Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRomi
Indigo Child
 User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine
Smoking weed while pregnant?
    #18575168 - 07/18/13 09:11 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

What's your view in the matter, male and female.

Will you do it? Will you let your girl do it? Thoughts? I would love your POV on this one. :sun:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.

Loc: poop
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Romi]
    #18575184 - 07/18/13 09:17 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

probably not a good idea, but some people drink and smoke ciggs while pregnant, so in the scheme of things, it could be worse

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

InvisibleBender B Rodriguez
The Greatest
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, CO
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18575189 - 07/18/13 09:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If was having a baby I would not want my baby mamma smoking weed.

Invisible22Carat
I'm a teapot

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Romi]
    #18575194 - 07/18/13 09:21 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a guy, but if I was a pregnant woman I wouldn't even risk it. Hell, if I was a pregnant woman I wouldn't even be drinking tea, let alone something as psychoactive as ganja. It just seems like it could mess with the child's growth.

--------------------

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: 22Carat]
    #18575213 - 07/18/13 09:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I smoked weed while I was pregnant (for two weeks)  but my situation was a tad different.
I had hyperemesis gravidarum and I couldn't stop throwing up or being nauseas. We ended up having to have an abortion, I don't think in he future I will smoke while pregnant but if I have HG again I probably will. Or maybe I wont because like I said, didn't help me.

Weed didn't help at ALL. AT ALL. I don't know how it helps cancer patients Bc when I was extremely sick, it did nothing.

I don't think smoking weed while pregnant is harmful. They are now saying you can drink alcohol while pregnant so.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: VivaLaMushie] * 1
    #18575228 - 07/18/13 09:31 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

VivaLaMushie said:
They are now saying you can drink alcohol while pregnant so.

I think people with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome would beg to differ.

Probably best to limit intake of exogenous drugs and substances while pregnant.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
Female User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: badchad]
    #18575233 - 07/18/13 09:33 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Look it up. There was a study done not long ago so I'm not making shit up.

They say as long as you don't drink in your first trimester, having a few beers isn't going to hurt.

I hardly drink so I highly doubt I would feel the need to drink while pregnant.

Don't freak out on me dude

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: VivaLaMushie] * 1
    #18575261 - 07/18/13 09:42 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You're correct, as I'm fairly certain I found that study you're referring to (and it is indeed, interesting). 

However one should exercise caution because at some (perhaps undefined) "threshold" of drinking and/or combination of drinking and stage of development, we run into problems.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
Female User Gallery

#18575284 - 07/18/13 09:53 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Sure. I agree w that as well. I don't see the medical benefit from drinking booze while pregnant, its not going to give my baby super powers hahaha some people just need that drink lol

--------------------

OfflineKevinDontWave
Kiwi Cat
I'm a teapot

Loc: The Desert of the Mind
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #18575299 - 07/18/13 09:58 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
:mushroomgrow::awesome2::awebigvaped::mushroomgrow:

:piggy:Pigs treat us as equals. Never wrestle with pigs.:piggy:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #18575304 - 07/18/13 10:00 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldnt smoke cause if they drug tested you while your in the hospital and found weed they'd take your baby away or some shit.

but you don't really need drugs to give birth to a baby it's not that bad.

I actually read mothers that smoke weed have a lesser chance of miscarrying but I wouldn't suggest it, maybe  a vape wouldn't be bad.

OfflineSynocybin
Thread Killer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
    #18575320 - 07/18/13 10:04 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

my gf smoked weed with our first one to help her with nausea, which it did, she honestly couldnt blink without puking lol

but my daughter is sharp as a tack and i'm not just saying that because shes my daughter, she'll be 4 in two weeks and can read like a 2nd grader, we were told we needed to move her into elevated classes but we dont want to push her to be any older than she has to be right now..

on the opposing end, she hasnt smoked weed since and was pregnant with our son without indulging at all, he'll be 1 in two weeks as well (birthdays are 5 days apart) and he's progressing just like his sister at his age... walking, nay, running around, talking in choppy sentances..

so the arguement on smoking weed during pregnancy is probably just that, an arguement..

i've never really read any studies on smoking weed while pregnant, so :shrug:

--------------------
Synocybin's Penis Envy Grow Log!
OUTDOOR SPENT TRAY GROW PICS!!
X7X Grow Log

Luigi on Shrooms said:
Its been 4weeks since i cased what is going on?
i used human manure(mine) vermiculite and coco coir

OfflineRorge
Scoundrel
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Synocybin]
    #18575398 - 07/18/13 10:33 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Probably better to err on the side of safety and stay drug free as a pregnant woman. Jesus, I knew some 32 year old girl (woman?) who was a chain smoking drug addict and had a baby. Poor thing was born with its heart outside of its chest along with other birth defects.

I don't actually know if it lived. Again, not just weed, many drugs including lots of cigs.

Also, who knows what else "street weed" contains other than weed. I'm not claiming it is laced, but why take the chance?

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not nor ever will be pregnant, cuz my baby'd be fuuuuuuucked.

Offlinelilhippiegirl
metanoia
Female User Gallery

#18575489 - 07/18/13 10:53 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

We've already had a very heated discussion about this topic here are my views:

I believe that if you quit smoking cigarettes, drinking, if your eating healthy getting the exercise you need, taking your vitamins etc that smoking weed shouldn't be a problem. I smoked through my pregnancy for a number of reasons, pain, nausea, stress. I chose to smoke weed instead of taking the handful of pills they wanted me to take. I gave a natural birth. My daughter is advanced, not my words the Dr' s. Lol I think she's  to smart for her own good. She's calmer and communicates well (little to no tantrums)

Studies done in Jamaica have shown that not only is it not harmful but babies with mothers who have smoked seemed to be more alert earlier and calmer in general.

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/2009/12/20/marijuana-cannabis-use-in-pregnancy-dr-melanie-dreher/
"She expected to see a difference in the babies as far as birth weight and neuro tests, but there was no difference whatsoever. The differences that the researchers did notice, that are unexplained and kind of curious are that the babies of the women who had smoked cannabis — and we’re talking about daily use during their pregnancy — socialized more quickly, made eye contact more quickly and were easier to engage.
30-day test showed that children of ganja-using mothers were superior to children of non-ganja mothers in two ways: the children had better organization and modulation of sleeping and waking, and they were less prone to stress-related anxiety."

Here's a more in-depth studies
http://www.druglibrary.org/SCHAFFER/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

Melanie Dreher and colleagues at UMass Amherst began a longitudinal study to assess the well-being of infants and children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy. The researchers lived in rural Jamaican communities among the women they were studying. Thirty cannabis-using pregnant women were matched for age and socio-economic status with 30 non-users. Dreher et al compared the course of their pregnancies and their neo-natal outcomes, using various standard scales.

No differences were detected three days after birth. At 30 days the exposed babies did better than the non-exposed on all the scales and significantly better on two of the scales (having to do with autonomic stability and reflexes).

Follow-up studies were conducted when the kids were four and five (just before entering school and after). The moms were defined as light users (1-10 spliffs per week), moderate (11-20), and heavy (21-70). Consumption of ganja tea was also taken into account.

The children were measured at age four using three sets of criteria: the McCarthy scale, which measures verbal ability, perceptivity, quantitative skills, memory and motor; a "behavioral style" scale measuring temperament, based on a 72-item questionnaire filled out by the child's primary caregiver; and a "quality of housing" index to indicate socioeconomic status.

"No Differences at All."

When they controlled for the household ratings, Dreher recounted April 8 at the Patients Out of Time Conference in Santa Barbara, her team "found absolutely no differences" between the children whose mothers were non-users and the children from the three groups of users. "No differences at all."

When testing the children at age five, Dreher measured school attendance and introduced an additional measure, the "home scale," accounting for stimulation in the physical and language environment, and other inputs affecting development. " Low income Jamaican children do not have a lot of toys," Dreher noted, "but It is not unusual for a two-and-a-half year old to be washing out her father's handkerchiefs to learn some adult skills."

As with the age-four studies, no differences were found among the exposed and non-exposed groups. But analysis of the home scale revealed that "stimulation with toys, games, reading material" was significantly related to measures on the McCarthy scale -verbal, perceptual, memory, and general cognition- and to mood. There was also a relationship between basic school attendance and McCarthy-scale measurements.

"We can't conclude that there is necessarily no impact from prenatal ganja use but we can conclude that the child who attends basic school regularly, is provided with a variety of stimulating experiences at home, who is encouraged to show mature behavior, has a profoundly better chance of performing at a higher level on the skills measured by the McCarthy scale whether or not his or her mother used ganja during pregnancy," said Dreher.

"Hello, hello! If you go to school you're going to do better on these criteria. It doesn't sound like a very interesting finding but given what everybody else was finding, we thought it was pretty darned interesting."

After recounting her methodology and conclusions, Dreher said: "This study was published in 1991 --15 years ago. What is the impact of this study? Absolutely none! A recent article by Huizink and Mulder reviewing all the literature on cannabis use in pregnancy reports only two longitudinal cohorts -- Peter Fried's Ottawa Prenatal Prospective study and Richardson and Day's Maternal Health Practices and Child Development study. They reported increased tremors and startles (Fried); altered sleep patterns (R&D); signs of stress (Lester); impulsive and hyperactive behavior at six years old, more delinquent behavior, more impulsive behavior..."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11843371

"The results of this study suggest that the use of cannabis during pregnancy was not associated with increased risk of perinatal mortality or morbidity in this sample. However, frequent and regular use of cannabis throughout pregnancy may be associated with small but statistically detectable decrements in birthweight."

Any who what I've found to be true is that smoking anything of any kind in large amounts will effect your child. So if your smoking all day every day you should rethink but if you share a bowl or two a day, should be no problems.

--------------------

Edited by lilhippiegirl (07/18/13 11:13 AM)

Offlineurbannerd
W.TheMushroomTip
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #18575558 - 07/18/13 11:14 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Synocybin said:

so the arguement on smoking weed during pregnancy is probably just that, an arguement..

This is true.

There are no studies/research that proves it is bad for you or the baby.

They way I look at it is, it just depends on the strain itself and how
you smoke it.

Itd be best to smoke some indoor grown stuff, with no pesticides or
chemicals, and smoking it through a vape or bong or even just a piece
but no lighters (cause of the butane) so you should use those cool
hemp wicks. So that means no Js or blunts.

--------------------
Soaking in the energy of the universe since '91

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Romi] * 1
    #18575651 - 07/18/13 11:34 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

No no no noooooooo, don't do it. Your not suppose to some ciggerates or drink alcohol, it's way too risky I wouldn't do it. It's not worth the risk at all.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #18575690 - 07/18/13 11:42 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

VivaLaMushie said:
They are now saying you can drink alcohol while pregnant so.

I think people with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome would beg to differ.

Probably best to limit intake of exogenous drugs and substances while pregnant.

People with fetal alcohol syndrome get like that from excessive amounts of drinking, not from drinking in moderation.

In France, they say 1 glass of red wine a day is healthy for the baby. In Germany, they say 1 glass of beer is acceptable while pregnant.

With that said, probably should abstain from all drugs and alcohol especially during the 1st trimester. that is the most crucial stage of development in a fetus

Offlinelilhippiegirl
metanoia
Female User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18575704 - 07/18/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yup In later pregnancy is really good for you to drink one wheat beer a day brings in your breast milk like  A LOT lol my close friend went from a c to a EE

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18575748 - 07/18/13 11:58 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Theres absolutely no ill effects from smoking weed while pregnant. Minor setbacks in fetal cognition were seen in some studies but they didnt last past the first year and a half and no adverse effects were ever seen to last into childhood. Its perfectly safe. I've heard multiple doctors say the same thing as well.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Smoking weed while pregnant? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #18575779 - 07/18/13 12:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It seems there are several problems with research into MJ and pregnancy.  The most obvious is that controlled, prospective studies are impossible to perform.  No review board on earth would approve of such a study.

The second problem is that the effects of MJ (if any) are subtle, and probably won't show up until adulthood.  By that time, it's difficult to control for the variety of variables a person experiences throughout their life.

So what you're left with are correlational studies all around, and studies utilizing exceptionally advanced statistical models.  This makes their interpretation exceptionally difficult. 

Personally, I think its short-sighted either way to make concrete conclusions.  With that being said, I feel its wise to err on the side of caution.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals