Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: ]
    #1945917 - 09/23/03 10:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Teonan  :heart: :grin:

I've sent these to several people. Surprises me you never got any yet.

I want to get them to you, and i will.

I will PM you some more personal information, in a few minutes.

I've been wanting to get them to you, but  :lol: I keep eating them all everytime i find them.
-And not enough to even trip on really.

Me me me, anyways, actually i took a while looking today,
(The Weather Is starting to feel very Shroomy again!!)

Didn't find any today though, but i saw plenty of the Conocybes popping up, so, this is a good sign, maybe tommorrow a few of the pans will pop up and say hello to me.

**Also on a side note**
-I was finding various mushrooms today, one of the finds was a perfect cluster of the Ringless Honey Mushroom.

I'll get back to you in PM.

Sorry if i'm muckin the post up with these blurry ideas about other shrooms.

GG 

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1949575 - 09/24/03 10:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yea tenoan be sure to post the results of your investigation on here, itll be fun as hell.

i think Kimbrough would be a great place to start. from his book, i have gotten a good impression of him, if that is place to get an impression from. i have read about him in other place. i recommend him for this journey. as always i will help and wish to help in any way possible to get this research furthered.

good luck to everyone.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1955666 - 09/26/03 10:19 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

so whats up with this, we gotta start doing something to get this going. let me know what you all think because im new to this!

Anonymous

#1959843 - 09/28/03 04:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I am trying to create a picture book of all the identifying characteristics to be able to go to a Herbarium and request a look at the type collections for comparison. I think it will be alot easier to get help if all the work is already done, and it is presentable in a legal fashion.IE I am not in possesion of Funny mushrooms. Just a bunch of pictures and measurements already recorded.

They are still growing like mad down here. The property now has at least a few specimens coming from all sections of turf. Some sections are MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE. Still can find at least a couple of hundred any day of the week, regardless of the height of the grass, or the temperatures. Some of the newest turf is getting ready to fruit like mad. It is only a week old and already has a few fruits. Todays specimens were nice. Some short fat, wide capped specimens and one really tall thin specimen, like 7 inches tall.

Any one living in Florida please search out new turf, about one week to one month old, or nice well maintained lawns for this mushroom. Please PM if you find any, and save at least one specimen for ID. Need the gill fragments.

Mushroom is growing from soil and turf, ST.Augustine grass. Not manure.

Offlinecalishrooms
prodigy
    #1960951 - 09/28/03 10:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i live about 10 minutes south of san mateo and on many occasions have i found these. Today I went looking after all this hot weather we've been having and found about 20+ on various lawns, all have been well watered. I'm going to take pictures of the specimens along with sporepints, measurements, and the charateristics of this mushroom. I have always stumbled upon them but have never eaten them because I kind want a complete chemical breakdown. Yes they obviously are a member of the panaeolis family. But what... I have always thought there resembled pan. foes. as i think was already mentioned.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: calishrooms]
    #1963703 - 09/29/03 08:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

where is san mateo?

Offlinecalishrooms
prodigy
    #1964282 - 09/29/03 11:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i meant san fransisco by san mateo my mistake

Anonymous

#2053994 - 10/29/03 05:13 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Picked 1 in 3 today and came home with fifty specimens. We just had some back to back rain days so I figured I would check out the property.

Was very slow first two weeks of october, but a lawn mower followed by some rain raised them again.

Anonymous

#2304386 - 02/05/04 12:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Found six specimens on some recently installed turf in a publix parking lot, yesterday. We had a good rain , and they popped up.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2304550 - 02/05/04 01:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Teonan,

I was out there a few days ago looking in a albertsons parking lot with newly laid sod. I found a bunch of Agrocybes but none of the Panaeolus.

They should start popping up very-soon! March is just around the corner and i usually find the most of them during that month.

I'll have pics and prints once they do!~
-Got any pictures of the six you found?
-Did any of them blue at the base of the stems?

This is the year of the new Panaeolus mushroom.
-This time i won't let them get away from me.

Yeah, we've a decent amount of continuous rains lately, and fog and humidity also.
-I think it's supposed to get colder this weekend but they say it will also rain again.

I'll take a quick look again today for some of them.

GG

Anonymous

#2304761 - 02/05/04 02:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't take pics. It was a suprise find going to buy groceries. They were the typical ones from last year. Occasional bluing at base.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #2307267 - 02/06/04 01:05 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thos exact shrooms where growing in my backyard up here in seattle.

At the time i was like... WTF are these... they cant be. Well anyways then i wasn't familiar with shroomery so didn't ask. Anyways i picked them all and brought them down to my friends house. I had a giant zip lock bad full of them. They where just growing EVERYWHERE!

Anyways i took spore prints... they where a dark black...Still we where cautious on weather to take them or not... they just didnt seem like the mushrooms we usually ate.

So we sat down, smoked a joint took a second look at the big ass bag and said FUCK IT. Better safe then sorry. So it went in the trash and that was the end of that.

I made a BIG mistake didn't I?

Where these acually shrooms. I mean the pictures you have posted are EXACLY!!!! what they looked like. They had the cap that had the light brown discoloration at the top and the dark rim. And the thin super light brown stem. These didnt really bruse though! Well anyways... yea thats my story.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Anonymous

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2308322 - 02/06/04 01:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Be very careful.

There is a whole group of very closly related mushrooms with this appearance. None should be poisonous, but you never know.

This mushroom seems to be unique to coastal areas of south florida. Paul stametes mentions a similar mushroom growing in your area, but does not give details.

They are weakly active at best, and caution would be advised.

If you find them growing again, this year, please save at least a single specimen, dry it, and give me a private message.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #2314736 - 02/08/04 04:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

They where only around for a couple of weeks and then they disapeared. The thing is that they where growing in the backyard of my old home... which i no longer live in any more. I think one reason of there disapearence was one.. i picked alot and the other was my dog would eat them... i could never tell if he was fucked up because he was always be fucked up with me...(stoner/alcoholic dog) My friend who saw these mushrooms along with me though does still live very near. Ill tell him to go pick a couple and get some accurate pictures. Im telling you though that the pictures on this thread are EXACLY what they looked like... i can't find a single difference, but who knows.

Also if this makes a difference... they where growing in my grass which was pretty new and put in when i first moved in. They would grow in somewhat little patches all over... not like cubensis grow almost right together but a slight seperation between the shrooms in each patch.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2336736 - 02/15/04 10:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey T,

Found one just a little while ago outside.
-I haven't picked it yet.

I'm going to have a walk around today and try to find somemore!~

Keep shroomin,
I'll get some pics up later hopefully,
GG

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2342576 - 02/16/04 07:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I found three specimens growing on a lawn about two weeks ago I think. They were surprisingly robust. I looked in some of my other lawn Pan spots but didn't find any others. I dried the three specimens.

Anonymous

#2346749 - 02/17/04 06:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

PM me for an addy to mail to.  I only need one :grin:

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2386407 - 02/28/04 12:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a find of Florida pans from the end of last week. I found a few growing in the same spot today after the rains.

the whole bunch of them. White corrected and slightly brightened.

And here are several closer up. White-corrected.

They are uncommonly strongly brown-hued, even the gills in older age. I almost thought they were P. foenisecii, although there morphology is a bit different. The spore print confirmed they were not. This group was found on a very-well tended lawn that was fluffy in the feet. Presumably it is "thatched" or something like that. This all I have found of the pans, none of my other spots produced.

As I said in my pm Tenoan, I'll send you specimen of the 3 shroom find before that, or some of these that I found growing in the same spot today.

Bye Bye!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2386620 - 02/28/04 03:09 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :alert:

Niiicee :laugh:rools:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2386621 - 02/28/04 03:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

They're so nice looking, i'd like to eat them all.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder