Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

planning your future
    #1860090 - 08/28/03 08:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

how long have humans been thinking and preparing for their future?

when earlier tribes hunted animals; were they just going off their instinct to fill their bellies, or were they thinking to themselves: "Hrmmm, the more time I invest into hunting, the greater my skill will become, which will insure a more satisfying lifestyle in my future."

I bring this up because for the longest time I refused to think about my future, and make preperation for it. It just seemed so Unnatural or something... a robot's game. But damn, now I feel like it was a missing link to my brain, something I secretly craved... something to work for, skills to improve upon, etc.

this is the year 2003 isn't it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: planning your future [Re: Grav]
    #1860108 - 08/28/03 08:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ANything you CAN do is natural. Unless you consider yourself unatural, remember that if it can be done by your brain now, then its a part of evolution, so if you have the ability to think for the future, why not use it??? If it wasnt planning for the future how could we survive??, i mean, you eat refrigirated food right?? Isnt keeping stuff in your refrigirator planning for the future??

Barred Spiral

Re: planning your future [Re: Spokesman]
    #1860129 - 08/28/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

A lot cultures have have traditions which are designed to make a person into an adult. Our version is college, and college life, but that's not exactly ideal for everyone.

The demands of our society is much different than ever before. You have to define yourself by your career, which can work out well if your interests can be made into a career (my interest and passion is music, which in some ways is very difficult to make a career of, but not impossible). It's tough to find out what that career is, especially since you have to decide when you're 18 what you're going for the rest of your life.

I'm finding that half of my planning of my future is putting in effort and trying things, and half of it is knowing that it's going to take a while for things to happen, but as long as I'm trying, stuff will start to happen (at least I'm hopping, hehe).

The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology