Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield
    #1866519 - 08/30/03 07:15 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Who says the war in Iraq wasn't about oil?  :shake:

I hope  Judicial Watch is a good enough source for everybody.

Quote:

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption and abuse, said today that documents turned over by the Commerce Department, under court order as a result of Judicial Watch?s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit concerning the activities of the Cheney Energy Task Force, contain a map of Iraqi oilfields, pipelines, refineries and terminals, as well as 2 charts detailing Iraqi oil and gas projects, and ?Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts.? The documents, which are dated March 2001, are available on the Internet at: www.JudicialWatch.org.

The Saudi Arabian and United Arab Emirates (UAE) documents likewise feature a map of each country?s oilfields, pipelines, refineries and tanker terminals. There are supporting charts with details of the major oil and gas development projects in each country that provide information on the projects, costs, capacity, oil company and status or completion date.

Judicial Watch has been seeking these documents under FOIA since April 19, 2001. Judicial Watch was forced to file a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (Judicial Watch Inc. v. Department of Energy, et al., Civil Action No. 01-0981) when the government failed to comply with the provisions of the FOIA law. U.S. District Court Judge Paul J. Friedman ordered the government to produce the documents on March 5, 2002.

The documents were produced in response to Judicial Watch?s on-going efforts to ensure transparency and accountability in government on behalf of the American people. Judicial Watch aggressively pursues those goals by making FOIA requests and seeking access to public information concerning government operations. When the government fails to abide by these ?sunshine laws? Judicial Watch files lawsuits in order to obtain the requested information and to hold responsible government officials accountable.

?These documents show the importance of the Energy Task Force and why its operations should be open to the public,? stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

Click here  for Maps and Charts of Iraqi oilfields. (PDF's)

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Edited by SquattingMarmot (08/30/03 07:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewingnutx
Re: Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #1866717 - 08/30/03 08:59 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

An energy task force takes in interest in oilfields? Holy fucking shit, the sky is falling!

Anonymous

Re: Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #1866726 - 08/30/03 09:02 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Who says the war in Iraq wasn't about oil?

i don't think that many thinking people hold that position.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield [Re: ]
    #1866794 - 08/30/03 09:36 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Depends on how you define "about".

"About for whom?" for instance. What was it about for the American people? Well, they sure pushed the "Liberation" angle pretty hard, so apparently that was important to alot of Americans. I know I've read an opion poll article in the local newspaper, and at least one person was quoted as saying that their main concern with the Iraq war was the price of gasoline. So yeah, it was about the oil to some Americans.

I don't know what the war was "about" to the folks in the millitary. Probably mostly "America" and maybe "Freedom" and probably some blind obedience, and pride.

What was it "about" to the Administration? If it was selfish motivations concerning wealth, then how exactly are these people benefitting from it financially? THe Halliburton thing is hardly enough to get worked up about, how much of that money is going to even wind up in the hands of the administration itself? Why else would they be interested in benefitting from attacking another country if they themselves do not proffit from it personally? Sure, they know some of the people that are going to benefit from it.

Is it ego? Do they just want to leave a big footprint before they go? Make their places in history. Maybe they honestly thought they were doing good, and they might have.

--------------------

OfflineJahMon
Stranger
Re: Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield [Re: ]
    #1866806 - 08/30/03 09:41 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

What, there's actually someone who doubts we're in Afghanistan and Iraq for the oil? Are ya jokin' Mon? If it were otherwise, why did we take control of the oil first thing, upon our arrival in Iraq? Let the people we're "liberating" rape, pillage, and burn while we're off securing the oil fields. Ya, sure.

OfflineJahMon
Stranger
Re: Cheney Energy Task Force Docs Feature Maps of Iraqi Oilfield [Re: JahMon]
    #1866814 - 08/30/03 09:48 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

What was it about for the American people? Well, they sure pushed the "Liberation" angle pretty hard, so apparently that was important to alot of Americans.

Important to the Americans was to not question anything and blindly goosestep in unison to the beat of the drum.

I don't know what the war was "about" to the folks in the millitary. Probably mostly "America" and maybe "Freedom" and probably some blind obedience, and pride.

Ditto, obviously.

What was it "about" to the Administration?

How about just plain old American Imperialism. Make the world safe for a little Imperialistic, Wealth accumulating, World-be-damned "Democracy." Ay?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion