Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Illegal To Be On Shrooms?
    #1862307 - 08/29/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If I went for a walk on shrooms and had nothing on my possession and the cops stopped me would they have the rite to arrest me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #1862311 - 08/29/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

lol, yes, if u acted unsober. i believe that would be called "public intoxication" Just dont act like ur tripping and ull be fine :-P even if u did have shrooms on you, they wouldnt be able to search u without probable cause (ie. u are acting unsober).
~MC

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: mattch1]
    #1862335 - 08/29/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Never admit to anything, either by threat or promise, and you'll be fine.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Adden]
    #1862748 - 08/29/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

always deny. no matter what. "whats this in your pocket." "nothing".
"is this marijuana?" i dunno i found it on the ground 5 minutes ago.
dont take any guff from those swine.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Infrared]
    #1863325 - 08/29/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

my friend got busted for "internal possesion of alcohol" he was walking along the road drunk as hell aparently, but ya just deny it, or ask to talk to your lawyer, you do have the right to remain silent, bust there balls if they stop and talk to you,

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Offlinechinacat311
the lizard king

Loc: washington, dc..the sourc...
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: dibbles]
    #1863387 - 08/29/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yea couldnt they technically charge you with possession of a controlled substance... there must be a way to test for psycoblin in the blood..?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: chinacat311]
    #1863425 - 08/29/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know about there, but here possession only counts if they haven't ingested the drug. Once the drug has been ingested, they can't arrest you for possession. And they don't usually arrest people for public intoxication UNLESS they're causing trouble (loud, abusive, hanging around a crowded area causing shit).
But knowing some cops, they would just throw you in a cell for the night, and release you in the morning.
I've walked home plenty of times on acid, mushrooms, weed and alcohol, and never once been stopped and questioned. They don't seem to care if you're just walking home.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1863454 - 08/29/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My understanding has always been that it isn't illegal to do drugs, only to possess them. I could be wrong, but I haven't ever heard of anyone getting charged with anything other than public intoxication if they were found inebriated, no matter what the intoxicant was.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1865173 - 08/30/03 07:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dibbles said:
my friend got busted for "internal possesion of alcohol" he was walking along the road drunk as hell aparently, but ya just deny it, or ask to talk to your lawyer, you do have the right to remain silent, bust there balls if they stop and talk to you,

Yeah. This is legal in a few states run by utter pigfuckers, like NJ. In most states, it's not legal to use 'internal posession' statutes, mainly because you'd have to round up EVERYONE and lock them away for posession of things like DMT.

Check your state laws, see if there're internal posession statutes on the book. If there aren't, and you aren't doing something stupid like driving, the worst you can get charged with, pretty much, is something along the lines of drunk & disorderly or public intoxication, or similar misdemenor.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1865176 - 08/30/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
I don't know about there, but here possession only counts if they haven't ingested the drug. Once the drug has been ingested, they can't arrest you for possession. And they don't usually arrest people for public intoxication UNLESS they're causing trouble (loud, abusive, hanging around a crowded area causing shit).
But knowing some cops, they would just throw you in a cell for the night, and release you in the morning.
I've walked home plenty of times on acid, mushrooms, weed and alcohol, and never once been stopped and questioned. They don't seem to care if you're just walking home. 

Nope, that's not quite true.  There are states with internal posession laws, and they can test you for a substance and thebn charge you with posession of it.

Never tell the cops what you're on; say you're all fucked up on allergy medicine or you took too much nyquil for your cold.  :wink: 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlineshowcivic17
good fella
Loc: northeastern USA
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Sev]
    #1866058 - 08/30/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i got searched b4 because they stopped and asked me if i jumped on a fire truck and then they said i was high or drunk the they said i WAS high and/or drunk which i didnt drink at all and i smoked like 4 hours ago.and then they searched me and found my papers and lighter etc. (which they didnt take.well of coarse) and they said i was using the papers to roll weed and i was like no way there for tobacco,theb there like we dont care if you had a drink or two or if i rolled weed with those pap3rs.i was like wtf are you sorious(spell?) i dont smoke marijuana you bitch ass cop(didnt really say that)LOL.cops suck wankers

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1866086 - 08/30/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

a judge said that you can't arrest somebody based on what they've already consumed, because it isnt possession. It was something along the lines of a person is not more in possession of drugs after consumption that he is in possession of a hamburger after he eats it. I personally think its a ridiculous arguement, but hell, anything to make drug laws more lax is fine by me, in this corrupt day and age.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1866375 - 08/30/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here in TX its not illegal to be stoned, because some friends of my told me a story of how they got pulled over by a cop (they might have been parked along side a road when they were "pulled over"), and the cops knew they were pretty stoned, and proceeded to ask if they had any substances on them, and they told them no (which was the truth, because they had just come from a party) and so somehow the cops got to search them, not sure if they searched the cars but they did get patted down. So the cops found nothing, and the only thing they could do was let them go. So I imagine as long as you aren't being a disturbance to the peace, (more like a contribution to the peace) then they have nothing. So if possible, its probably a good idea to take your dose, and then feel free to venture elsewhere without carrying.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: shwowsh]
    #1866458 - 08/30/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if a cop catches you urinating while tripping, can he bust you for distrubution?  :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1867713 - 08/31/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

HAHAHA
fuck thats true

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #1867895 - 08/31/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They can only get you if you're driving Under the Influece and have shit on you. Me n my buddies used to roll all the damn time and we'd always come across cops that would tease us about it. They didn't care, but if we had shit on us then we'd be up to our hips in shit.

As long as you're not starting fights or being a dipshit to the public, cops are cool. If a cop stops you and you're fucked up, jus tell em you're on prozac or something. Other than that, you shouldn't worry. They can't do anything, but with the patriot act out... I'm not sure but as long as you're not in possession then you're good.

BECAUSE, that cop gotta fill out a report and the more shit you got(SOLID EVIDENCE to him) will make him more commision on your bail. If he finds nothing then he's arresting you b/c he's a dumb fucking shit.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineDrBonG
JTO KREW

Re: Illegal To Be On Shrooms? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1867896 - 08/31/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ha.. but what if you threw it up in front of him?

--------------------
Cemetery lady, my cemetery girl
Cemetery baby, I want you in my world
Cemetery woman, we can still be down
You're more than just a corpse to a psychopathic clown

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies