Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

#1856476 - 08/27/03 10:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's funny how we, as an anthropocentric creature(s), turn even the most mundane and trivial accualizations into a great, seemingly destined, embodiment of truth. It's a survival meathod, I suppose. To have no faith in yourself (as a species) is to live in an apathetic bliss, but only for (and here is the point) one generation, as it happens. One generation! OH MY! No more buffalos! (And people say: "No, they are bison, you asshole")

Well, it already turned into something unsubstantial.

The things we think about durring the day. The things that come instantly and go even faster. They are amazing, really. Pineapples glistening on a moon-struck podium. I have to look up all of these words, to make sure I spell them correctly, as such.

Will someone talk in circles with me? Hey, thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: substantiated [Re: ]
    #1856521 - 08/27/03 10:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

vapid and unsequential are my words of the day.

When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Re: substantiated [Re: Infrared]
    #1856525 - 08/27/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thats funny, that you said that, really. I usually just type shit to see how many silly words i can put together, while things still make sense and have some hint of 'truth' to them.

Hey, thanks.

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair

Loc: Under your bed
Re: substantiated [Re: ]
    #1857196 - 08/28/03 01:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That's sad how the hooker crys in the sink about the fact that her makeup runs when she crys. The doctor would have something to say about that, but my HMO doesn't cover methane metaphors. So I take cover in the bushes and I know that the politicians got glocks on my enemies. "Gang Wars" will be the name of my first book printed after the structure falls and blood becomes currency. Life is still beautiful and I know that the only thing to fear is fear itself, but sometimes I cry with that hooker. Sometimes I'm right by her side.

"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Re: substantiated [Re: the universe]
    #1858756 - 08/28/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

SECOND BIRD WATCHER: That is only a sparrow.

? A devaluation has occurred. The bird itself has disappeared into the sarcophagus of its sign. The unique living creature is assigned to its class of signs, a second-class mummy in the basement collection of mummy cases.

? But a recovery is possible. The signified can be recovered from the ossified signifier, sparrow from sparrow.

? A sparrow can be recovered under conditions of catastrophe.

? The German soldier in All Quiet on the Western Front could see an ordinary butterfly as a creature of immense beauty and value in the trenches of the Somme.

? A poet can wrench signifier out of context and exhibit it in all its strangeness and splendor. C?zanne recovered apples from the commonplace sign, apples.

? Scientists recover the inexhaustible mystery of the signified from the mundane closed-off simulacrum of the world-sign.

? One sees a line of ants crossing the sidewalk and sees it as -- ants crossing the sidewalk. Fabre saw ants crossing the sidewalk and stopped to wonder where they came from, where they were going, how they knew how to get there, and why. Then, like von Frisch and his bees, he discovered there is no end to the mystery of ants.

from Walker  Percy's Lost in the Cosmos, The Last Self-Help Book  :smile:

Edited by farfelu (08/28/03 02:29 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub