Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebeam
What do you get out of your trips!
    #1854046 - 08/27/03 07:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How do they help you?

Do they present you with any problems?

Has a certain trip changed your life/perception?

What do you find yourself asking youself?

Basically why do you trip?

Its probably best to quote this then fill in your answers.

I totally understand that these are very personnal questions, but some input would be greatly appreciated, it doesn't even have to be along the lines of those questions.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: What do you get out of your trips! [Re: beam]
    #1855863 - 08/27/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like to trip when my life is going smooth, and I dont have many worries. If i try to trip when i have stuff on my mind, it will sure as hell show, and kick my ass into shape. This can be a good thing, especially people trying to kick habbits.

Ive never had any problems from tripping. Sometimes there will be a difficult lesson, thats pretty brutal on your ego/soul/brain, but after time, it turns out to be a blessing.

Ive had a couple trips now that completely changed my outlook on life for the better. I have relized that my perception on life is mine only, and that has helped me to udnerstand how other people work, and be able to be more understanding / helpful. I have relized for myself that there is a delicate balance in nature, and I am coming closer and closer to being in harmony each day it seems.

I trip because it allows me to expand my mind. I may not learn top secret codes of the universe when i trip, but then again i may. Im not saying its a connection with god, or anything more than a chemical reaction in my brain. But when this happens, I start to notice small stuff...the order of hte natural cycle. I relize that every life on this planet plays an important role, and without even the smallest insect, things could be totally diffrent.

I have always admired the beauty of the earth, its a wonderful place, and i love being here. I used to stare at the blue/green/pink/purple sunset with the bright sun disappearing behind a mountain with palm trees waving around, thinking ... Damn thats beautiful, i wish ... i dunno what i wish. I wish i was it, experiencing it, I wish i could capture it on a picture for what it really is and hang it on my wall. I wish I WAS the sunset. After my first shroom trip, i relize I am, and i always will be. This allows me to look into the heavens and say "this is awsome"

People obviously have a subconscious, how else could we explain it. It is scientifically proven. I am pretty sure that i am accessing my subconscious when i shroom in 1 way or another, even if it is by mistake. This is a remarkable experience, and allows us to go beyond our conscious limits.

People have 5 senses that we can consciously control, and our conscious mind only plays a small role in what goes on. There is no reason to say that we are limited to 5, and that our subconscious has no external communication. I cannot prove this, but no one can prove it wrong.

Thats some of what happens. And like I said, even if it is a chemical reaction in my brain, and has nothing to do with spirituality, or anything else, thats cool. It lets me think think out of the box, maybe there ISNT more to reality than what i see, maybe its just an illusion caused by my brain...but you know what that means? There IS more to my brain that what i know. And either way, I am extremely interested.

Thats some of the reasons i do psychedelics.

peace

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What do you get out of your trips! [Re: tak]
    #1857957 - 08/28/03 06:32 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the insight, tak. Great stuff.

I have never gotten a chance to really trip much, and never on enough at one time, so my experience is limited, but someday...hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you get out of your trips! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1858424 - 08/28/03 11:11 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Alot of people here have not taken big doses. I know I was talking about spirituality / philosophy on this forum, talking about drugs, and the psychedelic voyage far before i had a big trip. I smoked bud a few times, and had a low dose of shrooms, but for alot of people, this is how we think, and the drugs come later.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1858639 - 08/28/03 12:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

When I was young I tripped for the sake of "tripping" having fun seeing pretty colors and the like. Sometimes I would have a profound vision or thought but being young (for myself) I passed them off and just moved on to have more fun.

Now "tripping" whether through chemicals, meditation of sensory depravation is more of an inner journey for me to explore who I am, my inner fears and wants, my intellect, and my thoughts on the universe as a whole. Yea sometime I don't gain insight and just a great time letting my mind get away form the stresses of everyday life and this body it has to control. It?s a great relaxation tool for me.

I have learned some profound things during my journeys into myself. Some, as mentioned above, have changed me forever in a good positive way. I have deal with suppressed feeling, fears, and even solved some problems I had, all while my mind was free.

I've had my share of unpleasantness as well, a mind is not all flowers, rainbows and happy thoughts, as all of you know. But all is a lesson if you choose to hear it..It?s your mind (soul), 2nd personality, telling you what you need or don't want to hear. It?s a beautiful thing.

I just recently had a profound experience and I'll share it with you.

Remember this is MY perception of what happened in my mind.

..at some point I got freaked(mentally) as I do some times while tripping, slipping in and out of consciousness, I though I was going to die. I know I wasn?t but I get like this sometimes. Thinking about my wife and my children, what would they do? How could I do this to them? I hear a voice, its me, (I often have conversations with myself some times there are multiple me?s discussing things) It tells me to follow?.I go through a long journey down a ever darkening tunnel(cave) and come to a room with a chest in it. ?Here is where your love is kept? I hear myself say. I remember this chest I think to myself?when I was young I had a favorite pet die and swore I would never love again (you know things kids do) ?open it? I hear again?.?see what your love contains? I open the chest and to my utter amazement(words cannot describe it) it Empty?.?oh God? I think but that?s not true , I love my wife, I love my kids, my family?.?here is some paper, write down your wife and kids names and put it in the chest.? I instruct myself?emotions are swirling, I?m sad..happy, euphoric, depressed.. I know I will very rarely see this chest if ever again. I put my loved ones in it?and close the lid? ?See, now you can love again? I hear??but I did, do and will always love them? I say?.?No now you are capable of REAL love, go from here and tell them?

I exit my ?trance? fully refreshed with tears of joy and a new sense of the husband and father I will be. Sometimes Visions are truly life changing

Thx for listening

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1858770 - 08/28/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

As far as insights go, it's different with every trip. It Also has to do with the batch of shrooms. Some trips will be mostly visual some will be a mind fuck.

One thing I have experienced while tripping is extreme euphoria. Waaay more than with any other substance or mindset sober.
On my better trips this would happen usually after the peak. During this period I usually gain a new/better sense of self.

I've also had seemingly external cosmic information beamed into me. I remember on one trip (forgot on what) I had my eyes closed. I saw this tiny spec of light from veeery far away. It was surrounded by a black void. I knew that what I was seeing was the universe.

Another thing that I really like about tripping is the longer lasting effects. I've noticed it starting usually 2 weeks after my trip. During this period I feel way more mellow than I usually am. I'm also way more patient and outgoing. This period always happens and lasts for from 3 days to 2 weeks. It depends on how the trip went. 

Basically, tripping provokes thinking. Some people in life try to ignore philosophical thinking, some welcome it. For them, existence created a few wonderful compounds... :grin:   

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you get out of your trips! [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1860967 - 08/29/03 12:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

great posts!

and about euphoria, hehe i know what you mean. Acid and shrooms have been refered to as ecstacy, both on a physical and spiritual level. First time i dosed acid, i found myself in a weird state of bliss and i said damn, this feels like the word 'ecstacy,' and it was. Too bad they had to take a name of such beauty and power and degrade it with little pills you eat in clubs and feel good ;]

--------------------

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1861288 - 08/29/03 01:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How do they help you? Well, I'm not quite sure yet.. I dont think ive met that whole 'life reflection' stage yet.

Do they present you with any problems? Nope.. sometimes the day after I feel pretty drained though

Has a certain trip changed your life/perception? Well I like to know that my mind can do certain things that I wouldnt have been able to know If I had never tripped.

What do you find yourself asking youself? Wow I cant even answer that, I ask myself so much..

Basically why do you trip? Because I like thinking of myself as an explorer of one cool frontier; my mind.

Edited by Crass (08/29/03 01:54 AM)

Offlinebeam
Re: What do you get out of your trips! [Re: Crass]
    #1861643 - 08/29/03 04:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Great posts everyone

Great insight into your profound experience goobler.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology