Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Tabernathe Iboga: The Healer
    #1854981 - 08/27/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I chose to post this here rather than in ODD because I wish to observe and participate in a discussion regarding the spiritual questions raised by a plant such as this.

For those who don't know, the Iboga Shrub produces a screwed-up looking tryptamine called Ibogaine, as well as a number of other similar tryptamines in smaller concentrations. Those who drink a brew made from the shrub, or a powdered extract of the same, report coming into the presence of a benevolent entity who "shows the way", points out life's mistakes, and showers the voyager with feelings of "forgiveness and healing."

Many of us can relate to this type of feeling with mushrooms. Though, Iboga seems different in the way I've heard it described. It seems that this forgiving spirit is encountered by all those who imbibe the drug. The theme of taking ibogaine does not seem to vary, as with mushrooms, LSD, even DMT.

There have been reports of life-long heroin addicts (upwards of 25 and 30 years of heroin addiction) undergoing a single 6 hour ibogaine experience, coming away from it having broken their habits and building for themselves healthy, productive lives. To turn around such a powerful addiction in so short a time, one has to wonder what is involved here. Does this exceed the limits of our neurochemistry?

Here is a link to a Real Media documentary about Ibogaine. This video is as hilarious as it is informitive. They say such things as "Ironically, an ancient practice might hold a solution.", as though this is a radical idea. They also suppose that Ibogaine specifically targets and destroys brain cells associated with addiction.

The Ibogaine molecule:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Tabernathe Iboga: The Healer [Re: Ped]
    #1855247 - 08/27/03 04:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Tabernathe Iboga: The Healer [Re: Ped]
    #1855345 - 08/27/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

my brother broke an oxycontin addiction with the help of ibogaine. he went to canada to a special doctor who helped as a sitter and guide. it changed his life....although, he never had 'tripped' on anything and hasnt since, so i dunno how it compares to shrooms.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology