Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1858358 - 08/28/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Since those who pacify cannot be a effective leader (or one of substance), i'll stick to what i originally wrote. Feel free to defend Carter, you may be the only one talking.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1858507 - 08/28/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Those results look pretty comprehensive.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1858520 - 08/28/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mr_Mushrooms explained it all

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: ]
    #1858532 - 08/28/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I hate polls like these because they are too lopsided. A good poll would include ALL the presidents and to be of value should only be taken by those familliar with all the presidents down to the size of their underwear.

I think all the presidents are included, hence the "other" choice. I agree that it's not complete because of the times that these presidents served. ie: Slaves, civil rights, nukes, gay rights etc...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1858548 - 08/28/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I voted for our current president, but now that I think about it, Andrew Jackson was pretty bad too.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1858646 - 08/28/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would say Reagan is definitely in the top 3 worst presidents of all time...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Rono]
    #1860065 - 08/28/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I can't choose between Reagan,Nixon,and Bush Jr. It's just too hard.

Fuck it. I'll go with Nixon because he officially started the War On Drugs.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1860305 - 08/28/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
Since those who pacify cannot be a effective leader (or one of substance), i'll stick to what i originally wrote.

See that's exactly why Gazz and I challenged your statement. You clearly implied this to be the case.

I'd argue that peacemakers are the greatest leaders, but maybe that's a difference in liberal and conservative thought.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: ]
    #1860314 - 08/28/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:
A good poll would include ALL the presidents and to be of value should only be taken by those familliar with all the presidents down to the size of their underwear.

Unfortunately neither the poll nor this forum meets those criteria.

Ah shucks, and here I was getting ready to sell a story with these results to the Associated Press.  :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #1861588 - 08/29/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

why is Bill so low? (poll wise)
Cruise Missile Strikes on Afghanistan and Sudan
NATO bombings Kosovo and Serbia
US bombs Chinese embassy in Belgrade
etc.
In terms of foreign policy i'd say he(his gov't) possibly worse then Bush jr. But i guess people can't really remember much bout him other then the sex scandle. These polls are horrible, people will only select either the most familiar or recent options.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: hubertd8]
    #1861603 - 08/29/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There was no Patriot Act under Clinton, and the entire world didn't hate us back then like they do now.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1861639 - 08/29/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

In defense of Lincoln, war has always entailed a heightening of socialization. There's never been any other way to fund a war than the collective.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: hubertd8]
    #1861705 - 08/29/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hubertd8 said:
These polls are horrible, people will only select either the most familiar or recent options. 

I agree with that.  But wouldn't you say Clinton, Bush, and Reagan are all familiar and recent options?

What is unusual about George W. is not the lack of support for him; he enjoys the usual support from fellow party members that most presidents enjoy.  What is unusual is the amazing level of hatred against him from people outside his party.  This may be the most divided the country has ever been since the Civil War.  Most presidents you dislike because of their tax policy, their stand on abortion, or the fact they had a personal scandal.  But Bush has gone far beyond these "normal" things.  He is destroying our freedoms, ignoring our constitution, killing people around the globe, making the US the world's most hated country, and not doing a damn thing in the meantime to make the American people better off (except the rich, of course, who have gotten a lot out of Bush).

I was just curious to see if people did indeed hate Bush a lot more than "normal".  And it seems they do...  :frown: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1861789 - 08/29/03 04:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I was just curious to see if people did indeed hate Bush a lot more than "normal".

Actually, people on this site (a drug site) hate him more than normal. I've pointed out to you before that this site does not give an accurate picture on this type of poll.

I believe it wouldn't matter who the president was, the majority here would like him if he was a dem, and will hate any repub.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1861832 - 08/29/03 04:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You clearly implied this to be the case.

I implied nothing, you're just unhappy that many find pacifism to be of a weak attribute. You libbies like to read into everything without thinking.

Thinking really works, try it.

Quote:

I'd argue that peacemakers are the greatest leaders, but maybe that's a difference in liberal and conservative thought

to imply that liberals want peace and cons want war is a pretty lame to say the least, weren't you the one that said that you don't stereo type?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1861985 - 08/29/03 07:21 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thinking really works, try it.

There's a song that goes...

To dream the impossible dream,
to fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow,
to run where the brave dare not go........

Can you imagine????? A thinking libbie?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1862021 - 08/29/03 07:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Innvertigo said:
"I implied nothing, you're just unhappy that many find pacifism to be of a weak attribute.  You libbies like to read into everything without thinking.  Thinking really works, try it."

A pacifist is "one who believes that disputes between nations should and can be settled peacefully."  You said "...those who pacify cannot be a effective leader (or one of substance)...."  Therefore, to be a good leader, you must not be a pacifist.  One who is not a pacifist is a warmonger (you're either for peace, or you're for war - what other option is there?)  Therefore, Gazz and I suggested you use the term "warmonger" rather than "leader".

As far as the "try thinking" comment goes, now you're getting into ad hominen attacks, which LDS has shown his approval for in his last post...  :mad2:  (have another red face lds, I know how much you luv 'em  :wink:)

Cornholio said:
I'd argue that peacemakers are the greatest leaders, but maybe that's a difference in liberal and conservative thought."

Innvertigo said:
"to imply that liberals want peace and cons want war is a pretty lame to say the least, weren't you the one that said that you don't stereo type?"

To repeat, you said "...those who pacify cannot be a effective leader (or one of substance)...."  If you're against peace, then you must be for war.  What other option is there? 

And I agree, we shouldn't stereotype.  Wait a minute, in the very same post you said "You libbies like to read into everything without thinking."  Talk about being hypocritical!  :wink:   

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1862026 - 08/29/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Try #3, it'll do you good.

Or maybe  :bong:

Or 

:razz:

Main Entry: 1hu?mor
Pronunciation: 'hy?-m&r, 'y?-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English humour, from Middle French humeur, from Medieval Latin & Latin; Medieval Latin humor, from Latin humor, umor moisture; akin to Old Norse vokr damp, Latin humEre to be moist, and perhaps to Greek hygros wet
Date: 14th century
1 a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph) b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity
2 a in medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids entering into the constitution of the body and determining by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament b : characteristic or habitual disposition or bent : TEMPERAMENT c : an often temporary state of mind imposed especially by circumstances d : a sudden, unpredictable, or unreasoning inclination : WHIM
3 a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1862041 - 08/29/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This link is for inny.  He wanted an example.  :wink: 

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (08/29/03 07:56 AM)

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1862071 - 08/29/03 08:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

By the way fellas, I don't have a very good sense of humor in terms of my writing style.  I try to throw in a few  :wink:'s to show that I'm just having fun, so I hope I don't come across as being too much of a jerk.  :smirk: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom