Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineleon trout
Estimated Prophet
Male

Loc: The Timbers of Fennario
DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days * 1
    #18634512 - 07/30/13 03:33 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days

A college student mistakenly left in a Drug Enforcement Administration interrogation room for five days will receive $4.1 million from the government in a settlement in advance of a lawsuit.

The settlement was announced Tuesday in San Diego by the student, Daniel Chong, 25, and his lawyer, Eugene Iredale.

"It was an accident, a really bad, horrible accident," said Chong, who added that he now suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.

The bizarre event in April 2012 began when Chong, an engineering student at UC San Diego, went to a house near campus to smoke marijuana with friends and found himself swept up in a DEA raid.

After being questioned briefly at the DEA facility in San Diego, he was told he would be released. But, for reasons that remain unclear, he was left for five days in a 5-by-10-foot windowless room without food, water or toilet facilities.

He suffered hallucinations and was forced to drink his urine to survive. He screamed for help.

Fearing he would die, he broke his glasses and scrawled the message, “Sorry, mom” on his arm.

When he was discovered by DEA employees, he was covered in his own feces and severely dehydrated. He was rushed to a hospital, close to kidney failure and breathing with difficulty. He spent five days in the hospital.

Days later, a top DEA official apologized to Chong and ordered an “extensive review” of DEA procedures.

“I extend my deepest apologies [to] the young man and want to express that this event is not indicative of the high standards that I hold my employees to,” said William R. Sherman, who was acting special agent in charge of the DEA’s San Diego Division.

No charges were filed against Chong, whose attorney had said he intended to file a $20-million lawsuit against the federal government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebolton-liberty-cap
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: leon trout]
    #18634598 - 07/30/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

WOW...just...WOW...that is all

--------------------
drugs to try: LSD,, Mushrooms, Ketamine AMT, 25C-NBOMe, MDMA, MXE, DMT, Ayahuasca, Salvia, Mescaline, 2C-I, 2C-C, 2C-E, DOC, 4-ACO-DMT, MDA, 4-ACO-MiPT, AL-LAD, 1P-LSD

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: bolton-liberty-cap]
    #18634622 - 07/30/13 03:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Glad they didnt just brush it off as ignorance and im so glad he got a settlement. I remember reading this story a while ago and it made me sick.

DC

--------------------
The Real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgiveable
Is the violence that we do to ourselves
When we are too afraid to be, who we really are.

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: bolton-liberty-cap]
    #18634637 - 07/30/13 03:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I heard about that awhile back on here, and Im glad this is the result.

but man... only 5 days of hell to come home with 4.1 million in ur wallet. Im down.

edit: i realize that what i just said is mean and unsympathetic and im realizing that it was an extremely catastrophic thing that happened to him. sorry. im just high but im feeling really guilty.

Edited by blitzd (07/30/13 05:56 PM)

Offlineleon trout
Estimated Prophet
Male

Loc: The Timbers of Fennario
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: blitzd]
    #18634653 - 07/30/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blitzd said:
only 5 days of hell to come home with 4.1 million in ur wallet. Im down.

no doubt...

--------------------
I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I’m more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.” 
  ~ St. Jerome of Marin
:gd_icon:the bus come by & i got on, that's when it all began:gd_icon:

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: blitzd]
    #18634658 - 07/30/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Idk man, 5 days in a windowless cell with no water food or facilities. IDK if I could do that,  PTSD is almost guaranteed with this kind of situation.

DC

--------------------
The Real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgiveable
Is the violence that we do to ourselves
When we are too afraid to be, who we really are.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

#18634743 - 07/30/13 04:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blitzd said:
but man... only 5 days of hell to come home with 4.1 million in ur wallet. Im down.

Seriously? 
You think have PTSD for your whole life is worth receiving 4.1 million dollars?
No amount of money is worth your mental stability.
Life isn't about money, bro.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: leon trout]
    #18634801 - 07/30/13 04:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah.  Fuck the DEA.  Incompetent assholes.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18634815 - 07/30/13 04:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Bleh ill just take some MDMA before going into PTSD therapy.. ill be fine :smile:

heck id suck a dick for $2000... lol

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#18635042 - 07/30/13 05:21 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Its bizarre that he's alive after going 5 days without water

Also bizarre that he was covered in his own shit when they found him... unless he pooped himself a near death stupor (which is what I'm hoping happened). 5 days without water is fucking crazy

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18635146 - 07/30/13 05:42 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, 4 million for being neglected for 5 days? I almost feel envious of him. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Eminence]
    #18635294 - 07/30/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

frylock91 said:
Damn, 4 million for being neglected for 5 days? I almost feel envious of him. :lol:

He's probably bsing about the PTSD, but they almost killed him and in a very slow/painful way

InvisiblePsilliCoder
xXxXxXx

#18635376 - 07/30/13 06:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blitzd said:

edit: i realize that what i just said is mean and unsympathetic and im realizing that it was an extremely catastrophic thing that happened to him. sorry. im just high but im feeling really guilty.

I'm SURE he's perfectly happy with sitting there for 5 days for 4 mil..I would be and I think anybody else would be too. There isn't a whole lot they could do to me that I wouldn't put up with for 5 days for that stack. Now granted, there are some things that wouldn't be worth it. But it sounds like he just had to sit there.

--------------------

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: PsilliCoder]
    #18635473 - 07/30/13 06:40 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PsilliCoder said:
Quote:

blitzd said:

I'm SURE he's perfectly happy with sitting there for 5 days for 4 mil..I would be and I think anybody else would be too. There isn't a whole lot they could do to me that I wouldn't put up with for 5 days for that stack. Now granted, there are some things that wouldn't be worth it. But it sounds like he just had to sit there.

yea the whole near death thing was a sitting experience, maybe some minor leg cramps or something :mmmkay:

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: PsilliCoder]
    #18635498 - 07/30/13 06:44 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone saying they're down for this... have you ever gone even a single day, or two days, without water or some other liquid?  Much less five?

Dehydration is a motherfucker, and add to that being locked in a room with no sense of time and no human interaction, it's going to fuck you up.  He was suffering kidney failure when they found him and had difficulty breathing.  Another couple hours and his kidneys could have failed.

4 mil ain't worth that.  Maybe if you know you'd come out alive, but there have been plenty of people who have died after only 3 days without water, so fuck this entire situation.  I'm glad he got the moneys, but still feel bad for the kid.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: DragonChaser]
    #18635875 - 07/30/13 07:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

And he prolly had cotton mouth the whole time!! That just sux....

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#18635992 - 07/30/13 08:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I'll pass on the 5 days of torture and near death experience, wipe my ass with the fucking paper

Offlinecrimsonking91
Stranger

#18636031 - 07/30/13 08:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are forgetting its cali ( unless its not I saw it said l.a. times) but that could kill somepeople and not to mention he didn't know it was going to be 5 days only after 3 days I wouldstart thinking they left me forever, I'm sure this young man was 100% certain he would die, drinking piss which probably got thick like syrup, covered in feces from I'm sure psychosis considering the conditions. I'm sure all you guys who were down would walk out of there smiling with shit in your teeth asking about a check before a shower, i know its the internet but come on people they almost murdered him
  And I'm sure plenty of other people would die if left In those conditions. Maybe he went in with a full stomach

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: crimsonking91]
    #18636234 - 07/30/13 09:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Wow.  I feel so bad for this guy.

And the money doesn't fix it and those of you saying you'ld do it are just fooling yourselves.

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #18636260 - 07/30/13 09:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I just heard this early on the news. He was in a house where they found 18,000 XTC pills lol. I would love for this shit to happen to me. I could easily do 5 days for 4 million. This guy basically won the lottery. PTSD prob not after 4 million. It would be PTSD if this happened and he didn't get compensated then that would be scurrry

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #18636366 - 07/30/13 09:35 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If I had plenty of water going in for 5 days I might attempt it for 4.1 mil but not without H2O.  Not having food or light or company for 5 days would be hellish but doing it without water is too risky.

I'm glad the guy got paid for the incompetence that almost killed him.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Edited by SuperD (07/30/13 09:43 PM)

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: SuperD]
    #18636389 - 07/30/13 09:42 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah if I had water it wouldn't be so bad, a toilet would also help (as long as its not the source for water :lol:)

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: SuperD]
    #18636402 - 07/30/13 09:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
If I had plenty of water being going in for 5 days I might attempt it for 4.1 mil but not without H2O.  Not having food or light or company for 5 days would be hellish but doing it without water is too risky.

I'm glad the guy got paid for the incompetence that almost killed him.

exactly... if u had some sort of H2O then it would be a whole different ball park not to mention after day 2 he prob thought he was gonna stay there till death.

the equivalent is someone kidnapping you and locking you in a room without food or water , after 5 days the guy comes back and says DUDE U PASSED THE TEST HERES UR CHECK.

OfflineHardTrippin
The Ambivalent
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Kinko]
    #18636897 - 07/31/13 12:12 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

He should have gotten closer to 100 million. This is straight up torture of the worst kind. This guy thought he was going to die in there. I could easily see something like this driving the person insane.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: HardTrippin]
    #18637103 - 07/31/13 01:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

100mil is a lot of money, granted the DEA should have its entire budget stripped for thousands of reasons

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18637107 - 07/31/13 01:38 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hell get over it real quick with that 4 mill

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Magicman69]
    #18637220 - 07/31/13 02:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Its weird to me that he was covered in his own shit. 5 by 10 room, but still.

And people who say they're down to do this for the money, he almost 'thirsted' to death. come on

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #18637557 - 07/31/13 06:54 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

What would really be ironic is if he dedicated a portion of his court winnings to the fight against the drug war :laugh:  Ohhhh DEA Fail! :smile:

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: boneynerd]
    #18637768 - 07/31/13 08:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

some of the replies to this thread are 100% retarded.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: k00laid]
    #18637931 - 07/31/13 09:15 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If some = most, yes.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAvernus
Avy

Loc: WA
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #18638214 - 07/31/13 10:19 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit poor guy
that is just inexcusable, the compensation is nice but he could of died

--------------------
:lsdabc: + :bongload: = :trippinbawelz:
You can call me Avy. I'm mostly nice.

OfflineGreengrassmatt93
Trippy Tripperson

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Avernus]
    #18639086 - 07/31/13 01:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I would be this first mother fucker to go, I had a amoeba parasite in my stomach and a tape worm at one time months ago. I'm skinny too, so I would fucking die like day 2 in there. It's sad cause some people like me would just have no damn chance. He's very lucky to have made it out alive. And 4million dollars is not enough. The Elite spend 4 million dollars in a vacation, I think he should've got Ike 10 or 15 million to make sure his family is taken care of in the future, but no the governement has to skin off a little portion. Imagine if this was a white girl in there. She would've got more then 4 million.  There needs to be a clean house day for DEA. Get people in there who actually respect human life.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #18639449 - 07/31/13 02:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leon trout said:
DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days

A college student mistakenly left in a Drug Enforcement Administration interrogation room for five days will receive $4.1 million from the government in a settlement in advance of a lawsuit.

The settlement was announced Tuesday in San Diego by the student, Daniel Chong, 25, and his lawyer, Eugene Iredale.

"It was an accident, a really bad, horrible accident," said Chong, who added that he now suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.

The bizarre event in April 2012 began when Chong, an engineering student at UC San Diego, went to a house near campus to smoke marijuana with friends and found himself swept up in a DEA raid.

After being questioned briefly at the DEA facility in San Diego, he was told he would be released. But, for reasons that remain unclear, he was left for five days in a 5-by-10-foot windowless room without food, water or toilet facilities.

He suffered hallucinations and was forced to drink his urine to survive. He screamed for help.

Fearing he would die, he broke his glasses and scrawled the message, “Sorry, mom” on his arm.

When he was discovered by DEA employees, he was covered in his own feces and severely dehydrated. He was rushed to a hospital, close to kidney failure and breathing with difficulty. He spent five days in the hospital.

Days later, a top DEA official apologized to Chong and ordered an “extensive review” of DEA procedures.

“I extend my deepest apologies [to] the young man and want to express that this event is not indicative of the high standards that I hold my employees to,” said William R. Sherman, who was acting special agent in charge of the DEA’s San Diego Division.

No charges were filed against Chong, whose attorney had said he intended to file a $20-million lawsuit against the federal government.

God damn right you owe him $4.5 million. 5 days without food? Psshhh, I've done a 3 day fast. I know 5 days will leave you weak etc. but no big deal

5 days without water? You can live that long without water? Well I suppose so, but I was under the impression that, well you know that something like this would happen kidney failure difficulty breathing. Without water it's not just that you dry up and die, that your blood gets thick, but your ph goes to shit, your body can't transport nutrients, the nutrients in your body need water as a chemical reaction to renew your energy, etc.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinemindenvelope
Stranger

#18640620 - 07/31/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The weirdest and worst parts weren't mentioned in this article.

If you look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_of_Daniel_Chong#Incident
You'll see that he found a bag of meth in the cell that he used to stay awake and that he
attempted suicide by breaking his glasses, cutting his wrists, and swallowing the glass shards.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: mindenvelope]
    #18641289 - 07/31/13 08:15 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindenvelope said:

If you look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_of_Daniel_Chong#Incident
You'll see that he found a bag of meth in the cell that he used to stay awake and that he
attempted suicide by breaking his glasses, cutting his wrists, and swallowing the glass shards.

Wtf?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: mindenvelope]
    #18641336 - 07/31/13 08:25 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindenvelope said:

The meth was planted. Its all a setup

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18641391 - 07/31/13 08:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

They were seriously fucking with that kid... wtf

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18641720 - 07/31/13 09:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rbalzer said:
The meth was planted. Its all a setup

Nah probably not.    It is extremely common to find illegal drugs in holding cells.

OfflineSubMuncher
Permastoned
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #18641977 - 07/31/13 11:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think think some of you realize that it wasn't the 5 days of sitting there that traumatized him. It was the fact that he thought he was going to die there, he didn't know they were going to open it after 5 days. The fact that it was the DEA that locked him there would have also made it a lot worse.

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days [Re: crimsonking91]
    #18642196 - 08/01/13 12:38 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

crimsonking91 said:
Maybe he went in with a full stomach

Well, the article did say he went to a house to smoke marijuana...He probably ate about 5,000 potato chips before being arrested.

The munchies must've saved his life!  :eek:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder