Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: Beside the Garden]
    #18735638 - 08/21/13 03:04 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Look him straight in the eye and tell him that assaulting someone with [insert health condition] is a felony; and he doesn't want that blood on his hands. He doesn't care? Well take out your gun, pepper spray his face, and stab him in the dick. Or you know you could be confident say previous statement and use whatever martial arts defense strategy you learn.

Just don't shit you don't have to take bud. Hope you find the art for you.

Seriously check out kuk sool won

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
    #18735639 - 08/21/13 03:04 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Beside the Garden said:
Thanks!
I meant Kung Fu as a catch all phrase. Like i said i don't go looking for fights and couldn't see my self in a scenario of a group fight eather. Usually there are indicators before an escalation and i can remove my self from the equation, and have never been in a adult fight. Still i don't want to live cowardly and not all situations give an out.

The injury is substantial, there is a titanium rod holding up my sternum and there is no cartilage connecting my ribs to the sternum. Its weird when this first happened it was like the wolves could smell blood and moved in on me. So i now take this as a responsibly to know how to protect myself despite the limitation. So ground fights are out long fights are out also, I need to be like a Mantis with blades for hands that will take a persons head off if they threaten my heart. Basically very quick no fucking around, one of us is going down deadly strikes. Sounds intense but yeah im no MMA fighter.

A scenario i could see playing out is some tough guy is buzzed and doesn't like my look, opinion or whatever the intimidation starts and he beings to shove. This shove while normally not a BIG problem could seriously injury me. So many things could could mess me up from falling, to him hitting the soft spot whatever. You can see my heart beat through my chest so my response is that serious and I could justify killing or seriously wounding someone if they came at me with even a minor assault. My motive is to protect what is sacred and the training will be an expression of that. Channeling of life force meditation, its not just a combat thing.

So what exactly caused this injury? Just curious.

--------------------

InvisibleBeside the Garden
Male User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: Everlong]
    #18735651 - 08/21/13 03:14 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Everlong said:
:ilold:

Quote:

Everlong said:

Wow dude laughing at a injured/disabled guy for making a decision to take on a discipline that would help him defend himself.
Then your just curios how it all came to be. You sir sound like a class act DICK.

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

#18735672 - 08/21/13 03:26 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Beside the Garden said:
Quote:

Everlong said:
:ilold:

Quote:

Everlong said:

Wow dude laughing at a injured/disabled guy for making a decision to take on a discipline that would help him defend himself.
Then your just curios how it all came to be. You sir sound like a class act DICK.

I just found it lolsy because you immediately thought of kung fu, which isn't known for actually being worth a damn in a street fight. It might not be funny to you, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughed at reading your original post. No offense.

So what caused the injury?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: Legend]
    #18735677 - 08/21/13 03:30 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Legend said:
Look him straight in the eye and tell him that assaulting someone with [insert health condition] is a felony; and he doesn't want that blood on his hands. He doesn't care? Well take out your gun, pepper spray his face, and stab him in the dick. Or you know you could be confident say previous statement and use whatever martial arts defense strategy you learn.

Just don't shit you don't have to take bud. Hope you find the art for you.

Seriously check out kuk sool won

Right and that's good and i agree, I have a gun and the law is on my side but there are situations where neither are available useful or respected. There are people who would only push more if they knew the weakness and strike in that spot.  Lets say i wind up in a jail cell at some point in my life i don't count on that but it could happen. Basically its just being prepared to handle myself and dominate quickly if needed. Really i couldn't imagine someone well versed in the arts coming at me aggressively its the shitbirds that bother me.

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #18735685 - 08/21/13 03:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Man I would really hate to be in such a vulnerable ad defenseless position.

Like you painted such a vivid Image in my head.. Well the self defense treks are out there

Hope you find something that fits your needs. Keep us updated if you do

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Offlinekinkaku
I AM THE LAW!!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Россия
Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: Legend]
    #18735695 - 08/21/13 03:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

well you got to think first like if you're looking for a style that does alot of damage in a short amount of time then you are going to need to be able to either a. exert great speed with a little force in your strikes or b. less speed with more power does your injury hinder either of those? if so i would go with a style that involves grappeling. nobody ids going to punch your chest if you dislocate their arm with a kamora or break it completly with an arm bar.

i remember when i was in brazillian jujitsu my instruct taught us how to break our opponents shin bone so that they would never walk again right. he said something like it was a russian military technique or something like that.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: kinkaku]
    #18735759 - 08/21/13 04:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

OP there is no martial art that meets your needs.

There is no martial art that even begins to fit your needs, except perhaps if you believe in the internal arts, if you're pretty young you can go up on a mountain and start practicing your tai-chi and bagua now, and maybe in 60 years if you fully devote your life to it you'll be invicible.  If you believe in that kind of thing.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: teamkiller]
    #18735823 - 08/21/13 04:46 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:

There is no martial art that even begins to fit your needs, except perhaps if you believe in the internal arts, if you're pretty young you can go up on a mountain and start practicing your tai-chi and bagua now, and maybe in 60 years if you fully devote your life to it you'll be invicible.  If you believe in that kind of thing.

Is this true though it sounds bleak.
What experience are you coming from?

The internal arts are appealing and may be the best way to go. Developing a way of interacting so that conflict is avoided.
Still i feel there is a need to be able to channel the force into a deadly strike. I can use my arms and legs and work out, I just have a very critical weak spot.
Im not MMA training but a few well learned principles and moves would help. Akido looks appealing.

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

#18735834 - 08/21/13 04:50 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Beside the Garden said:
Quote:

teamkiller said:

Is this true though it sounds bleak.
What experience are you coming from?

The internal arts are appealing and may be the best way to go. Developing a way of interacting so that conflict is avoided.
Still i feel there is a need to be able to channel the force into a deadly strike. I can use my arms and legs and work out, I just have a very critical weak spot.
Im not MMA training but a few well learned principles and moves would help. Akido looks appealing.

Nothing is going to save you from your injury, if someone randomly punched you in the sternum you will be fucked. I doubt you could learn anything fast enough that you would be able to block a punch to the chest in the heat of the moment.

So what caused the injury, OP? You ignored my response to you.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: Everlong]
    #18735848 - 08/21/13 04:55 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

(Nope didn't ignore it just took some time writing it then went to post and saw updates.)

Ok, well i said Kung Fu as a catch all term knowing it wasn't technical. I just like the sound of it and its kind of fun to say.

My chest injury was caused by two doctors butchering a surgery to correct a congenital defect, probably should not have done the surgery or found a better Doc. Less than a month went by and i had a car crash that shattered my femur, now that's titanium too.
Then I got another doctor a really awesome guy to fix the original mistakes. When i came too he told me the original guys fucked up and shaved out all the cartilage and the bar he put in would have to be permanent.

I found out one of the surgeons a plastics guy who was only there to cut and sow me up took over the surgery for the heart surgeon. I later found out this guy has heavy financial issues, past law suits, stalking charges and is a straight up no joke psychopath and he probably harvested my cartilage for profiting more in plastic surgeries like nose jobs. Im a universal donor and live tissue is very valuable. There is no way to prove it or sue, MI has a "minimum standard of care" law that lawyers said they technically meet even though they didn't use the right hardware to begin with. Also the crash would make it hard to argue because they would just point at that. After the surgery they where really odd around me and short answered. After my crash the psycho looked me in the eye when i was telling him how much pain i was in and said "I don't care about your pain" clearly he was no longer worried about a lawsuit. It was all kinds of fucked up.

What is important now is what i have learned and continue to learn from these types of experiences. Self acceptance, humility, kindness, knowing my limits, peoples capability for evil, forgiveness.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#18735857 - 08/21/13 04:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

well i mean just on the very surface, if you want to be good at any martial art except maybe(but maybe not) the soft internal arts ur gonna have to take a serious beating as part of the normal training.  Taking serious beatings doesn't mean ur going to be good at martial arts, its just a necessary part of training.

I'm sorry but aikido will do nothing unless you're a natural kinesthetic prodigy, and even then its probably not very efficent.

fighting is very messy business.  Only the most gifted masters make it look easy, and its still chaotic and there is absolutely no way you can 100% control a situation to stop someone from hitting you in the chest. 
like, with ur condition as you've stated it, it would always be much more effective to run away if you didn't have ur gun.

if you'd allow me a moment to digress, u know how animals fight all the time?  like nearly all animals fight.  when animals fight they rarely kill or maim each other, because a species that went around killing and maiming themselves wouldn't do so great.
Humans are no different.  I think someone above mentioned humans have like 2-3 weak spots.  throat/eyes and maybe ears or maybe the back of the skull depending on how you count it.  If ur really fighting in the violence sense and not in the animal contest sense, those are the only 3 things you should be thinking about. 
training specific techniques and postures is stupid and in the short-medium term just fucks up your muscle memory to not be able to react fluidly to situations. 

none of what i said just matters because even practicing punching the shit out of someone's throat 8 hours a day isn't going to insure they don't hit you in the chest.

--------------------

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

#18735862 - 08/21/13 04:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Welp that's fucked up OP, I'm sorry for originally finding it funny. :uhoh:

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#18736040 - 08/21/13 05:59 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Odds are against me of coarse nothing is 100% guaranteed and i have no expectations of that but i would like to sharpen any edge i have. That edge i feel first comes from the weakness it self, the no fucking around reaction that comes from knowing what a single blow landed can do to me.

I believe my nature is mostly a nonviolent peaceful one i don't go looking for trouble and try to see another persons perspective. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think like this (deadly force) and i didn't buy a gun until after all that mess happened. Because of this injury i am now out side the norm in terms of what an appropriate response would be, so I don't hold myself to the same moral code or ethics when it comes to a fight. Not that there is a street code per say but what would be excessive to one is not to me. On the one hand I am much more vulnerable to minor infractions but on the other hand I am much more deadly in my response towards them.

Mostly I would leave the situation before fighting or drawing my pistol but in a scenario where i couldn't do ether, i have to take it as life and death even if the other doesn't. If the other person does not know my intensity and need, that is to my advantage, if they don't have training and i do i have an upper hand. If they have strong training they probably don't want to get in a fight anyways knowing how quick things can get ugly. But like i said have never been in an adult fight or really seen any, for the most part adults don't fight.

Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.
Loc: poop
    #18736356 - 08/21/13 08:11 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

is there any martial arts where you jump around alot? i like jumping around

edit:isnt ninjitsu outdated, i was told ninjitsu is basically learning to break through wooden armor so you could make a kill with your weapon

i havnt really seen wooden armor in a modern fight

or is that wrong? theres more to it?

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Edited by hidenseek1 (08/21/13 08:16 AM)

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18737167 - 08/21/13 12:08 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe get a gun OP?

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: The Vapor]
    #18737450 - 08/21/13 01:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

op has a gun

Quote:

Mostly I would leave the situation before fighting or drawing my pistol but in a scenario where i couldn't do ether, i have to take it as life and death even if the other doesn't. If the other person does not know my intensity and need, that is to my advantage, if they don't have training and i do i have an upper hand. If they have strong training they probably don't want to get in a fight anyways knowing how quick things can get ugly. But like i said have never been in an adult fight or really seen any, for the most part adults don't fight.

prob still not a good idea ever to fight, any time you can fight you can run.

--------------------

Offlinekinkaku
I AM THE LAW!!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18737488 - 08/21/13 01:25 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hidenseek1 said:
is there any martial arts where you jump around alot? i like jumping around

edit:isnt ninjitsu outdated, i was told ninjitsu is basically learning to break through wooden armor so you could make a kill with your weapon

i havnt really seen wooden armor in a modern fight

or is that wrong? theres more to it?

idk :shrug: I've never found a trainer although someone did tell me that its one of the martial arts trained in the millitary.

i think monkey style kung fu has alot of jumping around and crane/preying mantis but its mostly jumping to change footing.

op your best option would probably just to work on your reflexes and strength before learning a martial arts. if you have good reflexes you should be able to block or dodge a punch or kick even if you dont have martial arts training. also work on zen:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleClockCode
A Lonely Hypha

Loc: The Highest Desert
    #18737530 - 08/21/13 01:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you should get a Kevlar vest installed, cyborg.

I'd also recommend living in the right place.  I know it's not always as easy as packing up and going, but there's more violence in cities than less populated areas.

--------------------
Psilovibing

Offlinekinkaku
I AM THE LAW!!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I Need Kung Fu [Re: ClockCode]
    #18737557 - 08/21/13 01:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i like your avatar clockcode:thumbup: im in the middle of majora's mask right now haha i love old games.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder