Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Tapestry

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
This is it, The Manifesto * 1
    #1868443 - 08/31/03 03:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A song about joy.

I grew up assuming that everybody was essentially caring and good. As time went on, I grew more and more dejected at the examples of cruelty and indifference that crept up around me with growing frequency. I'm certain many of us were this way, and I'm certain many children today find themselves in this situation ten fold.

My childhood had a lot of upsides. There were some very simple moments in which it was just myself and life, nothing more. Ironically, I think I can say without exaggerating that some of greatest depth I've ever felt was found at the bottom of a murky mud puddle, or in the ripped pages of a discarded TV Guide I discovered on the street when I was eight years old. Those were the times I felt whole. Nothing since has compared. Not the deepest meditation, not the strongest dose of psilocybin mushrooms. I, like everybody else, carry around with me now the constant burden of worry. Worry of injustice and plunder, insecurity, and for the first time in a long while, worry of just how long it will be until I wake up to a radioactive sunrise.

Our youngest generation; I can't imagine the fright of being told that an evil man wants to spray me and my whole family with nerve gas. I can't imagine the fright at the constant looming fear of terrorism that has been loaded into us like a video cassette to a VCR. As a young adult, I can juggle such negative information. A child, though, could not make heads or tails of it, especially not while under the influence of unnecessary prescription methamphetamines. Such horrible images passed through the magnetic reel, fired onto faces of confusion and anguish.

There is no time left to live these days. We step out into the world and are immediately swept up in a frenzy of confusing messages, trying to navigate through competitive traffic while being constantly innundated with the "Greed is Good and God is Dead" mantra of corporate advertising. Every day, we are able to look up into the cloud-streaked sky and find a few reasons to call this the most beautiful thing we've ever seen, but our eyes are locked to the passing white lines on the concrete, our minds centered on our next beer, our next blowjob, our next cigarette, some of us our next toke. Always remembering what we had, always anticipating what we may lose, it seems that rarely are any of us settled in the present.

There is a lot of joy out there. If joy were a substantial material like wax or clay, the whole world would be made out of the stuff. Rather than that, though, it's a flowing energy. It's the force that condenses electrons into atoms, atoms into molecules, molecules into chemicals of solid, liquid, or gaseous states. It's that force which aggregates matter into planets and stars. The force that pushes trees out of the ground, and which thrusts the phenomenon of conciousness into all forms of life. It's that force which paints such wonderful tapestries on the eye of the Hubble. The same force is the one we as a race have attempted to dominate, and as individuals have shut out with thick walls, thick curtains, and thick masks of make-up and jewlery. At some point in time, we came away from that joy. I think it's safe to say that all of us are driven by a basic yearning to return to that sort of timless elasticity of spirit. Some of us can remember it in our youth. I know I can.

I also know it's that same yearning which drew me toward psychedelic drugs, and consequently toward Eastern philosophy. Far too easy it is, though, for these principles to become pious and shallow, sewn to my weaker parts like patches to hide what I'm not proud of; pride being the obstacle I was attempting to overcome to begin with. I don't think I'm alone on this one. S&P is a forum filled with many beautiful, compelling, evocative ideas. There is a tendancy to lose ourselves in them, however. Certainly I struggle to gaurd myself from a lost perspective in favour of comfortably mystical suppositions.

It seems these days that I come away from my S&P postings only with a sad sense of "it never ends."

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: This is it, The Manifesto [Re: Ped]
    #1868446 - 08/31/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

We just gotta keep truckin' man. In the words of Joe Dirt, "Life's a garden, dig it." As long as you're trying to unravel this mess, you'll be alright. Peace.

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: This is it, The Manifesto [Re: chunder]
    #1868602 - 08/31/03 04:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I really enjoyed reading you're post ped, I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'd like to see things change for the better aswell..hopefully sooner than later. It's obviously going to take some time to get this mess cleaned up on every level..but once the ball gets going in our favor, its only going to gain momentum.. Yet the question still stands..When are enough people going to work together to give that ball a shove in the right direction?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: This is it, The Manifesto [Re: ekomstop]
    #1868617 - 08/31/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Very insightful and meaningful words, my friend. :grin:

Not too terribly much that I can add to that, except that the best thing for us to do is live our life in the present, cherish our oppurtunity to experience and be in our surroundings, and I guess to pass it along to others and our own children...

It is possible to live in peace when the rest of the world is in havoc and despair..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1870138 - 09/01/03 03:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:

It seems these days that I come away from my S&P postings only with a sad sense of "it never ends."

oh it will end...

that piano is dreamy.
nice arps.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1871221 - 09/01/03 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

so true so true. and i love the mp3 clip. this is great man. i really appreciated this post :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: This is it, The Manifesto [Re: Ped] * 1
    #1873069 - 09/02/03 02:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think there's a lot to cherish in this new and sometimes painful existance that we were unable to even conceive of as children.

My childhood joys were my most vivid. I was never concerned with anything but what was right in front of me. If I was having a good time exploring the forest, riding my bike, or playing a game, nothing negative existed. Of course, the negative moments were just as extreme, and trivial, temporary things were able to send me into fits. The funny thing was, at the time, the only thing that I really felt was lacking was age. I wanted nothing more than to be an adult.

I have a new kind of appreciation for the world now. I'm still haunted by a worry that I had never felt as a child. I really can't say for certain if I'm less content now overall, or if feelings of nostalgia are clouding my memories.

Sometimes I find myself looking at the most vile and nauseating aspects of human culture and feeling respect. Hatred, pain, worry, and violence exist, and if I can love them just a little bit, maybe I'll be that much happier. Although I'll still stop short at promoting them.

Sorry for any nonsense, I'm drunk.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Tapestry

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology