Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshanghigh
Stranger
Loc: BC - Canada
questionaire from a newbie
    #1866936 - 08/30/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok here is my situation, i have 7 spore sryinges, and i figure for a good result i could innoculate 42 jars (1 sryinge per 6 jars) For the best yield i plan on using the PF Tek, and some form of casing. I'm not too sure what kind of fruiting chamber would be the best. SO what im asking here is, what are some paramneters i should work with when innoculating 42 jars, what kind of fruiting chamber would be ample for that many jars, and if i should be aware of anything when doing so many. If somebody could help me out that would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: shanghigh]
    #1866990 - 08/30/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

why?

are u one who plans to capitolize (aka make money) on a scared fungus?

u dont need 42 jars

i use 6 and thats plenty for personals

OfflineThe_Cultivator
Self ProclaimedGenius

Loc: ethiopia
    #1867001 - 08/30/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

more power too you wit your larg scale cultivation, don't listen too LCid.

but you should reed the faq: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3172

and http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3372

good luck keep me posted on how your doin, send me a privet message
I will help you in any way I can.

--------------------
"So, how long has it been a month?"

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: LCid]
    #1867003 - 08/30/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Shit man. Why so many? You can do what you want on the terrarium. I guess a big ass aqurium. Or four ten gallon aquariums. Good luck thats gonna be a bitch of a project. BTW one syringe is enough to do 8 jars.

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Offlineshanghigh
Stranger
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: LCid]
    #1867065 - 08/30/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well i figure, go big or go home, and its something to keep me busy. I've got many friends who love to eat the magical mushroom, so i guess it would be nice for all of us to have an abundant supply. Thanx for the quick response everybody, if anybody has any other tips that would be great.

Offlinechinacat311
the lizard king

Loc: washington, dc..the sourc...
    #1867579 - 08/31/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if its your first time i would reccomend doing a smaller batch first to get the process down, just so you dont fuck up 42 jars (or 7 syringes)..because i know thats something i would do.

Offlinepsilosimian
was psilomonkey
Loc: UK
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: chinacat311]
    #1867881 - 08/31/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I started growing a couple of months back, and would take chinacat311's advice. You will most likely screw something up the first time, probably get a contam of some sort, or not get the casing right (too thin, too thick, too dry, too wet, wrong PH etc..)

Plus 42 jars is one hell of a lot of pressure cooking, I don't know how many PCs you have, but I only have 1 and I can do 4 jars, 70mins to cook up, same again to cool down. What I would do is work in batches of 6 a few days apart, syringes will keep for a while if stored correctly, this will spread out to workload and leave you will a constant rolling supply. If you space it right you will be taking prints just as you case a new batch.

PS: Thats gonna be a lot of shrooms don't accidentally break you brain :wink:

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1867993 - 08/31/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you can do half as much jars, spawn bulk and get twice as much fruits.
hell, given you have an abundant supply of poo and/or straw, you can just do a dozen jars and still have as much if not more fruits.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineDrippy
Stranger thanmost.

Loc: BC, Canada 'eh
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: psilosimian]
    #1868015 - 08/31/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I would agree with the others, don't do all 42 at pnce. I screwed up my first batch of 12 due to the fact I slightly miss read one step of the MMGG. Anyways I currently have 20 going great. Since I aim to do a 12 at a time I can see how you could easily be doing 42. My PESHaw aren't even pinning and I am already eager to start by PR and have several more prints on the way.....

In the event that you do decide to do all 42 I would really recommend using corn syrup (then you will never run out and will know if you technique is sound before starting the jars). Also I use the paturize and sterilize thechnique. This works awesome and allows you to do more than you could in a PC.

--------------------
My weapon is my mind. Too bad I'm firing blanks.

Offlineshanghigh
Stranger
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: Drippy]
    #1868044 - 08/31/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok i am supppppppppppper content on doing all 42, i can see what everybodies concern is, but i figure its a good learning expierence, and sporelab.com charges very cheap for their sryinges. So here is my question, what teks would you all recoomend i read before i start?

BTW: this has been the most helpfull forum ive EVER been on, and if anybody has any tips for me personally feel free to PM me. THANX.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1868056 - 08/31/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My friend's suggestion is that you choose a good casing tek. Trying to fruit that many cakes would be a major headache, but they would all fit into several nice thick casings without too much trouble.

His personal favorite is coir and verm.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineshanghigh
Stranger
Re: questionaire from a newbie [Re: dog]
    #1868067 - 08/31/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well ive got three different strains comming, 3 B+, 3 Equardor, and 1 Yipa Lai. How Many rubbermaids do you guys suggest to fruit them all in? im going to keep the strains seperate so i know which one i like better.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck