Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrowFast

Fresh air????
    #1873022 - 09/02/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I read when growing shrooms you should ventilate frequently to let some fresh air in. Does it just need the fresh air for oxygen? If that is the case wont it be better just to get an oxygen tank that releases oxygen slowly?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: GrowFast]
    #1873049 - 09/02/03 02:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OfflinetwistedJay
hydriodic acid
Loc: IM A REAL KILLA
Re: Fresh air???? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1873094 - 09/02/03 02:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

the more you fan the better the results are. if you dont fan enough you will build up C02 and that will induce aborts and halted growth.

--------------------
this has been a message from a twisted ass mutha fucka. and if you dont like it.........EAT A DICK!

InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
Re: Fresh air???? [Re: GrowFast]
    #1873307 - 09/02/03 03:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a link you should find useful.

http://mv.lycaeum.org/mu/stamets_cubensis.html

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fresh air???? [Re: GrowFast]
    #1874016 - 09/02/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A little while ago I came up with a thing called the poorman's pod. Some people have heard of it. The thing about it is the constant airflow. I put the exhaust holes at the top of the chamber for this reason. (kind of thouches on what your talking about here.)

This is why the pod works.

The fundamental principal behind using air entrainment is to sufficiently mix the two (fresh air and stale air) together and then re-distribute them back into the environment in a more balanced way that is then more beneficial to the mushroom crop. Without this sufficient mixing of the gasses present within the grow space, the crops will remain stunted and will likely never reach their optimum potential.

With the poor mans pod, the settling co2 air is met and diffused by a curtain of fresh air rising from beneath the Geo-lite surface. This rising flow of air is created from the air diffuser rod situated below the Geo-lite surface, which is powered by the air pump. The rising air pattern not only prohibits the heavier co2 air from settling down onto the bottom surface as usual but it also simultaneously diffuses the co2 with fresh air as it is distributed back into the environment or grow space where it can be put to good use.

In this way, the poor mans pod creates the same desired phenomenon as offered by more conventional means of air entrainment found in much larger-scale commercial applications where a mixing box is commonly used to accomplish this important task. Poorman's Pod

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation