Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelostetter
wonder
IS THIS NORMAL?
    #1855972 - 08/27/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, I am 17 years old and I am really interested in taking mushrooms for the spiritual part of the trip and also to help me sort out my brain.{which I will explain} I have done A lot of research about it and I am sure I want to do them but I don?t know I can handle it psychologically. I used to smoke weed daily when I was 15, then some real FUCKED UP thing happened to me and now when I get high I feel as though the people I smoke with are talking bad about me (although I know they are not) and get a lot of anxiety ? (which did not happen until the Fucked up thing did) Now even sober I feel as though people are always talking about me, think I am lying (although I am not), think im a snitch (which I am not) don?t like me, think I am not cool? all of which makes me anti social WHEN I USED TO BE OUTGOING ? it is getting less intense in the past 2 years but is still there and I just wish all the thoughts would end!! So I think shrooms might ?sort out my thoughts? as I work through them but im not sure if I should do them because I know if you have mental problems you shouldn?t do them. I also think I am a psychic! (I know it?s really weird believe me, I try to convince myself I am not but the thoughts still come.) if ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR THINKS THE SAME WAY TOO, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! (its really hard to explain all my weird thoughts in words but I am trying?)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: lostetter]
    #1855982 - 08/27/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Id say not to, seems like a problem, if your getting anxiety that bad while just doing pot, shrooms would be that like 10 fold, in my oppinion. work your problems out before tripping.

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Loc: FL
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: dibbles]
    #1856008 - 08/27/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I use to get supper paranoid when I smoked (look threw my posts for the thread if you care to see just how paranoid), and during that time I tripped and never once had a bad trip(although I've tripped dozens of times and never had a bad trip). I think if you just make you surroundings comfortable you should be fine. However, if you trip outside with the same friends you'll obviously have the same thoughts.

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1856036 - 08/27/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you have one good friend that you feel comfortable with, I'd recommend taking a low dose--maybe 1.5 - 2 grams and going along for the ride. If this freaks you out, then don't do 'em after that till you're straight.

If you're paranoid about everybody and still want to shroom, you could think about taking a very low dose by yourself to see if you get these anxieties, maybe take .5 - 1 gram or something. Sounds like you got some issues, so I think the best bet would just to wait longer and try and figure out these problems sober.

Offlineshowcivic17
good fella
Loc: northeastern USA
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: eggystardust]
    #1856092 - 08/27/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

although dippleas is right,because me too when i smoke i ALWAYS think people are talking about me,its because im parinoid(spell?).i learned how to control it where it doesnt bother me at all i know its just me,but on shrooms i was never pparinoind at all because on weed you smell and your eyes get blood shot.on shrooms no one knows

OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

#1856128 - 08/27/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Don't take drugs to sort out problems induced by other drugs.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: FlowGnome]
    #1856232 - 08/27/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

WHAT? minors on the shroomery that couldnt be. Maybe he was posing a hypothetical situation. yea that must be it

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: d33p]
    #1856277 - 08/27/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure he's turning 18 next week so let's help him out, I say you try a little bit of shrooms, say 1.5 g and just see how you feel. If it's all good then slowly build up your dose, if you start to get paranoid then stop doing shrooms and weed and try to sort out your problems before coming trying drugs again.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1856356 - 08/27/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was jokin by the way. But i say have a good sitter and nothing to bad should happen. As long as your not realy serriously fucked up in the head

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1856362 - 08/27/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Taking shrooms won't solve everything totally. It's going to take effort on your part. However, shrooms can be a catalyst to change. Wait while before dosing.

--------------------

Offlinelostetter
wonder
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1856456 - 08/27/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for your input.... and im a female :smile: I have read alot of reaserch about 'solving your problems' because your faces with them.. and The problem wasn't induced by drugs... it was induced by horrible assholes who dont have anyconcern for the trama they put into peoples lives. 

Anonymous

#1856484 - 08/27/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i get real paranoid when smoking pot, lots of mental confusion, etc.

mushrooms are much easier to handle, to me. no paranoia or much confusion. at least its much different and more manageable.

Anonymous

Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: ]
    #1857678 - 08/28/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

id say go for it, you may have a shitty trip, but it might help you sort things out. just be ready to have some fucked up thoughts, thats all.

Offlinebeam
    #1857923 - 08/28/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lostetter said:
thanks for your input.... and im a female :smile: I have read alot of reaserch about 'solving your problems' because your faces with them.. and The problem wasn't induced by drugs... it was induced by horrible assholes who dont have anyconcern for the trama they put into peoples lives. 

Yeah and weed assisted in helping you develop anxiety because of these people. I know exactly what you mean, i'm 17 and have anxiety as well and when i was 15 i was smoking everyday as well and i can tell you thats what assisted in giving me anxiety because of events in my life and as you said people who constantly make fun of you, you know they do it only to make their own miserable selves feel better.

I have tripped with other people present 2 times 1 tripping with friends another having non trippers present and one of those times i did freak out, i do get anxious about other people judging me, but it was more fucked up re-occuring thoughts that sent me into it that does involve peoples attituted towards me. Like when you smoke with other people, one tiny little thought of that constant thought you go through will throw you into that constant thought loop, it can easly happen in a trip although less likely.

All the advice i have is do what you want, it can cure you, it has me before but i kept on smoking weed and taking other drugs which brought it back.

And by the way i get anxious posting on here to, most of this board is mature enough not to judge you and there are a few other people on these boards with anxiety as well.

I am at the moment preparing for an experience that will hopefully cure me again, i did it by accident last time but i am going to fully prepare my self for this a lot.

Also see a psychologist, they help a lot.

Anonymous

Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: beam]
    #1857932 - 08/28/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you mean 18 right?

Offlinebeam
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: ]
    #1857934 - 08/28/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah  :wink:

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: beam]
    #1858246 - 08/28/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Do SHROOMS they are good :laugh:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1858335 - 08/28/03 08:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I never have severe paranoia on Weed. Sometimes a little, but it's all good. On shrooms I can't have a good trip though, which sucks.
I read something on the shroomery about taking a little Xanax before using shrooms to relieve anxiety. You could try that. I might try that as well sometime.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: IS THIS NORMAL? [Re: Oook]
    #1858344 - 08/28/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know this is goin' to sound like some old cnut talkin' shite but i think everyone at the age mentioned suffers from this to one extreme or another. I know when i was growin' up takin' drugs i could hardly speak to people, friends as well as strangers. Believe me it does get easier, more confidence grows and you realise most people just cant be bothered bitchin' about you as they themselves are just as stoned. Thats my 2 pence worth.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1858404 - 08/28/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lostetter said:
I used to smoke weed daily when I was 15, then some real FUCKED UP thing happened to me and now when I get high I feel as though the people I smoke with are talking bad about me 

I'm no expert, but this is what I get from this line.

You get thoughts that people are thinking bad of you because of the thing that happened to you. In all reality if those people are your friends and they know what that thing is then they know that you are the victim in the situation (I'm assuming that somebody hurt you in some way). What I'm saying may be nothing new to you, but you just have to remind yourself that other people don't think bad of you for something that others did to you.

I hope that made sense to you and I hope that it helps.

As far as tripping goes I would suggest finding someone that you truly trust to be with you while tripping and then start at a low dose. Maybe someone that you could share those feelings and thoughts with. That way you don't have to be scared that the thoughts will be there because they will be the focus of the trip. That's what you are wanting to do anyway isn't it, try and work though those feelings while in an altered state of awareness.

Good luck and I hope that you only have happy thoughts the rest of your days and nights.  :smile: 

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom