Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemmmpie
Stranger
alone
    #1860658 - 08/28/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

do you think, that for a first time tripper (taking 8th of shrooms) that just staying in your room, listening to cool music with the lights off is sufficient for a good trip? or is it best to be able to walk around outside...and..be more active? or does it just differ individually?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: alone [Re: mmmpie]
    #1860679 - 08/28/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's different for everyone. I would suggest not tripping alone your first time incase you freak out.
If you do decide to trip alone, make sure you can do whatever you want, like go outside if you want to, go back inside when you want to, have nice music and whatnot. As soon as soemthing gets uncomfortable you'll want a change of setting immediately before you trigger a full blown bad trip...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: alone [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1860749 - 08/28/03 09:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It is different for everybody, but for a first time--especially with a full eighth, I would highly recommend not doing that. It's up in the wind whether you have the best time of your life going temporarily insane or having the worst time of your life going, well, temporarily insane. :tongue: If you have a good friend that can trip sit for you, that would be best because he could always ground you to reality if you feel yourself falling into an abyssal plain of bad thoughts. If you still live with your parents and want to take them while they're there, just plain don't. Powerful drug, those shrooms be. That's why I love 'em! :nut:

OfflineTavarua
A Nobody

Loc: Califuckinfornia
Re: alone [Re: eggystardust]
    #1861761 - 08/29/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'll tell you what.

I did exactly that for my first ever trip, of any kind. I ate an eighth of dried cubes and attempted to chill in my room, with good music and good scenery out the window. This trip was so intense, I really can't even explain it. I was alone, and very lonely the entire time; wierd thing is I am completely comfortable with myself, just being alone.

When I finally did meet up with friends just after the peak (I thought I'd died...) I was never so glad to just be alive, and around people.

This trip had the same setting as yours, same drug, first psychadelic experience of any kind and it changed my life. Scared the piss out of me too. I recommend doing it with friends for the first time, but if you don't heed that advice then have fun and just remember you ate some mushrooms :]

--------------------
Gotta love life cuz life be lovin me

OfflineBlammo300

#1861797 - 08/29/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mmmpie said:
do you think, that for a first time tripper (taking 8th of shrooms) that just staying in your room, listening to cool music with the lights off is sufficient for a good trip? or is it best to be able to walk around outside...and..be more active? or does it just differ individually?

Thats exactly what I did for my first trip and I am very happy that I did it. I have done quite a few more trips mostly indoors but I later felt more comfortable going outside after becoming more experienced. What I like to do is play some shpongle on winamp and have the Milkdrop plugin running. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes, I open them occasionally to look at milkdrop. When I close my eyes I see the Milkdrop pattern in my eyes for a minute or so. I would recommend listening to music if you want a more mental trip since when you watch a movie you tend not to think as much IMHO.

Unless you live in a secluded spot or have a big backyard I would recommend staying inside until you have more experience with the magical mushroom. Mainly because you dont know how you are going to react and many people act diffrently. Good luck and whatever happens do not get scared, just remember its all part of the trip,
just breath and relax.

--------------------
"Sorry, I got lost on the road of life."

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."

OfflineScvotto_Turellskey
officially old

Re: alone [Re: Tavarua]
    #1861804 - 08/29/03 04:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I did 3.5g alone the first time, and it was great.
I sat out back on the porch in the sun with my headphones on all day listening to music, and looking at the crazy things going on in my garden, and in my head.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They think we are retarded - they are retarded." - The Sultan of Spin.

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Re: alone [Re: Scvotto_Turellskey]
    #1861844 - 08/29/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I had a similar exp to Taruva's. Start with less so you can learn to control it. You can always do more but not less.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Offlinelateralus
Re: alone [Re: Vertigo]
    #1863994 - 08/29/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Alone is the best way to go..

Just try it, it cant possibly kill you, theres no way to OD on shrooms.

If youve never done a psychadelic before, maybe 2-2.5g would be better. But if you have, go with the 1/8th it *should* be easy for you.

OfflineUnabomber
...Live from myhut

#1864714 - 08/30/03 01:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would trip for the first time in a safe place with someone trustworthy to keep an eye on you. Make sure it's a close friend, and make sure said close friend knows how to control his mouth/facial expressions to ensure he doesn't send you spiralling into a bad trip.

That much said, I prefer tripping alone these days. I find that mushrooms take me to such a pure mindspace, that when combined with my rather manic behavior, means having people around tends to hold me down.

That, and my friends are the type who take mushrooms to see fucked up shit and run around the house acting like damned morons. I'm after mind expansion. Total incompatibility :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag