Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

Im really confused. Myce
    #18608112 - 07/25/13 05:56 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I injected some Rye grain and some BRF jars a few days ago on 7/15/13. Im not exactly sure if i got the moisture content on the Rye correct, along with the BRF. The Rye was a little saturated after PC, I think this is cuz i didnt have them completely dried like they needed to be before jars. My strainer is too small and ive looked everywhere for one and i just can't seem to find a strainer with small enough holes for the WBS/Rye to fall threw, but large enough to hold a good amount of grain and be able to shake the water out while its steaming hot. So what i ended up doing is once it was at a boil, i poured as much as it could take and shook it til water stopped and then dumped that amount of grain on a towel and let it air dry while also using paper towels to dry the grain. And etc continued the process til it passed the toilet paper test. Then i PC'd and afterwards there was water droplets inside the jar, but i have proper lids and the grain did not stick to eachother and i was told on another post that if i just let them sit 24hrs they should soak up moisture. which it did.

And the BRF jars were like moist sand castles after PC. Im sure i did the procedure right as ive done it times before. and turned out similar before i jar'd them.

Here is the confusion. I have a incubator and put my temp guage inside a quart jar and set it in the incubator to see the internal temp so i could keep it correct. Im not sure if thats accurate or whats the best way to get a accurate internal temp of the jars. all of the bottom of the jars feel room temp. they dont feel cold like the side of the jars/tops feel like. but the problem is, is that my temp guage says its at 82F and theres obvious moisture inside the jars and when i disturb them, it drips down the side of the jars and moistens the cake/grains inside the jars. Idk if this is okay or not but please give feedback..

Also here is a Penis Envy BRF cake 7/25/13. The jars were inoculated on 7/15/13

second jar

And then first sign of growth inside the Rye as well

Heres my incubator. its a TiT tek setup. And i have a set of jars from 7/15 in there and 7/21 also. My confusion is why have the PE strain BRF jars and Rye blown up and grown so fast, compared to my Mazatapec, Ecuador, Albino A+?

And then what really blew my mind again was

Ablino A+ jar already showing growth just 4 days later! injected 7/25/13!
WHAT? Why are some jars taking off and others not? is it just the strain or is it the condensation in the jars getting to the substrate/spores in the jars? if anyone has any ideas what i could be doing wrong or any advice lemme know. I know it possibly could just be too early to tell if its too wet or if its just not showing signs yet. But ive fucked up the last 2 grows and if this one is a fuck up i wanna trash and start over real quick

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Im really confused. Myce [Re: NecroMyce]
    #18608320 - 07/25/13 08:03 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know if you have a bed bath and beyond store in your area but I found a really nice wire mesh strainer at the one near my house. It was pricey but it works great. I used an incubator when I first started growing but have since trashed it. I just don't think it is really all that necessary unless you live in an igloo. Putting a thermometer in a empty qt jar won't give you a proper internal jar temp because the myc does produce heat. It looks like your brf jars are missing a dry verm layer. Bad idea. Also you used the wrong shape jars for brf cakes. You need the short wide mouth jars. As for moisture content it sounds like your method for draining the excess water off your grains would work they should be ok. Brf jars should be mixed using 2 part verm 2 part water 1 part brf. Hope this helps

InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

Re: Im really confused. Myce [Re: Stromrider]
    #18610663 - 07/25/13 06:30 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I didnt use the dry verm layer because i was using proper lids and didnt think it was necessary which im wrong about:/ i used 2 part verm 1 part water, 1 part brf. I also used the jars i used because i was going to crush the cakes up and make mini bulk trays out of the cakes. Its better the smaller widemouth jars?

Edited by NecroMyce (07/25/13 06:31 PM)

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #18612011 - 07/25/13 11:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well I guess if you use lids with a sfd you can get by without a dry verm layer. Wide mouth jars are Def better no matter what you're doin

InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

#18612209 - 07/25/13 11:50 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well ive already spent a good amount of $ on the jars i bought. :frown: could they be used for LC?

OfflinePsilicon
Really Nice Guy

#18612333 - 07/26/13 12:12 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I think that if 50% of the jars you use contaminate because you have the wrong kind, it'll still have a better success rate than if you went to LC.  Use what you have; the worst that can happen is you waste spores, BRF and vermiculite.

OfflinePhosCap
Gratuitous Heavenly Grace
 User Gallery

Loc: Tartary
    #18612366 - 07/26/13 12:16 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

As soon as you go bulk your gonna wish you didn't use little jars. Its much easier using 1qt or bigger jars.

The reason all of them aren't starting at the same time is because you're using different varieties. Not all varieties/genetics are the same. It took my Z strain around 3-4 weeks before it showed anything. There are many variables.

--------------------
Psychoactive Fungi of the World        TLs            Franks teks and Tips        Stonesun's..
Spitballs Quick Rye Prep

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Im really confused. Myce [Re: PhosCap]
    #18612424 - 07/26/13 12:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The info above is very true. Just forget about Lc. That stuff is just too skechy. If you want to do bulk get you some grains and some qt jars. Inoculate a master jar and use it to g2g transfers. Doing g2g you can have fully colonized jars in about a week. Look up FrankHorrigans teks for very good results

OfflinePhosCap
Gratuitous Heavenly Grace
 User Gallery

Loc: Tartary
    #18612480 - 07/26/13 12:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psillyshroomer said:
The info above is very true. Just forget about Lc. That stuff is just too skechy. If you want to do bulk get you some grains and some qt jars. Inoculate a master jar and use it to g2g transfers. Doing g2g you can have fully colonized jars in about a week. Look up FrankHorrigans teks for very good results

You could also use brf cakes for transfers aswell. I just broke up 10% of a brf cake for two WBS bags, they are now almost 100%

--------------------
Psychoactive Fungi of the World        TLs            Franks teks and Tips        Stonesun's..
Spitballs Quick Rye Prep

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Im really confused. Myce [Re: PhosCap]
    #18612669 - 07/26/13 01:15 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phosi said:
Quote:

psillyshroomer said:

You could also use brf cakes for transfers aswell. I just broke up 10% of a brf cake for two WBS bags, they are now almost 100%

That's funny. That is how I made my first master grain jar

InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

#18612946 - 07/26/13 02:39 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psillyshroomer said:
Quote:

phosi said:
Quote:

psillyshroomer said:

That's funny. That is how I made my first master grain jar

Wow i did not know that. I have 6 master Rye grain jars right now and then im gonna do G2G, the other small BRF are just experiments for bulk grows. i plan to 2 pints down for a single tray. using this tek http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14995972/fpart/1/vc/1

Someone said something about moisture content. If you use widemouth i could see how the distribution could be more equal and spread out. but if im just going to break them up, would that be okay?

And when it comes to LC someone told me it would go spawn myce faster. only reason i mentioned that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles