Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

fruiting chamber for bulk casings
    #1858582 - 08/28/03 12:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have noticed that some people spawn directly in rubbermaid chambers like those used to host cakes. How would this be placed in a larger chamber or is it like the bulk neglect tek and misting and the casing layer will provide all it needs. I was thinking that this could then be incubated by placing it in the double tubberware incubator and instead of the floating one holding jars you could have the spawn kept at a uniform as possible temp of 85 while colonizing.
I heard from a post that tubberwares do not work as well as cardboard boxes with plastic wrap and need holes poked in the bottom. If this is the case then the incubating plan would not work. Any ideas? Id it jsut easier to spawn in a smaller container that can be easily incubated. It just seems like this would interfere with the ability to complete larger projects with greater substrate depth.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: fruiting chamber for bulk casings [Re: thisone]
    #1858700 - 08/28/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I do bulk grows in rubbermaid roughnecks (spawned and cased) and simply covered with a Saran Quick wrap (the one with elastics) poked all over with an empty syringe. my bulk grows are usually too big to put in a terrarium setup, but if you have room???

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
Re: fruiting chamber for bulk casings [Re: thisone]
    #1858702 - 08/28/03 01:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you dont need to incubate bulk projects because they generate their own heat. personally i just spawn directy into a large rubbermaid and does the job just fine.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation