Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMysterious figure
Seeker of darkness
Male

Hunting in Puerto Rico (no mushrooms!)(vid of field) * 1
    #18533652 - 07/09/13 09:43 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hello this post is being made for the intention of getting ideas on when and where to hunt, keep in mind its my first post and that I've been fascinated by Magic mushrooms as far as I can remember. But never have come in contact with one.

Location:North east of Puerto Rico, near by the rain forest.

Field:

Targets: psilocybin cubensis, psilocybin cyanesens(rare but it could happen, specially here)

Weather: 75-80 degrees at peak(12:00PM-3:00PM)/Raining on and off everyday for a month.

Species found(cow manure): pans. antillarum only.

Humidity levels are very high and during the day an unbearable heat wave comes along light showers of rain, I've been visiting the field every day for a month. its a pain to walk such a distance, but I get very excited from the idea of finding a patch of cubes and its enough to give me the strength to go up that hill.

I am planing to stop my search of actives until October which here is nicknamed "el mes de las brujas" it means "the month of witches" because of the abundance of magic mushrooms. I'm far from giving up but it gets me down. Any tips or ideas? Places I can go?

The field is 100% filled with manure so its apt for cubes but the temperature here may be too extreme at summer.

Greeting from The Caribbean ^.^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting in Puerto Rico (no mushrooms!)(vid of field) [Re: Mysterious figure]
    #18533806 - 07/09/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I think you mean Panaeolus cyanescens. Psilocybe cyanescens are a woodloving species that grow in more temperate climates.

InvisibleMidnightCity
Apache Rose Peacock
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting in Puerto Rico (no mushrooms!)(vid of field) [Re: Mysterious figure]
    #18533840 - 07/09/13 11:01 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:Cool stuff! I wish more people would make videos instead of just pics (myself included:tongue:).

Just keep searching, that looks like a perfect field. Search in a circle around trees following the cattle trails. I would look at the bottom of that hill near the woodline/trees where the water collects under the shade.

Also, you're not going to find Psyilocybe cyanescens in that area of the world. You will find Panaeolus cyanescens, which is more potent(it grows on dung and looks similar to P. antillarum. Here's the list of actives that grow there (In case you haven't checked it out already).

Puerto Rico
Panaeolus cyanescens
Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus fimicola
Panaeolus sp.
Psilocybe caribaea
Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe guilartensis
Psilocybe portoricensis
Psilocybe subpsilocybioides
Psilocybe zapotecoantillarum

Happy hunting!:gethigh:

OfflineMysterious figure
Seeker of darkness
Male

Re: Hunting in Puerto Rico (no mushrooms!)(vid of field) [Re: MidnightCity]
    #18534313 - 07/09/13 01:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! And yes, I have the list of species that grow in the island. And I will take your advice tomorrow morning. Cheers!

Edit:Problem.. I have no data regarding some species that only grow here. Like the portoricensis(I may have misspelled it :p)

Edited by Mysterious figure (07/09/13 01:48 PM)

InvisibleMidnightCity
Apache Rose Peacock
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #18534438 - 07/09/13 02:17 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mysterious figure said:
Thanks! And yes, I have the list of species that grow in the island. And I will take your advice tomorrow morning. Cheers!

Edit:Problem.. I have no data regarding some species that only grow here. Like the portoricensis(I may have misspelled it :p)

Stick with looking for the easy ones (cubes, pan cyans) for right now, but keep an eye out for all mushrooms

OfflineMysterious figure
Seeker of darkness
Male

Re: Hunting in Puerto Rico (no mushrooms!)(vid of field) [Re: MidnightCity]
    #18548282 - 07/12/13 10:57 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

after the heavy rainstorm that came here I waited 2 and a half days to hunt but there were no trace of any mushroom except for stem-less tree decomposers. my plan is to wait till october because I want my first trip to be halloween-themed; and for now im going back to lucid dreams.

Will post my finds in due time.Peace and happyness ^,^y

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate