Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebalingupmadness
recreationalchemicalconsultant

Loc: western Australia
kitty litter spawn
    #1860410 - 08/28/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have recently recieved a suggestion of using recycled paper pellets (kitty litter) as a spawn medoium for innoc outdoor beds has anyone out there tried this method. my mate is gonna try it on Ps subaeriginosa (australiana) what do you reckon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArsey
Stranger
Loc: location location locatio...
Re: kitty litter spawn [Re: balingupmadness]
    #1862256 - 08/29/03 09:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Do a patent search at the USPTO.

There are several spawn and spawn based supplement patents. Some contain the actual formulas and limited test results. In addition, several of the patents discuss the maximum and minimum percentage of nitrogen necessary in spawn to promote health mycelium.

Many incorporate perilite or calcinated clay, i do beleive some make mention of paper. I've seen pet litters made from recycled paper that truely resemble clays. You may just be able to substitute paper for clay in the formula.

Likewise, there's soft sorbent bedding made from virgin pulp. It's make up isn't much different than that of cardboard, just that it's fluffly and fiberous. It's already rolled into small clumps and is relatively absorbent, chances are you could prepare a common liquid growth media (such as potatoe dextrose yeast or malt) and simply use this stuff to soak it up. Just don't make it too wet.

RC

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: kitty litter spawn [Re: Arsey]
    #1862556 - 08/29/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Rush wayne uses kitty litter in his peroxide spawn formulas. There have also been several folks in the OMC to post positive results with the media, without using peroxide, just treating it like normal spawn.

So, I'm sure you could make it work, if you use a good formula.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies