Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippy_Penguin
 User Gallery

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: BloodKil]
    #18659519 - 08/04/13 04:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I agree Bloodkil, however when there is clear use of copy and pasting, giving some credit is necessary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletbagtag
Boomer Barron

Loc: Amsterdam Flag
    #18659730 - 08/04/13 05:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BloodKil said:
Glad credit was given and all, but at the same time it's kinda like apple suing for other manufacturers making phones in a candy bar shape...  The same list has been compiled many times guys and no matter what order you put it in your going to end up with the same basic supplies needed.  (It would take me an hour per post to have to look up where I read what info and give credit for it every time)

You guys both have great lists/posts, and each is unique in some parts...  No need to fight. :wink:

BK- I dont want you thinking I am being a dick, here is the thread where he asked for help, step by step, and a full list.  In here you can see where I offered help, pointed him to my thread and he thanks me.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18653111

That is why I got offended when it was a copy and paste from a thread where I am intentionally slowing down my process to help others.

I think the idea for Moon's thread is a great idea, but I can hope now knowing some the additional backstory you can understand why I was a little butt hurt. 

@ Moon, apology accepted, I know you're new and there is a learning curve.  Feel free to leave the list up.  I appreciate you taking the high road instead of starting some flame war like other newbies on the site have.  Keep learning, keep reading and feel free to post whatever you like.  I will still help you when I can if it is something I know.  There are no hard feelings on my part.

Back @ BK: Also, not to sound snooty, but when I have used someones tek I made sure I listed them by screen name.  They took the time out to help me why shouldn't I thank them?  I also ensure I give ratings, and have sent private PM's in thanks.  It's the least I can do for those that have helped random strangers.

Edited by tbagtag (08/04/13 05:35 PM)

OfflineMoonsparrow
Psychedelic Explorer

Loc: USA
Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: tbagtag]
    #18659759 - 08/04/13 05:38 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tbagtag said:
Quote:

BloodKil said:
Glad credit was given and all, but at the same time it's kinda like apple suing for other manufacturers making phones in a candy bar shape...  The same list has been compiled many times guys and no matter what order you put it in your going to end up with the same basic supplies needed.  (It would take me an hour per post to have to look up where I read what info and give credit for it every time)

You guys both have great lists/posts, and each is unique in some parts...  No need to fight. :wink:

BK- I dont want you thinking I am being a dick, here is the thread where he asked for help, step by step, and a full list.  In here you can see where I offered help, pointed him to my thread and he thanks me.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18653111

That is why I got offended when it was a copy and paste from a thread where I am intentionally slowing down my process to help others.

I think the idea for Moon's thread is a great idea, but I can hope now knowing some the additional backstory you can understand why I was a little butt hurt. 

@ Moon, apology accepted, I know you're new and there is a learning curve.  Feel free to leave the list up.  I appreciate you taking the high road instead of starting some flame war like other newbies on the site have.  Keep learning, keep reading and feel free to post whatever you like.  I will still help you when I can if it is something I know.  There are no hard feelings on my part.

Yes tbag. I am sorry bud, I totally copy and pasted your list... lol. It was 100% plagarized, I didn't mean for the thread to be seen so bluntly. I just was in a rush to make this thread so i could remember where i left off in researching and learning.  I am just learning and just joined this site. I am doing this for myself, and so other people can do this too, makes it quicker for them and I when I get back online. I would gladly learn from you for I have not grown AT ALL yet. and hopefully can join in on the follow up grow. Thanks bud

--------------------

"You see, we are capabale of such beautiful dreams and horrible nightmares, and you feel so alone, but you are not. We have found that the only thing that cures this feeling is each other."

OfflineTrippy_Penguin
 User Gallery

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: Moonsparrow]
    #18659772 - 08/04/13 05:40 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I think we can all agree that you have now been forgiven. Let's let this thread go somewhere productive now :laugh:

Invisibletbagtag
Boomer Barron

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: Trippy_Penguin]
    #18659880 - 08/04/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

petersodm said:
I think we can all agree that you have now been forgiven. Let's let this thread go somewhere productive now :laugh:

Exactly it's all good.  So from what you have studied up on what seems the most confusing/difficult at all,  assuming that there is anything at all.

OfflineMemphisDisco
Stranger

#18659923 - 08/04/13 06:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've got a question to get this headed somewhere productive!  I did some BRF cakes in the wrong size jars (awesome noob move I know) so i had to cut them out and decided to jump to a monotub.  I used Damion5050's coir tek that was referenced by the OP.  I mixed it up as best as I could with the coir and then I covered with a top layer of coir.  My question is will the whole thing colonize so I will know when it is done?  I am worried I may have added too much coir for that top layer.  There are some spots where myc is popping through but is it bad if i put too much coir on top or will it just take longer to colonize.  Thanks!

Invisibletbagtag
Boomer Barron

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: MemphisDisco]
    #18659935 - 08/04/13 06:10 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Were the brf jars fully inoculated or did you have to remove uncolonized parts?

How many quarts of coir was used and how deep is the substrate?

How much spawn was used?

Edit:  Moon, I hope you don't think that I am hijacking your thread.  This  falls under mono's and you will see the question about BRF spawned mono's every so often the longer you're on here.

Edited by tbagtag (08/04/13 06:24 PM)

Invisibletbagtag
Boomer Barron

#18660008 - 08/04/13 06:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

This post was a glitch.  Making some edits and this appeard.  My bad.

Edited by tbagtag (08/04/13 06:33 PM)

OfflineBloodKil
Mangler av era mödrar slida
 User Gallery

#18660064 - 08/04/13 06:45 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Sry tbag, wasn't trying to come off as saying your being a dick...  Was half ass joking around and also pointing out that unless some big revolution comes into play with monotubs that most teks will incorporate the same list (but possibly in different order)

Plus I've been mixing my cough syrup with gin again...:wink:  so don't take anything I say too seriously.  (2 cups of that purple stuff got me buzzing)

Invisibletbagtag
Boomer Barron

#18660078 - 08/04/13 06:49 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BloodKil said:
Sry tbag, wasn't trying to come off as saying your being a dick...  Was half ass joking around and also pointing out that unless some big revolution comes into play with monotubs that most teks will incorporate the same list (but possibly in different order)

Plus I've been mixing my cough syrup with gin again...:wink:  so don't take anything I say too seriously.  (2 cups of that purple stuff got me buzzing)

It's all good. In reflection I could have handled it better. I can admit that especially when the OP shows that they really are interested in the greater good and not their own benefit. Sometimes all this is hard to express via posts when there is no inflection.

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #18660139 - 08/04/13 07:05 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:werd: Communication with post can be quite tricky when so much of the way we communicate is done by body gestures and voice tone

OfflineMemphisDisco
Stranger

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: Stromrider]
    #18660579 - 08/04/13 08:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

yea i wasn't trying to jack the thread, thought it was a relevant question.

the cakes were fully colonized
i used all 12 cakes and mixed it with coir to be about 3 inches deep and then 1 inch of coir by itself on top if I have to guess

The coir verm mix I just took damion5050's tek for 7 quart jars and tried to do some math for the amount of spawn I had.  It was about 1/3-1/2 a brick

OfflineMoonsparrow
Psychedelic Explorer

#18660768 - 08/04/13 09:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tbagtag said:

How much spawn was used?

Edit:  Moon, I hope you don't think that I am hijacking your thread.  This  falls under mono's and you will see the question about BRF spawned mono's every so often the longer you're on here.

Quote:

tbagtag said:

How much spawn was used?

The more you help the more i learn lol. Feel free to help anyone on this thread. Ill keep edititng it as more knowledge comes along and hopefully one day innovate my own experience. I currently have zero :laugh:

--------------------

"You see, we are capabale of such beautiful dreams and horrible nightmares, and you feel so alone, but you are not. We have found that the only thing that cures this feeling is each other."

OfflineMoonsparrow
Psychedelic Explorer

Re: ALL you need to know about Growing Monotub Bulk Mushrooms [For Beginners and Enthusiasts] [Re: Moonsparrow]
    #18694250 - 08/12/13 02:29 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

almost complete

--------------------

InvisiblePestile

Loc: Northern Europe
Re: ALL you need to know about Growing Monotub Bulk Mushrooms [For Beginners and Enthusiasts] [Re: Moonsparrow]
    #18728697 - 08/19/13 05:19 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Nice collection. I like it. :thumbup:

--------------------

The Corbett Report
Open Source Intelligence News

OfflineDjchrist
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: ALL you need to know about Growing Monotub Bulk Mushrooms [For Beginners and Enthusiasts] [Re: Pestile]
    #18730940 - 08/20/13 04:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Bookmarked

Offlinetigerland
Master of his Domain
 User Gallery

Loc: Neverland
Re: ALL you need to know about Growing Monotub Bulk Mushrooms [Reference Guide Beg. and Enthusiasts] [Re: Moonsparrow]
    #19919437 - 04/29/14 11:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

thank you great bundle of info

--------------------
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
- Harvey Dent

Cotton Compost - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20124617/fpart/1/vc/1

OfflineNuggernaut
Stranger
Re: ALL you need to know about Growing Monotub Bulk Mushrooms [Reference Guide Beg. and Enthusiasts] [Re: tigerland]
    #20593155 - 09/20/14 03:12 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Seriously ^ great info. Thank you!

OfflineSmokey B
meditator
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa (Cape Town)
Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: Nuggernaut]
    #20599656 - 09/22/14 01:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks allot , this really helps :thumbup:

--------------------
“This is a society, a world, a planet dying because there is not enough consciousness, because there is not enough awareness, enough coordination of intent-to-problem. And yet, we spend vast amounts of money stigmatizing people and substances that are part of this effort to expand consciousness, see things in different ways, unleash creativity. Isn’t it perfectly clear that business as usual is a bullet through the head?”
– Terence McKenna

InvisibleE.FTS
Male

Re: [Beginner's] Monotub Grow Research [For the Lost Beginners] [Re: Smokey B]
    #20599816 - 09/22/14 03:19 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Its a thread with a lot of really good teks/links. :thumbup:

These actually help more than people think. Like 'how frank gets shit done'. Its a library of solid info, without UTSF, which tends to lead to outdated info IMO.

bookmarked.

EDIT: very well put together as well. +5 for that.

Edited by E.FTS (09/22/14 03:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract