Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBelaskO_Tha_Juggla
Juggalo
Loc: Shangri-La
So....um.....
    #1856888 - 08/27/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, its been raining lately and I've went hunting on several occasions when the conditions have been perfect and you know what I've found....oh thats right...not a damn thing. I dont really know what to do, I want to grow some but I have to wait on that, so until then I'm stuck hunting for 'em. So anyway, it's been weeks and this damn field hasnt produced anything. I know of other fields that are further out of town but the problem is that they're populated by cows...lots and lots of horrible cows which I explained my hatred/fear of in a post a week or two ago. So anyway, whats the deal? Is it past growing season or is Mother Nature just being a greedy bitch? Or....should I just try to go to the Cow fields and dodge around 'em look in for shrooms in the middle of the night?

--------------------
"In Hell the mimes scream loudest."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: So....um..... [Re: BelaskO_Tha_Juggla]
    #1857083 - 08/27/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ok, first i will say that nature isn't being greedy. she does her job as it was dictated by the force that created the all.

you said that you are hunting when conditions are perfect. does this mean that you are fully aquainted with the species you can expect to find in your area and the conditions under wich they grow?
if so, all i can say is to keep on hunting untill you find the right approach. if you are not, you should become so and plan your hunts accordingly and you will find your luck improved.

when you mention hunting in the middle of the night i assume you mean that you have to hunt at night so you aren't noticed. if this is so i have to suggest you try to aquire permission to hunt on any private property you night find yourself entering [just looking out...].

good luck and happy hunting.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinedarkmaula
    #1857614 - 08/28/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Since you're afraid of cows, I'm assuming that the field you hunt in has none... which means no cow dung, which means not a very good chance of finding actives...

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: So....um..... [Re: darkmaula]
    #1857630 - 08/28/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

not necesarily. many cattle raisers rotate thier cattle between fields. they put them out to graze in one field untill the pickings are getting slim then rotate them to another and irrigate the first. they repeat this cycle over and over and; hence, only have to spend a quarter as much on irrigation.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: So....um..... [Re: canid]
    #1857748 - 08/28/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

just watch out for the carnivorous cows.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: So....um..... [Re: whole9]
    #1857789 - 08/28/03 02:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

funny story: soem friends of mine and i went hunting in a pasture once and we kept finding cow bones all over the place. they suspected canibalism, i think it was alien mutilation.

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #1858000 - 08/28/03 05:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

or hungry bums

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: So....um..... [Re: Dobie]
    #1858008 - 08/28/03 05:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

heh :smile:.

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #1858019 - 08/28/03 05:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

im glad the mushrooms i pick arent near cows just deer and seals and one time a bear

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: So....um..... [Re: Dobie]
    #1858224 - 08/28/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cows can be damgerous damn it! I also got chased down by a horse on time- is that normal- could it be because of it's young or something? I feel you BelaskO_Tha_Juggla- you just stay afraid like you should rightly be- these animals don't fucking play.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1858577 - 08/28/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What state are you hunting in?

OfflinenewAK
Loc: Alaska
Re: So....um..... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1858614 - 08/28/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe the horse Buddhathehut thought you were picking its shrooms. hehe thats whats pissing off those cows too. Leggo my shrooms.

Offlinedarkmaula
Re: So....um..... [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1859384 - 08/28/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you said cows are dangerous then went on to tell a story about a horse...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: So....um..... [Re: darkmaula]
    #1859432 - 08/28/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cows are truly benevolent creatures that are to be respected. The last time I went hunting I got to see a calf being born and I went right up to within 20 feet of the calf afterwards. The mother cow kept her eyes on me but didn't act in any way agressive. Most animals will attact you if you even act like you are walking towards their young. All you have to do is keep an eye on where the cows are and try to keep a comfort zone between you.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: So....um..... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1862747 - 08/29/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

my friends and i went camping in west virginia one year, and drove through a huge field doing donuts, then all of a sudden we see these cows. my friend gets out and sits on the hood of the car and we drove up next to them. he was screaming at them and reaching off the car trying to touch them. then like 10 cows grouped together and starting walking really fast towards the car. we locked the doors with him on the hood and he almost shit himself he was so scared. haha. memories.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: So....um..... [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1863244 - 08/29/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

so you tresspassed, herasses livestock, drove reclessly and drove with a passenger on the hood all at the same time... that's impressive. i hope you learned not to do doughnuts in pastures at least. that could have ended a lot worse.

[edit: edited so it wouldn't sound as rude.]

--------------------

Edited by concretefeet (08/29/03 04:02 PM)

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #1864453 - 08/30/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Blaming Mother Nature for not producing shrooms in a comfortable environment to accomodate you and your fear of cattle!?!?!?!?

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: So....um..... [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1865506 - 08/30/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This is a prime example of everything not to do in a cowfield.

Quote:

my friends and i went camping in west virginia one year, and drove through a huge field doing donuts, then all of a sudden we see these cows. my friend gets out and sits on the hood of the car and we drove up next to them. he was screaming at them and reaching off the car trying to touch them. then like 10 cows grouped together and starting walking really fast towards the car. we locked the doors with him on the hood and he almost shit himself he was so scared. haha. memories.

You're lucky nobody got hurt by a cow, shot by a farmer, or arrested by the police.

Complete disrespect.
-If i was a cow i would have fucked you and your car up.

GGreatOne234

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck