tell me how it goes.

I am going to take hashy's advice and wait until it cools off a bit.

--------------------

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
    #18743353 - 08/22/13 04:54 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

AW MAN I forgot all about the possible bleeding tooth fungus. I have some pics too.

Hey I missed the part where the TI confirmed your ID. I don't fuck with amanitas man.. that's all you.... lol.

--------------------

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

#18743379 - 08/22/13 05:01 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It's cool here.  Gonna nibble about 1/4 of this.  Now.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18743415 - 08/22/13 05:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Dcart I think that weird thing in your last photo is Amanita mold.

--------------------

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
    #18743456 - 08/22/13 05:21 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DCart said:

And this!!

Quote:

Hashfinger said:

compare to Hydnellum peckii.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria persicina? [Re: Wimy]
    #18743460 - 08/22/13 05:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wimy said:
Quote:

DCart said:

And this!!

Quote:

Hashfinger said:

compare to Hydnellum peckii.

:seriousthumbsup: nice ID! That's new to me. Looks really... gross.

--------------------

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

#18743606 - 08/22/13 06:01 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think Wimy got it.

I saw a bunch of those today... I didn't take pics, but I probably saw 200 amanatia flavoconia today, as well. That's where I was origionally searching for the muscaria, but I couldn't find any-at that spot,

--------------------

InvisibleDCart
Strangest
 User Gallery

#18743618 - 08/22/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Can the muscaria be dried in a dehydrator? Or does it have to be the oven?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies