Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBenzine
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Russian Federation
DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT
    #6618081 - 02/27/07 08:09 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What are the differences of effects of the 2? I know about the less visual part of Meo but I want to know more. How does it compare to DMT? Witch one is overall more intense? I am not ready for DMT yet, not for a while, but I was thinking of trying Meo if I can get ahold of it some time and see what thats like.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT *DELETED* [Re: Benzine]
    #6618096 - 02/27/07 08:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Sebastian23

Reason for deletion: Info was wrong.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

InvisibleBenzine
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Russian Federation
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: Sebastian23]
    #6618141 - 02/27/07 08:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Your way off, how about someone who knows the 2? Can anyone help me out??

InvisibleMezcal
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: Benzine]
    #6618183 - 02/27/07 08:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Erowid. If you want personal experience from people you'll be better off asking specific questions...

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT *DELETED* [Re: Mezcal]
    #6618214 - 02/27/07 08:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by gooddrugguy

Reason for deletion: x

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: gooddrugguy]
    #6618245 - 02/27/07 08:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Come on guys. No one knows everything, but lets not reply when we don't really know what we're talking about here.

"I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. 5-meo-dmt just isn't the kind found in the human pineal gland. Theres another type that IS but I don't know what its called. "nn-something-dmt" I think. "

No, they're not the same. 4-HO-DMT isn't the same either, nor any other analog. n,n-DMT is "regular" DMT.

"There is 5-Meo-DMT, which is the same as n,n-DMT, except it has an oxygen molecule attached."

The difference is right there in the name. A methoxy group on the 5 position. Not just oxygen (which isn't a molecule, btw :wink: ).

5-MeO-DMT is administered the same way. It is rapidly broken down when taken orally without MAOI, and smoking the freebase is effective, like n,n. The effects generally last longer, and are strong even at the half hour point, rather than being almost completely sober in 6 minutes.

The feeling of extreme intensity is there still. One is overwhelmed from all angles. But, many people report a much more physical experience. Tension, warmth, even "crushing" feelings. Your head is still above the clouds, but there isn't the precious visuals that only n,n-DMT offers.

The dosage is far less. While in my opinion n,n is safe to eyeball a dose with (having even loaded up a pipe quite full, when the time has come to stop smoking, you're not going to be smoking), 5-MeO should be weighed out. Especially if you've never done it before.

I think someone who has never tried either should start with the n,n. 5-MeO isn't exactly an easier experience to hold down. And many more people tend to dislike it, or experience strong anxiety panic (due to strong physical effects and much longer duration).

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinefungusface
Stranger
    #6618323 - 02/27/07 09:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I've never had the opportunity to experience DMT, but I have had several with 5-meo-dmt. In my experiences with smoking 5-meo-dmt (freebase), My heart went absolutly crazy and my head floated off of my body and around the room (maybe lasting 20 seconds). Thats really all I have to says about it... and it is a more drawn out effect when snorted, however I found the effects of 5-meo-dmt to be overal disappointing and undesireable.

It isnt an RC i'd suggest trying, not even once.

I saw a kid almost go out of his mind on this shit. I saw another girl go into a paranoid frenzy in the middle of school as well (obviously a bad setting!) PEACE.

--------------------
Everyone can see more clearly with a set of ginormous pupils.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: fungusface]
    #6618364 - 02/27/07 09:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

If you're looking to do it for a "good time", then certainly skip it. Same with salvia, I say. It has a valuable purpose if you're curious to see just what the mind is capable of though.

DMT kind of has the same rule. But in my experience (and that of many others) it can also be extremely enjoyable. I'm sure some would say that about salvia and 5-meo-dmt, but they're probably in the minority.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6618418 - 02/27/07 09:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I've done both. The 5-meo was bought off a website so i'm pretty positive it was the real deal, and the DMT i get is from a respectable source, and looks similar to the pictures on Erowid.

I did 5-meo-DMT three times, twice smoked, once bumped. Terrible experience every time. Like a previous poster mentioned - my heart also began to race, i was sweating more than usual and overall just felt like i was on the brink of death (or something similar). Visuals were mainly just flashes of different colors, no patterns. I'm not sure why i did it two times after not enjoying the first time, but every time was unenjoyable

My n,n-DMT experiences on the other hand are very enjoyable. I picked up a half gram with a friend and we would put about 50-60mg in a bowl with some ganj. We'd get a good 4-5 hits and it'd give some intense effects. Close-eye visuals were quit beautiful, very detailed, and multi-symmetrical. The body high was pretty enjoyable. Also, i found with DMT that there is a small line between tripping and just getting high. When smoking with a freebase pipe i didn't get as big of hits and got a nice high, when smoked with weed i'd trip out pretty good

Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: gooddrugguy]
    #6618419 - 02/27/07 09:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i don't think that 5 meo can even be compared to nn dmt..... nn dmt is a spiritual rocket ship that brings you into different realms of existent and connects you with the light of all creation. 5meo is just really intense..... but not really in a psychedelic way... crazy body high and not really productive to me in my work.

with nn dmt there is a profound sense of "mystical" experience that has changed my life. i can not speak for others but for me i see no reason to ever smoke 5meo dmt ever again. it just never spoke to me.    but nn dmt sings be love songs :heartpump::heartpump:  i have friends who love 5 meo and have had some profound experiences with it. its just intense with no pupose i guess is what it felt like to me.

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT *DELETED* [Re: fungusface]
    #6619059 - 02/28/07 12:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinepsychedeliack
Stranger
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: poke smot!]
    #8893786 - 09/07/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have yet to try nn DMT, but am quite familiar with 5 meo.  Id have to say this is one thing you dont want to under dose, or over dose. 
Ive experienced everything from a not so pleasant body fry(underdose) to not even being able to remember I smoked the stuff(overdose)
But when you find that perfect zone, its astonishing, and impossible to describe with words.  Had me laughing myself to tears at how precious and profound it was, experiencing all emotions at once, like all of your past and future incarnations and life experiences rolled into a psychedelic explosion of ecstasy and understanding. 
The imperfect dosages seemed like recreational trips, the perfect dosage, is like having god gobble you up and breathe you out back into the universe.  Things just aint the same anymore :wink: 
no aliens tho, just god.  I hope that comes with the nn DMT on a spiritual note.

OfflineNexusVisions
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15778677 - 02/08/12 11:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

nndmt is more visual landscapes, has a different spirit than 5meodmt, short story nndmt is like the introduction to a new perspective in this realms, 5meodmt is like the ultimate journey is like a leap of faith is a more sacred experience not just a recreative drug as can be nndmt,with 5meodmt you're really dealing with different dimensions at the same time, if well guided you can have a really sacred religious experience is like you're meeting your soul for the first time a true awakening of the spirit, i think 5meodmt is for more experienced user true psychonauts theres nothing stronger than these trip if well used, is the far you can go and come back, is the bardo not only a bunch of nonsense visions, it should take it with a lot of respect and carefully, if nndmt is te spirit molecule then 5meodmt is God molecule.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: NexusVisions]
    #15779103 - 02/08/12 01:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NexusVisions said:
nndmt is more visual landscapes, has a different spirit than 5meodmt, short story nndmt is like the introduction to a new perspective in this realms, 5meodmt is like the ultimate journey is like a leap of faith is a more sacred experience not just a recreative drug as can be nndmt,with 5meodmt you're really dealing with different dimensions at the same time, if well guided you can have a really sacred religious experience is like you're meeting your soul for the first time a true awakening of the spirit, i think 5meodmt is for more experienced user true psychonauts theres nothing stronger than these trip if well used, is the far you can go and come back, is the bardo not only a bunch of nonsense visions, it should take it with a lot of respect and carefully, if nndmt is te spirit molecule then 5meodmt is God molecule.

Well put. I love 5-MeO-DMT but there's only a few who are down to smoke it with me. It gets a lot of negative hype that's unfounded in my eyes. It's one of the best tryptamines around.

--------------------

OfflineFo0d-for-insanity
Foodforinsanity
Female

Loc: England Flag
    #18732369 - 08/20/13 01:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hi :smile: I had 5meodmt at Bangface festival last year.... I've had DMT plenty of times... Love the stuff :smile:

We bought wraps of 5meodmt off a guy we met there at 8quid a wrap and there was very little powder in em so therefore I thought, Im not gunna feel fuck all, then.... BANG! Stood in my caravan and everything went so visual.... Very similar visuals to DMT but a lot less intense, these visuals went on for at least 8 hours. In that 8 hours I managed to experience telepathy whilst trying to speak French to French people and had to go into my room in my caravan for a bit!
Haha! When I did, I went into the most bizarre spiritual planet, it was unreal! Cannot be explained in words! Was amazing though but extremely intense. Would do it again but in a very comfortable environment.
It was like DMT but less intense and lasted longer... Put it this way... Im trying to find the stuff on the internet now! Haha! :laugh: amazing xx

OfflineShr00mDr00g
Male

Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: lsd25icu812]
    #24049687 - 01/29/17 05:43 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: Fo0d-for-insanity]
    #24049889 - 01/29/17 06:52 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fo0d-for-insanity said:
Hi :smile: I had 5meodmt at Bangface festival last year.... I've had DMT plenty of times... Love the stuff :smile:

We bought wraps of 5meodmt off a guy we met there at 8quid a wrap and there was very little powder in em so therefore I thought, Im not gunna feel fuck all, then.... BANG! Stood in my caravan and everything went so visual.... Very similar visuals to DMT but a lot less intense, these visuals went on for at least 8 hours. In that 8 hours I managed to experience telepathy whilst trying to speak French to French people and had to go into my room in my caravan for a bit!
Haha! When I did, I went into the most bizarre spiritual planet, it was unreal! Cannot be explained in words! Was amazing though but extremely intense. Would do it again but in a very comfortable environment.
It was like DMT but less intense and lasted longer... Put it this way... Im trying to find the stuff on the internet now! Haha! :laugh: amazing xx

8 hours? I thought 5-meo-dmt only lasted about an hour or two tops, after effects included.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: DMT Vs. 5-Meo-DMT [Re: krypto2000]
    #24049981 - 01/29/17 07:24 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

:oldthread: and yeah that's not 5 Me0-DMT. She probably got 4-aco-DMT & confused the two.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds