Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNester
AmatureEverything

Shrooms and Alcohol
    #1870911 - 09/01/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've heared a lot about smoking weed while tripping on shrooms, but what about alcohol? I don't smoke weed anymore because it hits me way to hard (for some reason) and I just don't like it anymore. I can never remember anything, can't THINK straight, vision is way too shakey to even SEE, and have had some bad experiences on it. It's only weed because I've tipped off shrooms, acid, and LSA before and never had a problem (well, the LSA was a bad trip but dosage was WAY too high!). I'm just wondering if, while camping, take some Bicardi Silver's or Mike's Hard Lemonade or something and sip on those while coming down off the shrooms (about 3g) would be a good idea. Nothing to intensify it or anything, just want to chill out, listen to some music, draw, and look at the stars. Let me know what you guys think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline5553
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: Nester]
    #1871135 - 09/01/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

shrooms and alcohol go great together. when im shrooming i can usually drink about twice as much booze as i would have if i wasnt shrooming. oh yeh, if your ever going to have a drinking contest... go on shrooms u will win 4 sure

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: 5553]
    #1871179 - 09/01/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It's been a while since I've had a mushroom experience, though a few times I did drink a bit before ingesting..by a bit I mean one or two drinks. This definetly affected the experience alot for me.  I could actually say I enjoyed the effects it provided :smile:  Although I've read a few posts here stating the complete oposite.  So just be careful not to overdo it..I don't think I have ever drank after the peak, if this is what your planning on doing, be sure to listen to your gut..It should tell you when it's had enough.

I would definetly NOT recommend a drinking contest as the previous poster suggested.

OfflineNester
AmatureEverything

#1871323 - 09/01/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'm not planning on getting wasted or even Drunk.  I just want to keep a good buzz going, the kind that keeps a smile on your face for no damn reason :laugh:.  I was curious to know if the two substances could go together without problems.  Some dude I know said that you shouldn't mix the two or it takes away the entire effect of the shrooms.  I didn't really believe him because he also told me that Apollo 13 was filmed in space!!!  Gonna go camping and do some cool artwork for everyone to see.  This is what shrooms feel like.

OfflineTavarua
A Nobody

Loc: Califuckinfornia
    #1871457 - 09/01/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Apollo 13 was filmed pretty damn close to space... technically.

--------------------
Gotta love life cuz life be lovin me

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1871499 - 09/01/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I strongly recommend against alcohol and shrooms. IMHO they do NOT go well together.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offline5553
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: Swami]
    #1871971 - 09/01/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

just to add.... my best mushrooms trips have been in combo with booze and weed. on an average shrooms trip (i trip about once per month) i usually comsume while shrooming about 2 grams of weed and a 26 of lambs navy rum. i dont see how u say they dont go together? oh well, personal opinion i guess

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: Swami]
    #1872140 - 09/01/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said..some people like it, some people don't. All I can really say is, if you feel the need to try it, be smart about it. It's just like trying a new substance, your still unfamiliar with the effects it will cause, and you've yet to get an idea of what your limits are. If you do decide to mix, it's probably best to start off light.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1872176 - 09/01/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think alcohol will affect your trip very much one way or another. You might feel a little bit of a head buzz from the alcohol on top of the effects of shrooms, but that's about it.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: silversoul7]
    #1872452 - 09/01/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I did it once and will never do it again. Me and my buddy ate our shrooms then had one beer after. I am surprised I didn't puke we both felt like shit. We had the feeling "I want to go somewhere that doesn't exist" outside was uncomfy. A bed would be uncomfy. It did make the visuals different though. More colourfull I think, but that pro definatly didn't outweigh the cons.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Offlinelateralus
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: superfine]
    #1872580 - 09/01/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I tripped(2.5gs) I started drinking a 12 pack of budweiser just before I ate them. The whole trip I didnt feel the beer at all but it was fun to drink. I couldve sworn I only drank like 3 or 4 beers the whole trip(about 3 1/2 hrs) but when I came down I was on my last beer and it hit me all at once. I was drunk as hell after coming down, didnt even feel it on the trip.

Invisiblephobey
watcher

Loc: home
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: lateralus]
    #1873640 - 09/02/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think alchol tastes like poison in a trip hell tastes like poison even when i?m sober.

Alchol is bad  u should abstain :wink:

Offline5553
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: phobey]
    #1873741 - 09/02/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

same thing with me lateralus.... dont even notice how much your drinking it goes down so easy

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: 5553]
    #1873856 - 09/02/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

me and a freind are fairly experienced with mushrooms, and each of us has had a bad trip, but sometimes, he seems to get the anxiety and confusion quite badly (i.e "have i eaten something? what have i eaten? oh yeah, mushrooms..............why have a done that?.......what have i eaten?" ((i had to listen to this for 2 hours..!))) he has dicovered now, that getting a little drunk before his trip, he has no anxiety.....whether or not he just happened to have a good trip coincidentally after drinking, and has produced a placebo type effect, were not sure, but he is happy now, and wont trip unless he has had a few beers.

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

OfflineNester
AmatureEverything

Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1874025 - 09/02/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Going camping this weekend with 2 buddies that have never done shrooms. Both have smoked weed, one is an experienced drinker, the other is not. I don't want them to have bad trips so that might be a good idea to get them a little relaxed with some alcohol. We're planning on taking around 3g each. The first time I did 3.5 and it was the best drug experience ever!! Can't wait for the weekend!

OfflineWraistlingill
Student/Teacher of the Universe
 User Gallery

#10692989 - 07/17/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my personal experience, which isn't guaranteed for anyone else or even myself again, I've really enjoyed drinking two or three drinks after the peak during the comedown. I've done this at least a few times and I have to say it really brings back the happy euphoric feeling I get right before peak and after initial come up. Also it has SEEMED to help with anxiety I get sometimes during any stage of a shroom session. A side note that I'm not able to prove so this may be all in my head but...I've tried drinking a few different kinds of alcohol with shrooms but pomagranite 17% alcohol mixer straight seems to really enhance the euphoric feeling. I've just recently got off of poppy pod tea after almost 2 years for a back injury and can say I'm quite familiar with discrete differences of the levels of euphoria so maybe pomagranite based alcohol has some magic to it. Then again maybe it's all in my head. But yeah, I've had GREAT experiences with shrooms and alcohol in LOW amounts. Plus I'd have to say I only combine the two occasionaly, out of respect for the magic of the shroom.

--------------------
You CAN handle the truth.

Offlinesnesgamer
baby rapist

#10701964 - 07/18/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

drank while tripping twice and both times it turned out bad

i wouldn't recommend it

then again I very rarely drink so I suppose if you have more of a tolerance to alcohol then you might enjoy it

OfflineWraistlingill
Student/Teacher of the Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: snesgamer]
    #10702861 - 07/19/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Alright last night I tested this alcohol and shrooms theory again. I'd been drinking at the beach all day (from about 2 till 9). When we all got back from the beach we (three of us, all which had been drinking all day) drank around 1.5g to 2g of shroom powder in water. The intensity of the experience was almost definitely lowered and I'm relatively confident it was from the alcohol. Had a very good body buzz, head buzz, and nice touches of euphoria but very little else. However the other partaker had a seemingly noticable high level of effects. So I dunno. Just figured it was worth mentioning.

--------------------
You CAN handle the truth.

InvisibleMelusina
Male
Re: Shrooms and Alcohol [Re: Wraistlingill]
    #10718748 - 07/22/09 01:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I like to have a few beers (okay, I admit it, those Smirnoff or Bacardi flavored girly things) around for the comedown. I find it helps me make a smooth transition from the giggly end-of-trip suddenly panicked because I think everything is funny and cannot function socially world...back into interpersonal socializing reality. Which is fabulous because I generally only get to trip on weekends and someone I did not invite is sure to come by right towards the end.

I drink these "beers" right after I eat my "easy to prepare end of trip hot food" which is the most delicious thing on earth.

Hard liquor would be an absolute NO though.

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
    #10726108 - 07/23/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

IMO its a good mix:thumbup:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies