Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSerk
MDMD
***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark....
    #1866822 - 08/30/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I am about to eat some mushies but there is a problem. Growth has halted a couple of days there are not opened heads and half of them are turning black....not exactly black black but from the bright red colour that it was at first now its much darker....and smaller...could it be from excessive humidity...cause some of them have mycelium all over them.
Well i am thinking eating a bunch of them with a friend is it safe?? BTW they are mexican cubensis

Pls reply....I will tell you what happened

--------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PACMAN affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: Serk]
    #1866993 - 08/30/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds to me like they aborted and are rotting. As far as wether its safe or not I dont know. Personaly I would go ahead and eat them (fast). Your just risking some vomiting and nausa at worst I guess.

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1868028 - 08/31/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

eat the ones which's caps are not fully black...... (you can have the black ones too though.. what MOE said is the worst thibg that can happen) And don't drink alcohol.... Or else you'll feel sick the next day IME... And have fun!  :grin:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: ph_plus]
    #1868034 - 08/31/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds loike your temps got too high, they aborted, and reverted back to growing mycelium. There rotting, eat them quick, its gonna be gross.

OfflineHaveABeer420
G.O.D.
Male

Loc: The Carnival of Souls
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: ph_plus]
    #1868037 - 08/31/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

From what my pit bulls told me, if the cap easily pulls away from an abort...don't eat it it's rotten.  :smirk: 

--------------------
I don't charge by the inch I charge by the foot, think I'm lying bitch here take a look...100% U.S.D.A grade A beef, heres my card call me.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: Serk]
    #1868041 - 08/31/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If those black caps feel slimy or leave a residue on your fingers then toss them. Otherwise, chow down.  :laugh: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSerk
MDMD
Re: ***Urgent*** Heads colour is dark.... [Re: dog]
    #1870829 - 09/01/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually I ate some of them and it was great. You are right the temprature was high and they aborted but I still managed to have a good time :laugh: 

--------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if PACMAN affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags