Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer?
    #1868522 - 08/31/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Location = well watered green grassy area along a sidewalk in Seattle 2 miles north of main street and first ave.

Spores = Dark cinnamon brown; maybe I am looking too hard but where the spores are on the paper stakcked up they appear dark cinnamon brown, but where they are spread thin on the paper they appear to have a purpilish hue.

Gills = close gill spacing; free to seceding gill attachment

Cap = Dark brown while growing; quickly turns a pale color after being picked. Seemed to be broadly umbonate while fresh; becoming uplifted after picked. About 2cm. Young caps appear as ball, attached very well to stem.

Annulus = annulus curls upward with blue/grey color; darker than sky blue. annulus is located 1cm below the cap.

Stem = 5cm.; appears to be a straight equil stem but turns to a flexulose shape after the stem has dried; 1cm above and below the annulus the stem is an off-white tan color; gowing further down the stem away from the cap the the stem slowly becomes a dark brown. stiff and Fibrous stem.

Other info = does not bruise blue. when picked from the area they were well atached to the grassy area; this could suggest that thay are a mycorrhizae fungi since roots were attached to the base of the stem. Grass was healthy and well watered. The only other thing I dont know if important or not is that the largest cap was freckled/spotted with darker areas and holes maybe suggesting the older cap is decaying or maybe some critter is having a snack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: wacked]
    #1868562 - 08/31/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I forgot to add a few things

Gill color = creamy white to light brown

Smell = they smell like an earthy organic mushroom smell kinda like the smell of the white button mushrooms found in the grocery store.

I found them yesterday and they were still thare today

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1868699 - 08/31/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think Ps. stunzii are not very common during this time of year, but, being in Seattle, I bet you would have a better chance finding them there than anywhere else.

Blue ringers will most always bruise blue, and since yours aren't, Im thinking that they are probably not them, and most likely a different mushroom.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
    #1868780 - 08/31/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The stems look very similar to the stems of this pic except that the ones that I found are a darker brown towards the base below the annulus.
http://drogy.jinak.cz/houbicky/mushs/fimetaria-1.jpg

They resemble this mushroom more than anyother I have been able to find online.
http://drogy.jinak.cz/houbicky/mushs/subfimetaria-2.jpg

Sorry I dont have a digital camera and I had a hard time loading the pic onto this site my computer is old and froze up. Besides I dont know all the rules about using someone elses pictures. There are more pictures with the subfimertaria-2.jpg can go -1,-3,-4.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1868828 - 08/31/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I found some two days ago. Just developed some images on a lawn near the University of Washington.
They can grow all year long and have. I picked some in March and April this year and posted them here months ago.

Here are three cropped images of p. stuntzii on a water sprinklered lawn.

Hehehehe.

Check this page on my web-site for more P. stuntzii lawn and woodchip varieitiy images.

I do not look for them I find them when i am not trhinking about them

mj

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1868875 - 08/31/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are they worth eating?

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
    #1868917 - 08/31/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Is a random mushroom worht eating- no.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1868921 - 08/31/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If they are "blue ringers".- yes.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
    #1869203 - 08/31/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Other info = does not bruise blue. when picked from the area they were well atached to the grassy area; this could suggest that thay are a mycorrhizae fungi since roots were attached to the base of the stem.
Could these roots that appeared be rhizomorphs? If so are P. stuntzii known to have rhizomorphs?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1869613 - 08/31/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to disappoint you Whacked but blue ringers do stain very blue under the right fresh from rain to hot sunny dring. Here is one of the best examples of a blue tringer staining blue.

There are more images under P. stuntzii at :

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

have a shroomy day
And yes the rings are often blue

OfflineGeoSpearit
Stranger
    #1869667 - 08/31/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If it's that pic under your name, it's a liberty cap . They're really good, but shrink up to almost nothing when dried. Eatem fresh. Got tons of em in Oregon coast last fall.....it's about time for them to be coming out.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: GeoSpearit]
    #1869754 - 08/31/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

GeoSpearit: the mushrom pictured in his avatar is not a liberty cap [P. semilanceata] it is P. subfimentaria.
P. semilanceata do not have an annalus [a ring around te stipe].

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineGeoSpearit
Stranger
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: canid]
    #1869779 - 08/31/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, I see what your talking about. Righto.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Re: Need ID; detailed description; Blue ringer? [Re: GeoSpearit]
    #1870079 - 09/01/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok they are not blue ringers cause they dont stain blue. Thats cool . Thanks for the heads up. So does anyone know what they might be? What other kinds of shrooms have a blue annulus that fit that description?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1870151 - 09/01/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ar you sure that the annalus is blue and not purple?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
    #1870200 - 09/01/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

They are blue. The grey blue color has turned a darker blue now that they are dry and match the same color as the blue on the cys stems in my freezer left over from last fall.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1870352 - 09/01/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

if you are sure the rings are blue you might have P. stuntzii. i do not believe you have P. fimentaria as, though i am largely unfamiliar with this mushroom, it is a pasture mushroom and i believe the season is inconsistent with the descriptions. it would help a great deal if you could get a picture of descent quality up. if you can't gain access to a digital camera you might have better luck getting access to a scanner. you can place the specimen[s] on the glass, cover the whole glass with an opaque material like a towel.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1870667 - 09/01/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some P. fimetaria from a lawn in vancouver , B.D.

They do grow in fertilixed lawns right along side blue ringers and also have a blue rimg. the cap eeventually becomes conical to convex and is a light to med olive-brown when fresh. Also apears in mulched earth in gardens under the rich fertilized top soil. I have pictures of clusters P. femetaria posted at the shroomery in the search engines. Just look

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (09/01/03 07:28 AM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1871984 - 09/01/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thanx mj.

--------------------

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
    #1872047 - 09/01/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you all for your help with this. I will try to get some pictures before they disappear.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals