Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Konyap]
    #18733730 - 08/20/13 07:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
OMG dude if people where getting mental illness' from mushrooms then they wouldn't be used.

It's the chronic marijuana use of young teenagers, RC's, synthetic weed and abuse of amphetamine that is causing mental illness' the majority of the time.

Hell probably even the stigma of going to jail...

If you have a mental illness or are afraid of mental illness then don't use mushrooms.

You don't get mental illness from using psychedelics, however psychedelics can cause very traumatic experiences which can trigger serious mental issues.  Its not any drug usually causing mental illness either, its not a common occurrence but it does happen.  Seeing your friend die, being attacked, failing college can do the same thing.  People lose their minds all the time, and drugs can certainly be the tipping point for a lot of people.  I would never suggest anyone with a weak mind eat 1/4 oz of dried mushrooms, would you?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: fapjack]
    #18733837 - 08/20/13 07:25 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Not really, but a recreational dose is far lesser then that, people wouldn't eat eighths of shrooms if they didn't need that much to get their moneys worth.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Konyap]
    #18733855 - 08/20/13 07:29 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The point is that psychedelics can cause very traumatic experience in people and this can trigger problems with one's mental health.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: fapjack]
    #18733888 - 08/20/13 07:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Butttt not as much as propaganda leds you to believe.

1/100 people get schizophrenia, that's saying your just as likely to get it another way then you are to get it from psychedelic use (or misuse?).

The article still stands. Again, Norwegian article..

If you go to different parts of the world the second you introduce a mental illness everyone will become aware that they have it, but it won't go away anytime soon.

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: empty space]
    #18734222 - 08/20/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

empty space said:
My father claims that he has a bunch of friends that lost their minds from eating acid but I think he is full of shit. I know a LOT of old hippies and there is a significant difference between the sane ones and the crazy ones. The biggest difference is whether or not they did a bunch of drugs other than psychedelics as well. I found that almost all of the sane ones mostly stuck to psychedelics and the crazy ones did a bunch of other drugs too.

This. There's a fair group of older hippies around my town, most still normal, functional human beings. A few acid eaters got off the boat back in the day after chowing some sort of unidentified chemical passed off as acid, but as is more often the case they were already unstable when they separated from their minds and any semblance of reality. The other ones who, for the most part are still lucid except when they drink, got completely geeked out on crank for a long time. You could always cite Syd Barrett as an example, but he begin having difficulties when he was the primary songwriter and singer for Pink Floyd, and when he was chowing massive amounts of acid and mandrax his problems were magnified and he suffered a complete break. You never really know how anything is going to affect you until you try it, and excess might be somewhat enjoyable for a period of time, but look at Syd, look at Morrison, look at Joplin and Hendrix, they're all examples of why moderation is key. They were all damn great musicians, they just did too much too fast and lost it all.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

OfflineKonyap

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #18734335 - 08/20/13 09:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well when you're being worked to death munching on Quaaludes

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #18735106 - 08/20/13 11:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Camwritesgonzo said:

but look at Syd, look at Morrison, look at Joplin and Hendrix, they're all examples of why moderation is key. They were all damn great musicians, they just did too much too fast and lost it all.

Syd lost his marbles for some reason or another, as you were saying many (including myself) suspect that the massive doses he was taking magnified already existing problems.

On the other hand what did Morrison Joplin or Hendrix lose? They all overdosed on alcohol and heroin, and everyone knows that comes with the territory way back before the 60s. They were lucid and lived a dangerous lifestyle, with from what I've heard no regret on the matter. Personally I'm a fan of living fast and the possible consequences of the lifestyle is a small price to pay
Anyways back on these guys, none of them lost their shit on psychedelics except possible Syd

OfflineKonyap

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18735141 - 08/20/13 11:50 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Argh, hendrix died of sleeping pills, his girlfriend gave him the wrong measurements cause europe and america used different measurements at that time.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#18735159 - 08/20/13 11:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

That's too bad, I hear pills are a painful way to go

OfflineSillyputty67

Loc: Netherlands
Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18736129 - 08/21/13 06:36 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It wasnt the pills the killed him, it was suffocating on the vomit.

--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Sillyputty67] * 1
    #18736855 - 08/21/13 10:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well I hear drowning in vomit is a bad way to go too, and I was aware of that.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#18736872 - 08/21/13 10:50 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If you aren't conscious I doubt its that bad.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#18737064 - 08/21/13 11:43 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

My old friends dad died that way, get massive brain damage in your sleep, he used to be a drinker.

There was a break in his intestine or something and it got in his stomach, he vomited while he was sleeping and choked on it, he wasn't on any drugs, right when I heard intestine I knew it was something he got from drinking, cause he made mad money when he was younger and spent it all on alcohol and partying.

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: Repertoire89] * 2
    #18738589 - 08/21/13 04:53 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Well I hear drowning in vomit is a bad way to go too

Especially if it's on somebody else's vomit (This is Spinal Tap).

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Offlinepmoseman
Illogical Ninja

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: empty space]
    #18779726 - 08/30/13 11:24 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You may want to consider the possibility that this article is full of shit.

OfflineKonyap

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: pmoseman]
    #18780625 - 08/31/13 08:58 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pmoseman said:
You may want to consider the possibility that this article is full of shit.

I've heard stories about people losing it on psyches.

From what I can tell they got paranoid and would try to bolt from their friends.

I have heard a couple stories though of people never coming out of the trip per se, still having warping effects and tunnel vision 24/7, but I've been here a long time and I saw maybe two articles about the same couple of people.

OfflineDelonAlan
Stranger
    #25895252 - 03/25/19 04:56 AM (5 years, 5 days ago)

You should always think about the consequences of what you are doing. The use of any drug in the future will give mental problems. I advise you to get free insurance quotes on site Generalinsurance.com it if you need medical care. You never know what can happen to health.

OfflineKonyap

Re: LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems [Re: DelonAlan]
    #25895994 - 03/25/19 02:20 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

dude i'd rather break an arm than use insurance to cover drug problems, that'd be a big giant waste of money, it'd be like going to a car mechanic because you don't like your paint job

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order