Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Sauerkraut Done Simply * 1
    #18550660 - 07/12/13 08:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Made sauerkraut for the first time this past week and it turned out spectacular. It smells and tastes just like what I had hoped for and was much easier than I imagined.

Ingredients: Cabbage, carrots, ginger, salt
Step 1: Grate or finely chop fresh vegetables
Step 2: Mash the vegetables to break their cells and release their liquid while adding salt. The salt helps the vegetables to release their liquid and also serves to give lactic acid forming bacteria an environmental advantage.
Step 3: Put the liquid and vegetables into a seal-able jar. Leave a good amount of space at the top of the jar because as it ferments the contents of the jar will expand. If the jar is too full water will be forced out of it through the top. Make sure the liquid covers the vegetable material and if there's not quite enough some water can be added.
Step 4: Secure the lid and leave the jar somewhere warm. After about 3-5 days in warm conditions, a bit longer in cooler conditions, it should take on the recognizable smell of sauerkraut. Once it smells and tastes like real sauerkraut you can store it in the refrigerator for quite a long while.

Here's the video I watched as a guide:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Sauerkraut Done Simply [Re: PoC]
    #18558415 - 07/14/13 05:39 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PoC said:
Made sauerkraut for the first time this past week and it turned out spectacular. It smells and tastes just like what I had hoped for and was much easier than I imagined.

Ingredients: Cabbage, carrots, ginger, salt
Step 1: Grate or finely chop fresh vegetables
Step 2: Mash the vegetables to break their cells and release their liquid while adding salt. The salt helps the vegetables to release their liquid and also serves to give lactic acid forming bacteria an environmental advantage.
Step 3: Put the liquid and vegetables into a seal-able jar. Leave a good amount of space at the top of the jar because as it ferments the contents of the jar will expand. If the jar is too full water will be forced out of it through the top. Make sure the liquid covers the vegetable material and if there's not quite enough some water can be added.
Step 4: Secure the lid and leave the jar somewhere warm. After about 3-5 days in warm conditions, a bit longer in cooler conditions, it should take on the recognizable smell of sauerkraut. Once it smells and tastes like real sauerkraut you can store it in the refrigerator for quite a long while.

Here's the video I watched as a guide:

Looks purty yummy.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates