Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Improved performance on psychedelics?
    #1862371 - 08/29/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I play guitar, and normally I'm a very good guitarist, but when I use HBWR and play guitar, it's as if I bypass all logic filters and play simply through creative talent. I don't think about what notes to play next, I just play. Writing talent also goes through the roof, as I'm sure anyone who is creative knows, psychedelics really bring out creative abilities.

Yesterday I chewed a quid of salvia while I was on my computer. Once the effects were felt, I went through a tried to solve a problem with my dial-up internet software that I've been dealing with for MONTHS. I just started to fool around with my network settings because my dial-up adapter was corrupted. Now I had followed my ISP's advice on how to fix it with no luck, but after a bit of proding and poking, I was able to fix it! I doubt it was sololy because I was on salvia, and probably had a lot to do with luck, but still kind of cool.

Anyway, it seems as if psychedelics can allow you to "over-ride", or perhaps enhance different parts of the brain responsible for these things. Of course, somethings are also hinderd. I wouldn't drive will using HBWR or stuff like that. What kind of improvements have you had while using psychedelics?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: Twirling]
    #1862389 - 08/29/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Never tried doing too many tasks while actually tripping but for the week after a mushroom trip I can put a good 10-15lbs on my top squat, bench and deadlift and run an extra 2-3 miles more than usual.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1862402 - 08/29/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thinking about and solving un resolved issues

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1862435 - 08/29/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShamanSean said:
thinking about and solving un resolved issues

That's one of my favorites....

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1862645 - 08/29/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I play guitar, and normally I'm a very good guitarist, but when I use HBWR and play guitar, it's as if I bypass all logic filters and play simply through creative talent.

Yes! You should look into the Dadaist and Surrealist texts of the early 20th century about the nature of the creative mind and how to tap into that life force. Andre Breton, etc. theorized that the rational mind creates roadblocks, if you will, for the more primal and irrational mind (that which births creativity); the best way to subvert such roadblocks was through spontaneity rather than thought-out plans. They would put themselves into trances and under hyponosis as well as utilize certain techniques like "automatic writing" where the pen meets the paper and everything with written without conscious judgement. They would also dive into the random - cut-up methods of writing, games that would have participants write stories together without knowledge of what the other person was writing, etc. Look for "the Surrealists Games."

Follow this theory as it manifests itself all the way through the 20th century; one of the greatest fruits of this branching out was the Situationists of western Europe in the late 1960s.

Entheogens, especially the tried and true plant entheogens, are great ways to short circuit the logical mind. In fact, if you follow the ideas of McKenna, you will see that the plant-mind is often (although not always) the antithesis of and catalyst against western values of possessiveness, classism, monotheism, patriarchy, hierarchy, etc: the culture of Fear that is born out of a disconnect with Nature. These are all values that are born of strict adherence to western rationalism and the linear, and plant entheogens are a gateway to the non-linear Archaic. See: http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org

From: http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/mckenna/mondo2k.html

McKenna:There was a period when, because of the presence of psilocybin in the diet, the natural tendency to male dominance hierarchies was interrupted. It was in that moment that community values, altruism, language, long-term planning, awareness of cause and effect, all the things that distinguish us were established. Then, as the mushroom became less available due to climatological factors, after 15,000 years of this human-mushroom quasi-symbiosis, the old dominance hierarchy hard-wiring re-asserted itself in the ancient Middle East with the invention of agriculture, the need to become sedentary in order to carry out agriculture, the need to defend surplus, the establishment of kingship. These are a re-assertion of an older pattern that had been interrupted by a factor in the diet which basically made people mellow.

Be free, be wild brother :smile:         

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1863191 - 08/29/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

only when im on mush or weed can i ever attempt to do math lol. fuckin school.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #1864641 - 08/30/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"EXPAND your mind".... duh

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: BleaK]
    #1864954 - 08/30/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Playin' music on phycedelics is fantastic is'nt it? Your fingers just do the work themselves and leave you free to listen and enjoy. Though on higher doses it gets a bit strange. Myself and a friend must have played the same two chords for hours. Just strummin', then lettin' the note fade out, then stummin', hours i jest not, it was great an'all.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1877114 - 09/03/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Xochitl said:
Andre Breton, etc. theorized that the rational mind creates roadblocks, if you will, for the more primal and irrational mind (that which births creativity); the best way to subvert such roadblocks was through spontaneity rather than thought-out plans.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.....

That is exactly why I try to accomplish. Sometimes it's lighting incense or using essencail oils to help relax and create a mood. Sometimes it's using lava lamps and black lights or other room decor to get into that creative mind. But the most effective method is to use psychedelics to bypass that rational and inhibited side of the mind.

There is an article on Entheologly.org which describes this very well. Here's a bit of it:

"These researches wanted to observe whether hallucinogenic experiences could improve cognition or cause a long-term personality change. Perhaps heightened creativity and better self-actualization would follow and increase the productivity of the subjects. The results showed that the subjects could describe several types of enhanced functioning during the problem solving session that are related to the effects of hallucinogens. They reported a feeling of low inhibition and anxiety. "There was no fear, no worry, no sense of reputation?," "?a lowered sense of personal danger?," and "?the normal blocks in the way of progress seemed absent?" (1970). There was also the capacity to restructure a problem in a larger context. "I could handle two or three different ideas at the same time and keep track of each" (1970). "Looking at the same problem with psychedelic materials, I was able to consider it in a much more basic way, because I could form and keep in mind a much broader picture" (1970). "

The subconscious became more accessible as most of the subjects reported. "I was in my early teens and wandering through the gardens where I actually grew up. I felt all my emotions in relation to my surroundings" (1970). The hallucinogenic experience made it possible to associate very different ideas. One engineer was able to solve his problem when he thought of the word ?alternate?, which led him to a logical conclusion to his problem. Most impressive was the increased motivation to solve the problems at hand. There was "tremendous desire to obtain an elegant solution" (1970). "In what seemed ten minutes, I had completed the problem, having what I considered and still consider a classic solution" (1970).

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1877285 - 09/03/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've found that my vision has improved to a noticable degree.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: soochi]
    #1877348 - 09/03/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Me too, and of course, hearing as well. At least with music.... There's more "texture" and "depth" to it.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1877644 - 09/03/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Painting.

I seem to mix my colors better on an average dose of mushrooms.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: sirreal]
    #1878527 - 09/03/03 05:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I play horse shoes a lot better under the influence of mushrooms then I would normally.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: djd586]
    #1878581 - 09/03/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I played the best pool game of my life on 1 gram of good shrooms.

--------------------

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1878832 - 09/03/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i found that I was much better at staring off at nothing  :smile:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: Improved performance on psychedelics? [Re: shwowsh]
    #1878898 - 09/03/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

my guitar skills are definitly not improved while  tripping, though it is something i do whenever oi have the oppurtunity.  it takes me forever to tune it...the proper key can be hard to decipher under the circumstances :grin:

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

OfflineMagic-mike24
Stranger
    #24843054 - 12/12/17 10:55 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've been looking into this myself! glad to hear some positive results!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag