Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
ive got a weird cake
    #1863719 - 08/29/03 09:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok. I innoculated some 8 cakes on june 28th, 1 passed away of the cobwebb, 6 were birthed betwenn 20 and 30 days and did a great job. And one didnt get birthed untill about 7 days ago, It took that long to colonize, almost 60 days. So now it overgrew half of the top double ended casing tech with hypnal nots. It has rhizoplazmic growth out the ass and hasnt had any pins. Its odd, has anybody ever had this problem? Im talking about spooning a thin layer of moist verm onto the top of the cake and in about 4 dats, half of that was overgrown with these big mycelatic bumps, rhizo fingers covering this thing and I dont think any of them are pins. Is this bitch about to make the fruit of a life time? Or not shit? :confused:

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWizzang
Deviant

Re: ive got a weird cake [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1864524 - 08/30/03 02:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well if it has tons of primordia/hyphal knots then I would think that you should just wait it out. Just make sure you got the right temperature, air exchange and humidity. It will most likely be fine.

edit: btw did you dunk it after birthing it? I'm sure it could be mighty dry after colonizing for so long.

--------------------
I was once a man I used to know
He changed into a man I have been
And became the man I am today

Edited by Wizzang (08/30/03 02:31 AM)

Offlinegldtn
Stranger
Re: ive got a weird cake [Re: Wizzang]
    #1864640 - 08/30/03 03:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thats a pretty long time, and like Wizz said, "..make sure you got the right temperature, air exchange and humidity.." All these are a factor that could slow things down. Also make sure that the hyphal knots are not aborts which maybe in the way of the others primordia forming.

good luck, =)

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Air exchange test [Re: gldtn]
    #1865396 - 08/30/03 12:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Well if it has tons of primordia/hyphal knots then I would think that you should just wait it out. Just make sure you got the right temperature, air exchange and humidity. It will most likely be fine.

This is something I've been wondering about for a while: is there a way to test if the air exchange being provided is adequate? Too much air exchange, and it becomes impossible to keep humidity up, so is there an air exchange test to ensure adequate oxygen is being provided?

Cheers :grin:

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: Air exchange test [Re: OJK]
    #1865593 - 08/30/03 01:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i had a frosty cake with rhizo fingers then >it didnt pin ..and got cobwed..and now smells like sour!

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1865768 - 08/30/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Don't sweat it. PRs do this all the time. Do the growths look something like these?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: ive got a weird cake [Re: Magash]
    #1866841 - 08/30/03 10:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yes magman they look just like that! but there covering about 1/4 of the top of the cake, but yeah they look just like that

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1867532 - 08/31/03 02:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Don't sweat it the shrooms grow right threw the growths. Takes a little longer to start but are pretty much normal.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation