Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelol5919
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: chinacat311]
    #1860407 - 08/28/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Uh no, when shrooms are grown outside contamination does not matter, or else there wouldnt be shrooms growing outside, and thus no shrooms growing inside.

Many people do it inside, and the summer just ended, it isnt almost winter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelol5919
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: lol5919]
    #1860452 - 08/28/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh. Also, when would I plant them in the ground, when I start seeing those little pin pricks?

OfflineBatman
JTO KREW

Loc: Gotham City
    #1860602 - 08/28/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Read the FAQ's Please! THANKS! :laugh:

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: Batman]
    #1860744 - 08/28/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The environment in the jars needs to be completely sterile for the mycelium to grow. When people talk about throwing contaminated cakes outdoors, they usually contaminate after they are fruited or have only a small amount of contamination in the jars. There is NO WAY to grow mushrooms with out time and effort. The way they grow in nature is complicated. If you are interested the life cycle of the mushroom or how to cultivate, then do some research. Stop asking silly questions.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Offlinechinacat311
the lizard king

Loc: washington, dc..the sourc...
    #1860884 - 08/28/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lol5919 said:
Uh no, when shrooms are grown outside contamination does not matter

i dont see why youre telling me im wrong when you obviously didnt know the answer when you first posted.

i guess you didnt read my post: 1000's of spores are sent into the air from a single mushroom, and all end up in a contaminated enviornment (i.e. DO NOT grow into shrooms) except a very lucky few. either grow your own (inside) or go find a cow field.

Offlinelol5919
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: Demiurge]
    #1860887 - 08/28/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Demiurge said:
The environment in the jars needs to be completely sterile for the mycelium to grow. When people talk about throwing contaminated cakes outdoors, they usually contaminate after they are fruited or have only a small amount of contamination in the jars. There is NO WAY to grow mushrooms with out time and effort. The way they grow in nature is complicated. If you are interested the life cycle of the mushroom or how to cultivate, then do some research. Stop asking silly questions.

Alright thanks.

Batman, I have been reading the FAQ, what part do you suggest I read?

Offlinemerlink
IntergalacticTraveler

Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: Demiurge]
    #1861516 - 08/29/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Demiurge said:

My buddy threw his contaminated jar out *BEFORE* it fruited, and ended up so far with only 1 single outdoor fruit -- better than nothing.

:smile:

--------------------
"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought." - Merlin

Offlinelol5919
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: merlink]
    #1862543 - 08/29/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

merlink said:
Quote:

Demiurge said:

My buddy threw his contaminated jar out *BEFORE* it fruited, and ended up so far with only 1 single outdoor fruit -- better than nothing.

Alright, so Im supposed to plant it when I see needle heads?

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
    #1862585 - 08/29/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have not read the above.... but i'll tell you this!

I've had them grow right out of my garbage can!!!!

I scraped off a few casings after a good flush and trashed it.. about a week later.. i open the lid and BAM!!! 1/2 a dozen good 10 inch long mushrooms!!!! no fanning, no spraying, nothing...

weird.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Offlinelol5919
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: PooPs]
    #1863195 - 08/29/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Why did you trash a casing after one good flsuh?

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1863556 - 08/29/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

things sometimes dont work out perfectly every time-i would recommend instead of pouring over the faq's read ALL of the posts in the last couple months-just keep goin and goin till you think u cant learn any more(which will never happen with this hobby) once you are done and have read over 3/4 or ALL the possible tek's there are to grow then you can come up with what would work best for you and pick one tek and expand from there. you will have to do the pf tek or a similar brain free tek to introduce you to what happens. read it what i recommended you read and will be able to coach people like you right now in a while. once u have your jars and you got a hold of growing then take those jars and mix with cow/horse shit and throw it in a bin outside and let that colonize-if the jars are 100% colonized then you dont have to worry about contams outsided because uv rays take care of that. if you live near the coast in washington where it is always over 70% humidity and rains every wekk or two then you will be good to go. the prime outdoor season for "psilocybe cubensis" (what you want to start with-pick any strain but Golden Teacher is awesome all around) is early fall from late aug maybe to october 'maybe' depending on rain and humidity. but if you want to make an outdoor patch then do the pf tek that will cost 20 bucks to start and start it now!! because in one month will be the time to start your outdoor when the temps lower a bit. so bottom line is you should have read all the teks and faqs 3 months ago, done the pf tek and be just in time for the best outdoor season-because after three months of full time cultivation you will know whats going on-the best way to learn is to do it and do the pf tek to start. good luck-ur welcome to pm me with anything else.

Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: jakeholman]
    #1863575 - 08/29/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

read the pf tek

OfflineBatman
JTO KREW

Loc: Gotham City
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1863622 - 08/29/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah read the PF tek then read the FAQ's then read the posts then read the Grow logs then read The book Intensity..... then.................. lather, rinse, Repeat!

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: Batman]
    #1863631 - 08/29/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Holy,  Batman.....

I know you.......    hehehehe

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineGoodOlBattonAss
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: chinacat311]
    #1864079 - 08/29/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

When cakes get made they are sterilized, and inocculated with mushroom spores under sterile conditions. They are then put into an environment which emulates the stomach of a cow (very moist and around 86 degrees). The spores germinate and form into mycelium. After the mycelium colonizes the entire jar, the cakes are taken out and put into an environment which emulates their natural habitat (moderate temps and high humidity). Once the cakes are introduced into this environment the mycelium makes mushrooms.

So, no you can't make cakes under unsterile conditions and expect mushrooms to grow. All that is going to grow is mold and other forms of harmful fungus. The reason for this is that no mold or other fungus is present in the stomach of a cow, therefore the mushrooms have evolved no natural defences for them.

So read up and stop asking questions that we have all learned for ourselves. Posting in this board requires some kind of knowledge of the life cycle of mushrooms. You don't go into a computer bulletin board and ask, "How do I build a computer" with no knowledge of computer hardware.

--------------------

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Mushrooms that grow on their own? [Re: GoodOlBattonAss]
    #1880324 - 09/04/03 03:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well Stated GoodOlBattonAss!

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds