Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: bugs?!?!
    #18692 - 05/28/00 11:14 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yep you have fungus flys. I got those littel fuckers once. They eat your mushrooms and they lay eggs in the caseing so they eat all of your mushroom in the caseing etc. I never got rid of them all. I added some sticky fly catcher things to in my cooler but the humidity was so high that they after a while they were wet and did not work. in Paul Stamets book he dose mention adding frogs to eat them. "never tryed it though". Personaly I'd try and move the whole lot of them out side and try to grow m there then at leat they have some sort of predatos that will eat them. + I thought I had got rid of them but after 6 months I still find them around they seem to live in my house plants. Good luck..

------------------
"A compassionate
Jedi Master, he is
highly attuned to the
force. But he shuns
consensus and folloes
his own path, despite
the consequences."
From a Taco Bell cup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#18694 - 05/28/00 02:11 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder if there is some safe pesticide I can use.... nicotine f'rinstance.
Ideas?

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #18695 - 05/28/00 02:46 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

what about amanitas? heh its not worth it use them, but it s just a thought

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #18696 - 05/28/00 10:28 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ive had 2 bug probs. My terrarium is on the floor in the basement so theres lots of spiders..ive had a few in there...probly trying to lay eggs. Luckily they eat other harmfull insects and dont actualy feed on the mushrooms. BUT i did have a big fire ant crawling around in my casing..probly becuase of the sugars i used in the substrate.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate