Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans.
    #1865971 - 08/30/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Greatone
I just drove by a property that is having the equivalent of 2 football fields or more worth of NEW TURF, installed. If they don't apply fungicide, I think this might be the motherload. Upwards of 2000-10000 fruits potential.
Crossing fingers for the NO Fungicide.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinenewAK
Loc: Alaska
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: ]
    #1865992 - 08/30/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck! Crossing my fingers for you!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1866234 - 08/30/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, they dont grow in every lawn, and it usually takes a few years for the lawn to create the shroomies..good luck man

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1866251 - 08/30/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Couldnt this have been discussed in a PM? :tongue: hehe

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1866280 - 08/30/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

teonan, 'do ya got any pictures of the spores of those mushrooms?

Anonymous

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1867372 - 08/30/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This fungus hates old lawns.  It is being imported with the turf.  It is but a fraction of what it was at planting, after only a month.  After that you are lucky to find 10 on the same property that was producing hundreds+.

Let me explain what I have so far. 

First find was over two years ago on NEW TURF imported into my condo association.  It disappeared after only two fruitings, and has not returned. Saved only prints.

Next I recieved a print labled domestic print of Florida Cop. cyanescens from Mr.G.  It turned out to not be a Copelandia, but it was a Panaeolus of some sort.  It showed no bluing, and I put it away.  Took no prints, but saved specimens. On a side note, you might remember MR.G talking about picking at turf farms.

This year at the shroomery, you started talking alot about your possible caster.  I noticed that some new turf had been planted at a property near by. I decided to look.  There they were, more then I could count.  Kept specimens.

Found some more on New turf planted at my brothers house.  Very little turf in bad condition, but still produced a few fruits.  Have specimens.

Viewed all of the spores and gills of each of these collections, and they all are the same.  Even though Macroscopically they had some different looks, but overall similarity.

Decided to recheck the Mr.G domestic cyan specimens and low and behold, they are the same as all of these.  But they have turned blue in storage since may 2002.

I have found a few here and there,in between, on old turf.  But nothing even remotely like New turf transplanted from unknown Turf farms selling to the Landscapers down here.  The more direct the route from Turf farm to Landscape, the Better the fruitings.  Any Sod that doesn't come directly from the turf farm, i.e sits at a middle mans location, doesn't produce, or doesn't produce well.

All of this leads me to believe that Certain Turf Farms in Florida have large colonies of this mycelium in the soil.  Kept alive by Turf Farming, and it's fungi condusive conditions.  The turf is picked up and transplanted to new areas, and these pieces of mycelial colonized turf fruit, until the turf establishes.  Some fruitings result in succesful small colonies being established, year to year.  But the majority of the mycelium dies off, in the less then perfect environment of alot of Florida landscapes.

You seem to find them in High end Landscapes(Rich Folks properties with irrigation and fertilization). But you are only finding Small colonies.  Nothing compared to this transplanted New Turf.

Have you checked any NEW TURF?  Check in several different properties, because different companies get there turf from different FARMS.  I don't think all of the farms have this fungus, or some are knocking it back as a by product of Fungicide application for Turf pathogens.

I will take some picks of the microscopic features.

They fruited on mixed compost(farm manure:wood shavings).  They get really tall, like alot of pans, are skinny, with small bell shaped caps.  No bluing detected when they were first picked, and dried.  Only after being in storage.  Psilocybin, no Psilocin?

I don't know if we are picking the same shroom.  I just am pretty confident we are!!!  Once you see a fruiting in NEW TURF, you will see.

Keeping fingers crossed for this property that is 100 X the size of the last. 

Here is my mental image.  1 in 20 pieces of sod with 1-3 fruits in it.  2+ football fields full of sod.  Sod is under trees, in the open, along paths, tucked up against a lake.  Afternoon and evening showers.  :tongue:

Or all this turf without a single Fruit!!!

I feel lucky!!!

At least I KNOW which company is laying this Sod.

Pics to come of the micros.  God willing, some serious macros as well.

Anonymous

#1867471 - 08/31/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1868035 - 08/31/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, ive looked on new 'turf'.
-ive looked clear across the whole town for these shrooms.
-i find them growing in new places all the time.

the fastest i have seen them come up from newly laid sod was 1 year.

and for the most part, the lawns take about 3 years for them to be conditioned for fruiting.

Quote:

They fruited on mixed compost(farm manure:wood shavings). They get really tall, like alot of pans, are skinny, with small bell shaped caps. No bluing detected when they were first picked, and dried. Only after being in storage. Psilocybin, no Psilocin?

-id love to see a picture of that!!!!
-they seem to lose almost all of their potency after drying, but they are indeed psychoactive when freshly picked.

GG

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1868338 - 08/31/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Have you bioassayed any of these mushrooms??

Quote:

No bluing detected when they were first picked, and dried. Only after being in storage

-this observation seems to contradict what it is i have found..
-can you explain the bluing in better detail??
-have you ever seen one of the caps bruise blue? or just the base of the stems mycelium?

-The way that you describe the 'fresh turf' reminds me a lot of where and how Copelandia chlorostysis is found;
Here is the link to the Copelandia chlorostysis papers;
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=

What other panaeolus mushrooms would you consider to be finding?

GGreatOne234

Anonymous

#1868349 - 08/31/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I jsut reworked several specimens last night, and have some corrections to make.

The Mr.G domestic cyan is exactly that. A Cop. cyan with extremely infrequent cystidia. I missed them with the first mount.

The other collections appear to be a mixed bag. The one at my brothers house is different then the ones picked at other locations.

As of now, I have two different lawn specimens that look extremely similar macroscopically, but have differing spores and slightly different cheliocystidia, both have no pleurocystidia that are visible (larger then basidia).

It's weird that they act so differently from your location to mine. Hopefully this new property will fruit, and I can show you pics of the macros.

Will post pics of spores of various specimens tonight.

Anonymous

#1868371 - 08/31/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There not chlorocystis.

Lawn shrooms:
Yes some have blued on the cap, and they seem to blue up more in storage. I haven't eaten any of them.

Mr.G cultivated:
Are Cop.cyans. Just a really degenerated strain. Infrequent cystidia, this seems to be the product of bringing them indoors for many generations.( found infrequent cystidia in the Hawaiian domestic strain as well).

Weird thing about this cop. cyan is it is different from the Wild Mr.G trop, the domestic trops, and the Florida cyan. Larger cystidia, with green apex!!! 4-spored still.

I am getting more and more confused the more I look at all these Pans/Copes.

Nothing seems to be very consistent.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1868440 - 08/31/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yes some have blued on the cap, and they seem to blue up more in storage.

wow, i have picked thousands from Sarasota/Manatee counties and never ever have i observed bluing on the caps~!
-and of all of the ones i have picked and then dried, the bluing at the base of the stems basically disappears once dried.

GG

OfflineInca
Fungus Lover
    #1868477 - 08/31/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I know you said the are not these but check it out. Mj had posted these in the past. Hope they help :smile: 

--------------------
Did i mention....I Love Fungus

OfflineInca
Fungus Lover
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: Inca]
    #1868495 - 08/31/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There is a couple more pages but the server said i reached my upload limit for the day :frown:

Peace,
Inca 

--------------------

OfflineInca
Fungus Lover
    #1868518 - 08/31/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Teonan said:
There not chlorocystis. green apex. 4-spore

It's says thay  chlorocystis is 2-spored with a deep green apex of the metuloids. Hmm...  :shake: I dunno...new discovery :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineInca
Fungus Lover
    #1868553 - 08/31/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It would be nice if you guys have actually discovered a new species. Teonan get back to that microscope :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1868690 - 08/31/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The bluing is very mild. Not every specimen, and usually the bluing is only noticable at cracks in the cap, or along the margin.

I wouldn't get to excited. It is not substantial.

After putting them back under the scope, I am very nervous about munching any, because there appears to be multiple species? I don't want to make a mistake.

Anonymous

#1868724 - 08/31/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Green colored Cystidia are not unique to Chlorocystis. Many of the Copelandia in circulation have green cystidia in the apical region.

I was under the impression that the entire Metuloid is green in chlorocystis. Which would make it unique!!! Along with the 2- spored basidia, and habitat.

Anonymous

#1869908 - 09/01/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Specimen 1
spores 13.75 X 8.75 microns

Specimen 2
spores 15 X 8.75 microns

Anonymous

#1871661 - 09/01/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder