Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSteyner
finally found the edit button
 User Gallery

growkit heat / humidity questions
    #18730758 - 08/20/13 02:26 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

hallo everyone, first timer here who needs some advice please.

well I've recently received two grow kits from one of the sponsor sites although due to the fckedup inefficiencies of my country's postal system the kits spent 6 months travelling here from Amsterdam.

anyway I've followed the directions, wet thoroughly for 12 hours, get rid of the water and into the bag, close with paper clips. however since its still sorta winter here (temps high 50s during night and low 60s during daytime), I decided to add some heat by dropping a submersible aquarium heater into a large container with water just covering the heater, and having the grow bags float on top of the water in smaller containers.

during the day I keep the lid off and temperatures seem good around 70 with light coming through the curtains. the problem is at night I have to close the lid to keep the heat in, temperature (taken at substrate level above the water) is a constant 75. heater is set to max. however the condensation inside the bags makes me worry. I've read the breather patches mustn't get wet, although with the condensation everything inside gets wet.

am I running a risk of contamination? the substrate is supposed to be colonised according to the booklet, so the risk should be much lower right?

luckily I have also two syringes and just waiting the pc to start with some grains in jars tek, I've read up quite extensively and am thinking to start two fc's, one spawn to bulk after pasteurisation, the other with perlite and some cased grains in containers above.

can't wait!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck