Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chapter 26 Flag
Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- * 1
    #18738488 - 08/21/13 04:34 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Oxalic acid and calcium oxalate.

Oxalic acid crystals are formed by mycelia. Oxalic acid mineralizes rock (vermiculite) by combining with calcium and many other minerals to form oxalates, in this case calcium oxalate. Calcium oxalate sequesters two carbon dioxide molecules. Carbon rich mushroom mycelia unfold into complex food webs, crumbling rocks as they go.

Scanning electron micrograph of calcium oxalate crystals forming upon mycelium.

Truth: a substrate needs to be fully saturated with mycelia acids/enzymes/metabolites in order for colonization of mushroom mycelia

It's a good thing then mycelia do not stop producing them until senescence, but the truth is it takes time for the mycelia to produce these acids/enzymes/metabolites. Never in nature does mushroom mycelia get to just pack it's bags after colonizing a nice clean media, build up stores of "myco-pee" before getting thrown into new media that's twice it's volume (2:1 spawn ratio).

"Leap off time" is the time it takes mycelia to recover, define it's environment, start the acids/enzymes/metabolites production, then colonize the new media (substrate). There are tricks for reducing leap off time, but the fact remains, until the media is saturated with mycelia acids/enzymes/metabolites, colonization cannot begin.

Mycelium recovering to a clean media containing at least some of it's own acids/enzymes/metabolites actively converting lignin, cellulose, and other molecules held together by hydrogen-carbon bonds (this it's why 20% of substrate volume is reduced to CO2 gas) is the best scenario, and can only be produced by a cultivator use of the over produced myco-pee when the mycelium meets a physical barrier.

"Myco-pee" also contains antibiotics to stop microbial parasites. Mushrooms resist bacterial and fungal rot until they release spores, age, and die.

I propose that serious cultivators should harvest all excess myco-pee and use it as a ingredient for all media. A >10% by volume addition has very noticeable results, though I prefer to substitute the water in my agar recipe for 100% myco-pee with amazing results.

HARVESTING:
At first I simply drawn off the excess myco-pee that built up in fully colonized mono tubs. Now I have small holes with rubber plugs in the bottoms of the tubs. Just prop the tub on a angle and drain. I envision having drains with valves and lines running to a main collection vessel, but I'll leave that to the industrious few reading this. I drain all of my spawn jars before shaking and spawning to bulk, but not with G2G. You can draw off myco-pee from jars with a needle, the mycelia will produce more over time, this can be accelerated by the use of <5ml sterile LC solution, then repeated for a faux continuous batch bioreactor.

USES:

Agar:
10-100% water substitution for myco-pee.
Mix with malts and let sit for 12 hours before mixing agar and sterilizing. Use in slants, plates, vaccutainer tubes, ect.

LC:
10-40% water substitution for myco-pee.
Prepare in normal manner otherwise.
Lower levels used because glucose is easier to break down then plant lignin and cellulose. No adverse effects if >40% is used though.

Grains:
Soak grains for 4 hours, any longer can result in too much break down and loss of immediately viable nutrients when straining IMO. After loading jars them let sit for another 12hrs before sterilizing to maximise effects.

Bulk Substrate:
Prepare substrate in normal manner otherwise.

Spray Bottle:
10-15% water substitution for myco-pee.
Remember myco-pee contains antibacterial and antifungal (competing fungi) properties that are made specifically to protect the fungi species your cultivating!
Seriously, try it on that cobweb mold before spraying peroxide that causes trauma to the mycelium.

--------------------

AMU Q&A Thread because questions deserve answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: WillSolvem]
    #18738609 - 08/21/13 04:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

This seems like a potentially AWESOME idea to me! thank you for your innovative mind. The first one I may try is the mycelial piss in the spray bottle, just the normal one for misting.

Or just mixing with bulk substrate. Because who knows that spraying that stuff might do.. :shrug:

Now develop a better way to extract more of the myco-pee, maybe from spent substrate? just squeeze it out? :lol:

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: WillSolvem]
    #18738777 - 08/21/13 05:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rbalzer said:
Now develop a better way to extract more of the myco-pee, maybe from spent substrate? just squeeze it out? :lol:

Quote:

WillSolvem said:
You can draw off myco-pee from jars with a needle, the mycelia will produce more over time, this can be accelerated by the use of <5ml sterile LC solution, then repeated for faux continuous batch bioreactor.

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#18740008 - 08/21/13 09:53 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WillSolvem said:
Quote:

rbalzer said:

Quote:

WillSolvem said:
You can draw off myco-pee from jars with a needle, the mycelia will produce more over time, this can be accelerated by the use of <5ml sterile LC solution, then repeated for faux continuous batch bioreactor.

I know, I saw that part. I meant another one, because I mean, how much do you even yield off that method?

I'm thinking figure out what triggers it to form that stuff (i think its contams maybe) Learn more about what it actually is you're collecting.

And its function in normal fungal life.

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #18740915 - 08/22/13 04:51 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

>how much do you even yield off that method?

per jar ~75ml
per mono tub (30qts  of spawn/substrate) ~ 800-1200ml

>I'm thinking figure out what triggers it to form that stuff (i think its contams maybe) 

Mycelia "forms  that stuff" 24/7  no triggers needed.  you only start seeing myco-pee  after full colonization  when the mycelium meets a physical barrier.

Contams can trigger a  over-production,  but is not efficient,  nor a contam free method of harvest.

Higher environmental temps (85°f+) have an effect on myco-pee production.

Some isolated strains are better at myco-pee production than others and can be mutated further with the use of UV-C  light,  but that's a  whole other topic.

>Learn more about what it actually is you're collecting.And its function in normal fungal life.

how about you actually read a thread before responding:
Quote:

WillSolvem said:

Oxalic acid crystals are formed by mycelia. Oxalic acid mineralizes rock (vermiculite) by combining with calcium and many other minerals to form oxalates, in this case calcium oxalate. Calcium oxalate sequesters two carbon dioxide molecules. Carbon rich mushroom mycelia unfold into complex food webs, crumbling rocks as they go.

...containing at least some of it's own acids/enzymes/metabolites actively converting lignin, cellulose, and other molecules held together by hydrogen-carbon bonds (this it's why 20% of substrate volume is reduced to CO2 gas)...

"Myco-pee" also contains antibiotics to stop microbial parasites. Mushrooms resist bacterial and fungal rot until they release spores, age, and die.

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: WillSolvem] * 1
    #18740920 - 08/22/13 04:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Using the incorrect term "Myco-Pee", instead of "metabolites" makes this sound like a joke written by a noob, no offense bro.

It's a great write up, my only suggestion is fixing that.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Mycelium does not urinate, does not have a bladder, and there is no such thing as myc piss.  Why this horrible disinformation persists after we've known for over 50 years that these liquids are antibiotic and released in response to bacteria is beyond comprehension.
Next time you get sick, ask the doctor for a myc piss shot instead of antibiotics and see him look at you like you just bumped your head or fell off a turnip truck.
If your grains are infected, there will be metabolites.  If you've colonized at above normal room temperature, bacteria has been stimulated and thus the metabolites.
RR

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It's not even a waste product, and people who call it piss are ignorant.  The liquid is excreted to help break down the substrate, and in a different formulation is produced to fight contaminant molds and bacteria.  These are the products antibiotics are made of.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Mycelium does not urinate, not is it infused with bacteria.  Metabolites are anti-bacterial in fact.  Mix it with water and use it on your plants.  It's an excellent fertilizer.
RR

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: PussyFart]
    #18740986 - 08/22/13 05:53 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I found the uses for this thread interesting, especially the use in spawn substrate, as it could absolutely be a contamination deterrent and also a catalyst of quick colonization.

Very intriguing. Thank you for your brainstorm.

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #18741063 - 08/22/13 07:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

InvisiblePestile

Loc: Northern Europe
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #18741153 - 08/22/13 07:54 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:takingnotes:

IMO I've always like the term "myco piss". We all know it isn't "myco piss" anyway. Great write up, I'll definitely be keeping this in the back of my head from now on. Thanks!

edit: myco pee myco piss, tomato tamato.

--------------------

The Corbett Report
Open Source Intelligence News

Edited by Pestile (08/22/13 08:33 AM)

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Pestile]
    #18741674 - 08/22/13 10:31 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I  agree a  universally accepted name would be nice for this otherwise complex makeup. I am starting a  Petri dish line infused with myco-pee, I am  naming the products "Myco-P".  available to the public this November.  Will post links here and giveaway 100  in the market place!

--------------------

OfflineTrippy_Penguin
 User Gallery

#18741734 - 08/22/13 10:43 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

A doctor doesn't walk into the room and say "well your cock is infected". I know we're not doctors here, but this board has a certain level of professionalism where I think the proper term should be used :cool:

InvisiblePestile

Loc: Northern Europe
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Trippy_Penguin]
    #18741762 - 08/22/13 10:49 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I guess you're right on that one. I still like it, tho. Metabolites it is.

--------------------

The Corbett Report
Open Source Intelligence News

OfflineHabadashery
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Trippy_Penguin]
    #18741767 - 08/22/13 10:50 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yea lets be politically correct. Cause thats what the president wants! YEEHAAW. Party time.

How about you just call it whatever you all want and just chill out.

Its a name, it don't mean a thing when we all know wtf were talking about.

A most excellent idea by the way OP.  Ill be trying this out on my next petris for sure.

--------------------

Edited by Habadashery (08/22/13 10:51 AM)

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Habadashery]
    #18741891 - 08/22/13 11:25 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I was waiting for this Will, and I like it. I go through about 20 petris every week so I will certainly give it a go in my agar.

Good shit :thumbup:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Habadashery]
    #18741931 - 08/22/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

What about the difference in color of metabolites? What do they mean?

I can't wait till I get more dishes to make some agar with metabolites!

--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!
RogerRabbit said:You need a bigger pressure cooker for this hobby. RR

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Juiceh]
    #18742078 - 08/22/13 12:06 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I love how offended RR gets over people calling it myc piss. Big fucking deal :shrug:

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18742090 - 08/22/13 12:08 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It has nothing to do with piss.

The only thing metablites and piss have in common is a shade of yellow.

I can understand why a professional would get frustrated when seeing it referred to as such.

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: PussyFart]
    #18742144 - 08/22/13 12:17 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Every pile of grains I dunk before spawning to bulk leaves me with about a gallon of diluted, "metabolite water" if you will.

I think my experiments will start with that. I rarely if ever see visible metabolites forming in jars or bags and I prefer to keep it that way :shrug:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

InvisibleJuiceh
Dabbing All Day
 User Gallery

Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18742164 - 08/22/13 12:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:I rarely if ever see visible metabolites forming in jars or bags and I prefer to keep it that way :shrug:

I was just thinking that. It would take quite a while for me to harvest enough metabolites to use in any of the listed applications.

--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!
RogerRabbit said:You need a bigger pressure cooker for this hobby. RR

OfflineTasteTheSound
Cankle Lover

Re: Willsolvem's Myco-pee tek -additions/contributions welcome- [Re: Juiceh]
    #18742267 - 08/22/13 12:48 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

How can u be sure it won't contaminate other projects.  I understand that it in its self a form of anti body but still seems a bit off to spreading one specimens metabolites to another's.  Almost how some peoples organs will be rejected by another's immune system even though its the same thing.

Also finding how to make a sizeable amount to use in large quantity seems like it would take forever unless you had a large scale operation.

I guess it almost equates to you and your friend pissing on each others feet cause you both have athletes foot.  Ha ha.  My bad attempt at humor.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom