Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoldguyintn
Passing Thru
Male User Gallery

Loc: u.s.
Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap
    #18593749 - 07/22/13 10:21 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

When young, the taste of mushrooms did not bother me a bit, never gave it a 2nd thought. Now that I am old, I was not enjoying forcing dried shrooms down so thought capsules would be the perfect solution. So I bought a "the capsule machine" for 00 caps, powdered my shrooms and encapsulated them all, thinking now it would be a piece of cake, just like taking my medicine.
  Turns out it isn't quite as "easy" as I anticipated. I got the 00 size caps and they are a pretty good size capsule to swallow. It would not be that big of a deal except I have to eat so many of them it starts to get tough to get them down.
  I always read that a 00 size capsule holds 1/2 gram. Well, that is sort of true. Now maybe I am some how not getting the shrooms powdered enough, but I don't see how they could get any more powdery. The thing that I think is often forgotten is the weight of the capsule itself.

I seem to average between .5-.55 per capsule. So using just that figure, I seem to be eating around 4 grams a shot so I just need to eat 8 capsules and I am good to go.

Not so fast. The capsule itself weighs .12g. So now that .5g capsule is actually only .38g. So for my 4g dose it isn't just 8 pills, I have to eat 10-11 capsules. Now I take aq lot of prescription medicine and figured I wouldn't have a problem eating any kind of pill, capsule etc, but I never came across size 00 caps before and imo they are pretty big. I tried eating 3 at a time but 2 fit down my throat much easier, and wimp that I am with any medicine I have to take them with water, juice or something to drink. By the time I eat all 10 or 11 I feel like I am stuffed and I know they aren't, but it always feels like those 10 capsules are all stacked up and sort of clogged halfway down.

It just wasn't as "easy" as I thought it would be. I understand it is a silly thing to whine about and in the end it is obviously worth it, but I figured it would be like taking a handful of tramadol, morphine etc.......I could eat those like m&m's with only sips ofd water. A 00 capsule - it takes me a pretty hefty drink to get them down and I am always on my 2nd glass before I am done.
  I sort of feel like i just left a chinese buffet where I always end up stuffing myself like a puppy.
Been up all night and bored, sorry for wasting your time if u got this far - tho I do think it is sort of misleading when I keep reading .5g per capsule......and the capsule itself weighs .12

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeloquin
Phoenix
Loc: UK
Re: Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap [Re: oldguyintn]
    #18593829 - 07/22/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You can fit .5g in a cap ...You do have to really pack down the powder into the cap though, top up, tamper again...do this a few times.  Tedious, but it does allow you to get that full .5g in there.    Just weighed a few of my filled caps, they varied .65g up to .67g.

Offlineoldguyintn
Passing Thru
Male User Gallery

Loc: u.s.
Re: Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap [Re: Peloquin]
    #18602746 - 07/23/13 11:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I will try the tea. I will also see about packing better. Actually most of my capsules were around .55 g, but I was still eating 13 caps. I think I may have messed up the potency when drying tho  I did it by the teks.
Could be the 1st shrooms I ate since starting again was some penis envy and those were awesome, so i am having to eat more of the "normal" shrooms to get the same experience.
Hope it works out but I did just start on some p.e. I have 2 L.C going (hedging my bet) and 4 wbs for a bulk grow. When the lc's are ready here shortly I am going to try a whole bunch of different teks to insure I get as many as possible, even going to go for an outdoor grow.

I am getting a hip replaced Aug 14th so will have time on my hands and am thinking I will try some azurescens

OfflinePeloquin
Phoenix
Loc: UK
Re: Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap [Re: oldguyintn]
    #18603725 - 07/24/13 08:24 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Not keen on tea myself.

The caps really do need packing down well, several times. I've used different brands and colours , veg and normal, all i have been able to pack down and get .5g in there, have another go.

I dry using a dehydrator and then make caps and a few chocolates. Maybe give the chocolates a try. I can use 1.5g worth of mushroom per chocolate without altering taste. Several friends have tried them and do not notice any taste/texture difference. This was not the case on my first attempt :wink:, but by third go i had it sussed, all about the prep.

Good Luck with the hip replacement!

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap [Re: Peloquin]
    #18603746 - 07/24/13 08:30 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

just crush em up, get a big cold glass of something sweet and non-fizzy, man up and wash down piles of mush, no chewing just take as you do pills 2g or so at a time.

im in the same boat, 10 years ago I would eat them as I was picking them in the woods, nowadays the smell of shroomies gives me chills.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Not sure if capsules are better or not - it's not really .5g per cap [Re: bishlap]
    #18603783 - 07/24/13 08:41 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

When I make capsules, I can load them loose and they're about .25gm each. If I pack them tight they're about .35gm - .4gm each. I've tried packing .5gm into pills but I end up breaking them in the process.

As a kid I hated taking pills. I think I had an aspirin stick to the back of my throat once and after that I hated them and I was always afraid of it happening again.

The best way to take pills (for me) is to put them in your mouth and then take a huge swig of water/beer/whatever and then swallow it all. Swig back a good 6 oz of fluid or more. Then take another swig once the pills are down. The pills go down better, they don't pile up below your throat and they dissolve faster.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules