Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomfred
Cosmic Tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Alpha Centauri System
Just moved to Scandanavia... ID help! :)
    #18637895 - 07/31/13 09:07 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hello Shroomery!

So I just moved to Eastern Scandinavia. The other day some friends wanted to go out into the forest to pick berries and mushrooms. Of course my interest peeked when they mentioned they wanted to search for mushrooms... of course! :wink:

Walking through the forest we encountered many different types of mushrooms, but none that we could easily ID on the fly. I don't have any pictures because my phone was dead at the time...

I'm curious as to what I should keep an eye out for this time of year? I looked at the list on Wiki and it seems like there are many different types of mushrooms here that "work".

We found some red mushrooms, white mushrooms, tan mushrooms... and even these little brown/gold cap mushrooms that looked quite similar to mushrooms I've had before. My friend even played a joke on me and said that these red mushrooms were "kinda plain tasting but edible as they were"... so I took a bite and oh how horrible that thing tasted, so our mushroom hunting kind of came to a halt as we were both not so sure about which nice mushrooms to keep. At least it was a fun walk around the forest, none the less.

Can somebody give me some insight on what to look out for exactly, and when would be the best time to look? I know about these liberty caps that grow in grass... but from what I have read those a

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Just moved to Scandanavia... ID help! :) [Re: mushroomfred]
    #18637944 - 07/31/13 09:16 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

Re: Just moved to Scandanavia... ID help! :) [Re: Anglerfish]
    #18637972 - 07/31/13 09:22 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Your best bet atm. is Panaeolus cinctulus, and for the mid august you want to check some libs in pastures.

Have a nice time in Sweden.

Offlinemushroomfred
Cosmic Tripper
 User Gallery

Re: Just moved to Scandanavia... ID help! :) [Re: Mikael]
    #18637992 - 07/31/13 09:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Ah... I've been looking in forest ground cover. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks! =]

--------------------

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#18638027 - 07/31/13 09:39 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, forests are full of amanitas, but I leave them there. P.silvatica/medullosa grows in forests but they are rare species. P.semis are easiest to find and id.

Edited by Mikael (07/31/13 09:39 AM)

Offlinemushroomfred
Cosmic Tripper
 User Gallery

Re: Just moved to Scandanavia... ID help! :) [Re: Mikael]
    #18638192 - 07/31/13 10:16 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, that really cleared things up. I looked up effects of the forest amanitas and they don't look nice at all lol.

--------------------

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
    #18638742 - 07/31/13 12:09 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

In the forst we have pluteus salicinus and gymnopilus junonius, but I doubt you will find them.
Panaeolus cinctulus grows on piles of horse dung and manured grass.
Conocybe cyanopus/smithii on grass and can be found now, but those are very rare.
The season for Psilocybe semilanceata are a some weeks away.

So... you and your friends should search for edibles instead. Chanterelles, most boletes and russula (the red one you said tasted foul might have been a Russula emetica which is one of the few russulas that are not edible), also look for some lactarius species (l. volemus, l. deliciosus. l. deterrimus), etc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds