Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGintoh1
Stranger
Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway?
    #18559295 - 07/14/13 08:59 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

So i'm 19 and smoked weed for years. Yet I don't actually enjoy it, there are moments where I feel like I "get" it but not most of the time. The thing is if you don't smoke weed that's such a social handicap, thats the only thing people at my school do when they hang out.

I mean what else would I do, can't play pretend ninjas in the backyard with my friends like when I was a kid and even if I did it wouldn't be fun anymore. Just sitting around talking or going to movies seems bland, even if it's with people who have the same interests. To be honest I smoke weed just hoping one day i'll "get" it.

Anyone else know this feeling?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: Gintoh1]
    #18559395 - 07/14/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know that feeling, it always put me on top of the world in my first couple years of smoking.

Sounds like you should try to be more active with your stoner buddies. Maybe go on hikes, something outside. Me and my pals used to just skateboard/bike or walk somewhere, just to smoke in a different place.

:shrug: :vibin:

Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: Gintoh1]
    #18559397 - 07/14/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Try picking up a sport. Meditating is an awesome hobby as well. Buying a longboard is one of the best decisions of my life. If all your friends do is smoke weed and "chill" and talk, either find new friends or go do some shit by yourself. Life is not meant to be spent stoned off your ass staring into a 42 inch glass screen man. I was there at one point, never going back. I might do that every once in a while though. It's kind of enjoyable to do it if you had a busy ass week and just need a night to relax, but not everyday.

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

#18559438 - 07/14/13 09:27 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I was the same way around the same age, not that im that much older now.
I know what you mean, when a friend would call me up to hang out or we would meet up weed would be one of the elements to our gathering. THis continued when I lived with my roommates(friends) they would smoke all the time. I would continue to do it and be a part of it even though i didnt really enjoy it. We would end up doing the same thing over and over and over again. It was like being caught in a bad head trip.
I wouldnt enjoy it because it made me anxious and I would feel uncomfortable around people. If you dont get anxiety from it, be glad for that atleast! The repetitiveness drove me crazy aswell.
Anyways, i eventually would just start smoking less. Take a couple hits, then when it comes back around say "na im good man" and then if they ask why just explain something like "it doesnt take much, im feelin it strong already".

Truth is, it doesnt take much for me and I would be smoking more than I needed by alot.

SO if you wanna smoke less, do it!

I also got to the point where i realized it was uncomfortable and just "not smart" to keep putting myself through an experience that didnt feel psychologically healthy for me.

So I would hang out, and maybe even before if they ask me i would say "im not down to burn but im down to chill". Id just hang out with them, do my thing be myself and it would be alright. That is OK too. You dont have to smoke, and if you are understanding towards yourself about this then other people will eventually be too. I still have friends that dont understand why I would pass up on smoking, but most of them have outgrown that thinking and understand/accept if i dont wanna smoke with them.

So do what you feel man. I can say even though i didnt enjoy weed, the intense weed experiences did provide me with a valuable contrast between my high self and ordinary self and i would appreciate the feeling of being sober that much more. Also, weed seems to make me more sensitive/aware of my body.

So in my experience smoking still has its place and value but as the old saying goes, "moderation is key".

------------------------------------------------------------

Now i hardly ever smoke. But I do now make weed edibles and take very low doses (less than .1 worth of weed). I enjoy it at this level, it still tunes me into my body and opens emotions but does not cloud me up so much and doesnt lead to excessive anxiety.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I have always been interested in different plants and the way they alter consciousness. Especially because weed was never that enjoyable to me. So maybe find some other psychoactive plants to bring and share with your friends. Usually that is a fun and interesting way to pass the time and everyone is cool with it.
(I tried everything from Kava, wormwood tea, damiana, mugwort, etc when I was younger. Then/now that I can get things in the mail there are alot of other options open.
I recommend: Kava, klip dagga, kanna, blue lotus. You could even try wild lettuce extract resin.

But honestly, even if you feel pressured to do it dont worry about it. There are always going to be people like that out there, and you can still hang out with your friends without smoking. They will come to accept it.
Focus on what you love and bring people into that. Get some exercise!

BTW, you can still play pretend ninjas and it might be more fun than you think.

Edited by weshroom (07/14/13 09:30 PM)

OfflineGintoh1
Stranger
Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: weshroom]
    #18559458 - 07/14/13 09:32 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well thank you very much, that was helpful. ^

Offlinegodisamushroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: 11nova]
    #18559462 - 07/14/13 09:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Most of my lack of enjoyment has been caused by too high of a tolerance to become enjoyably high. Sure, I can feel the THC and all the other lovely cannibinoids in my system, but it's just not worth the potential. With only a weeks break, those 5 joints you smoked today could have lasted you 5 days of getting enjoyably stoned.

I know what you mean, in my highschool, all the "cool" kids were just kids who didn't have any other reason to wake up in the morning than to smoke weed.
One day I finally picked up my skateboard that hadn't been used since middle school, and never looked back. There's nothing like the sense of accomplishment you get from those things.
Plus busting out treflips at the skatepark got me more than a few nights of quality poontang :smirk:

P.S. more hot chics hangout at the skatepark than in the smoking circle

OfflineGintoh1
Stranger
Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: godisamushroom]
    #18559470 - 07/14/13 09:35 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well what made you like it?

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

#18559518 - 07/14/13 09:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Do you get anxiety from it or do you just feel like its a waste of time?

OfflineTwinEclipse
Psychedelic Alchemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: NGC1097
    #18559528 - 07/14/13 09:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gintoh1 said:
So i'm 19 and smoked weed for years....
I mean what else would I do, can't play pretend ninjas in the backyard with my friends like when I was a kid and even if I did it wouldn't be fun anymore. Just sitting around talking or going to movies seems bland, even if it's with people who have the same interests.

You are growing up. In the near future, you will have to evaluate your life and how you use it. If life is getting bland, you need to change things. You will realize you must transition on how you use drugs.

IMO, You're not getting bored with weed, you're getting bored with what you're doing when you're high. Think of it like eating the same cereal every day for a couple years, and every time you eat, you eat it in the same exact place every doggone time.

You should network.

Meh, I smoke every day too. I've been smoking since I was 14.. :/ im 20 now. I don't get as excited smoking as I used to back then...it just became a habit to use it all the time.
I still enjoy it because of the way it makes food taste, I laugh harder in movies, and it really makes time fly when you're bored. I like going out for a hike too, edibles on hand with some buddies.

Find something new to do while high, or take a quick break. I don't think its a good idea smoking the ganja if you don't enjoy it :confused:

--------------------
My purpose: to love, to share, and to experience....all while conforming to my psychedelic experiences.

Offlinegodisamushroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#18559540 - 07/14/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Skating? Listen to me dude, I used to be a lazy fatass too. I had a Call of Duty addiction, I gave up my life to play that shit hours and hours and hours.

It takes a solid month of going outside EVERYDAY before you "feel" in shape.

The reason it was so easy to like call of duty is because I didn't have to get off the damn couch. I just pushed buttons and it entertained me.

The reason people give up on physical tasks is because it makes them break a sweat, they feel "gross" from getting sweaty, they feel exhausted after only 15 fucking minutes of moving around.

Skating saved my life bro, EVERYTHING in life takes practice, but also DEDICATION. sure, it took me 6 months to learn how to ollie up a fuckin curb, but 2 years later I'm kickflipping down 4 stairs and doing treflips.

There's really nothing I can do for you, it has to click in your head. Ultimately, you have to be the one who decides to go outside instead of rolling another fatty.

rolling another fatty is an IMMEDIATE reward. That's why it's so much easier to do. Nowadays, my immediate reward is going down to the skatepark and getting my blood pumping.
It's so much more of an accomplishment to make a piece of wood simultaneously do a 360 and a flip under your feet AND LAND IT than to inhale a combusting plant.

I cant tell you what made me like it, I just do. Skateboarding isn't for everyone, but there's an equally physically active hobby for everyone.
perhaps start hanging out with different peers. Keep your current peers in touch so you can still score bags of herb, but you'll be much happier finding a hobby you don't need to pay for everytime you do it.

OfflineGintoh1
Stranger
Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: weshroom]
    #18559542 - 07/14/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well,ill tell you what its like. Everything starts seeming like im seeing it for the first time, like someone who has never seen humans before seeing them and being like "wow what are these bizarre pink creatures with hair only on there heads." And that freaks me out. Then I start thinking bad things, like hidden truths or something and am certain they are real, then  think about how much those hidden truths will effect me when i'm sober and how itll somehow negatively impact my life, but then I don't remember what they are. There are a lot of other weird things like that that I don't remember.

But then there are some fun moments so I always hold out hope. Actually I got pretty dam close 2 times ago, almost no negative thoughts the whole time. Was p cool.

Part of the problem is that I cant really ever figure out what its like so I can't prepare for it, like when i'm sober I can't mentally grasp what the whole experience is like.

Also Everything sometimes seems too real, like I look at my hands and it just seems wierd because its so real, like that one line from the NMH song "so strange to be anything at all." That's another thing that weirds me out.

Edited by Gintoh1 (07/14/13 10:05 PM)

Offlineth3tr335
Without judgement ...
Male

Loc: Usa Flag
    #18559550 - 07/14/13 10:01 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gintoh1 said:
So i'm 19 and smoked weed for years. Yet I don't actually enjoy it, there are moments where I feel like I "get" it but not most of the time. The thing is if you don't smoke weed that's such a social handicap, thats the only thing people at my school do when they hang out.

I mean what else would I do, can't play pretend ninjas in the backyard with my friends like when I was a kid and even if I did it wouldn't be fun anymore. Just sitting around talking or going to movies seems bland, even if it's with people who have the same interests. To be honest I smoke weed just hoping one day i'll "get" it.

You shouldn't smoke then.. Weed is not for everyone and you should never smoke it because all your peers are.. This has the potential to create a negativity between yourself and your intuition.. I can't tell you what to replace it with because I don't know you enough to answer that but I can tell you it is your duty to follow your instinct and if it isn't working for you, don't force it because it will never happen that way.. One Love..

--------------------
Ce plat de champignons a changé la destinée de l'Europe.

- Voltaire, Mémoires

OfflineGintoh1
Stranger
Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: th3tr335]
    #18559568 - 07/14/13 10:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not really asking for advice just if anyone knows the feeling.

OfflineTwinEclipse
Psychedelic Alchemist
Male User Gallery

#18559609 - 07/14/13 10:16 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gintoh1 said:

In that case, I know the feeling of weed not feeling the same as when I first started smoking, but that was a tolerance issue. If I think about it, I still enjoy it though..

If you feel that way, I think there  is someone else in this age of time that has felt the same way as you  :dancer:

--------------------
My purpose: to love, to share, and to experience....all while conforming to my psychedelic experiences.

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: TwinEclipse]
    #18559730 - 07/14/13 10:45 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Aww. I definately know the feeling.  :hi:

For me, weed has put me in the best of moods and on many occasions lifted my pessimistic butt off to higher ground, but when used in the wrong set and setting (wrong friends, wierd gut feeling, or even just when you dont need it), it backfires and a myriad of not so pleasant effects ensue (kind of like a mild bad trip). Dont underestimate the importance of set and setting even for something pretty trivial and common like bud.

Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary hand eye coordination or aptitude for such a complex task such as skateboarding (even though I have tried). I am severely flatfooted with severe balance issues (I walk like a freaking penguin).

It might be hard to develop a personal relationship with pot if you are always succumbing to peer pressure and smoking under those circumstances. For me, smoking bud is more of like a reward thing, because a dab to the face offers me a great deal of stress relief after a long day at work/school. So its almost like motivation to get shit done so I can dab out. :smile:

Also try finding some everyday malaise that you might find relief from, from bud. Marijuana has TONS of applications/uses. For example, a buddy of mine has Crohn's disease, but was really judgemental when it came to smoking pot. After a bit of convincing, he now uses marijuana to ameliorate the ill effects of the disease with up to as much as 70% symptom reduction!

Offlineth3tr335
Without judgement ...
Male

Loc: Usa Flag
    #18559783 - 07/14/13 10:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gintoh1 said:

....wow....

--------------------
Ce plat de champignons a changé la destinée de l'Europe.

- Voltaire, Mémoires

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: th3tr335]
    #18559803 - 07/14/13 11:02 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

th3tr335 said:
Quote:

Gintoh1 said:

....wow....

yeah for real. wtf is that?
we love eachothere here on this forum bro

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

#18559860 - 07/14/13 11:15 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gintoh1 said:
Well,ill tell you what its like. Everything starts seeming like im seeing it for the first time, like someone who has never seen humans before seeing them and being like "wow what are these bizarre pink creatures with hair only on there heads." And that freaks me out. Then I start thinking bad things, like hidden truths or something and am certain they are real, then  think about how much those hidden truths will effect me when i'm sober and how itll somehow negatively impact my life, but then I don't remember what they are. There are a lot of other weird things like that that I don't remember.

But then there are some fun moments so I always hold out hope. Actually I got pretty dam close 2 times ago, almost no negative thoughts the whole time. Was p cool.

Part of the problem is that I cant really ever figure out what its like so I can't prepare for it, like when i'm sober I can't mentally grasp what the whole experience is like.

Also Everything sometimes seems too real, like I look at my hands and it just seems wierd because its so real, like that one line from the NMH song "so strange to be anything at all." That's another thing that weirds me out.

This really sounds familiar to me. I hope some of the things i said in my previous post can help, just remember even when it feels weird and not pleasant the experience will come to pass. If you can realize that while your high, then you can take the experience for what it is. Sounds like you have weird interesting experiences with pot like I use to have.

They do have their place! But just remember its healthy to have a balanced mind and that means doing what feels good to you.

I agree completely you are at a transitional period, we all kind of are all the time when you think about it. Find something you are interested in and dive into it. I found yoga and playing hand drums. I enjoy them, also riding my bike. I never got super amazing at any of these things, but I still enjoy them and empty myself into them as a way to reflect and let go. Clear my head so to speak.

I highly recommend making edibles and trying low dose!!! I didnt discover this until now, and I cant believe i didnt know about it before. It is definitely a much more manageable and enjoyable high. WHen I use to smoke, it would alter what I could do in the day. With the low dose edible I can still do whatever but I have this nice undertone of weed.

If you have a place to make them, I highly recommend doing it.
This tek is super easy and all you need is coconut oil, lecithin, herb, and an oven. It doesnt smell to cook either. Canna coco oil
The tek is here ^. I can type up a condensed version if you want.

But ya, it all comes down to what you do with the high. The weed energy, or just life in general. If you get high and do the same thing all the time and dont enjoy it then you have to start creating the change. Put energy into things you want to do. Like working out, meeting new people, finding a hobby, whatever it is. Be the change.

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

#18559867 - 07/14/13 11:16 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

No.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

OfflineTwinEclipse
Psychedelic Alchemist
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone know the feeling when you dont enjoy weed but smoke it anyway? [Re: Sham87]
    #18559876 - 07/14/13 11:18 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sham87 said:
No.

:takingnotes:
:confused:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order